Texas Police Officer, Kenneth Copeland, Ambushed And Shot To Death Serving Warrant

Long story short, there's not much to discuss when it comes to a cop being killed in the line of duty. It's awful, but there's not much to debate.

That was not an insult. It was just an honest opinion about a topic that I care about and I don't want to see it devalued to make a point. I think Splendica was out to make a point about how this topic is undervalued and not talked about enough, and I agree with that point. I think that spamming the forum with threads about it to make that point was misguided. I don't see that as an insult, I'm being honest.

Hopefully people can move past that and have a valuable conversation now. I have 4 friends who are cops (2 black, 1 Hispanic, 1 white), and they have all been in difficult positions in their career. They are good people, and I do have concerns about their safety.

There was a conversation starting then some guys(including u) attacked the OP and even said he should be dubbed.

Go hit up the police brutality threads and tell them to stop spamming and take it seriously

Both types of threads are important and to insult someone for merely posting something is childish

I said nothing about whether I want it posted or not. I am simply explaining why I think your expectations on outrage are wrong. Police do something wrong, you would think that the government/unions do something to fix it. Yet here we are in 2017 and bodycams/dashcams are still off while cops get into altercations.

Where do you direct your outrage for criminals exactly? Do you call the criminal union and ask them to stop ambushing cops?

No. You talk about the dangers of the job. How it affects the psyche of officers. How it affects the families. How it may contribute to cops being more inclined to shoot first ask questions later. Offer grief and condolences to the victim and family.

Nah, you're right. We will just talk about the bad cops over and over and never mention the fallen ones

There was a conversation starting then some guys(including u) attacked the OP and even said he should be dubbed.

Go hit up the police brutality threads and tell them to stop spamming and take it seriously

Both types of threads are important and to insult someone for merely posting something is childish

I did not attack anybody. Splendica even knows that I did not attack anybody. He "liked" my post because he valued my post.

I think everybody is growing tired of you playing a victim. Please give it a rest. The Victim Olympics that you are trying so hard to gold-medal in is growing tiresome.

Do cops kill 15 times more citizens than vice versa?

Yes?

Oh, then shut the fuck up with the anti-cop belly aching.

Why would those numbers be different?

You realize what a cop does for a living, right?

So how many of those were considered unjustified?

Im 100% cool with any amount of threads on police brutality/killings/corruption. It's a real thing. But don't get down on people posting stuff that shows cops are also human and die

I did not attack anybody. Splendica even knows that I did not attack anybody. He "liked" my post because he valued my post.

I think everybody is growing tired of you playing a victim. Please give it a rest. The Victim Olympics that you are trying so hard to gold-medal in is growing tiresome.
Who were you referring to that was shameful for thread spamming?

You said it. Who were you referring to if not the person who started the threads?

So how many of those were considered unjustified?

How many were considered "unjustified" by the police department investigating its own murders?

I'd guess somewhere between 0 and whogivesafuck.

I swear. Why is there a group in here that thinks they need to censor the WR?
Again, trying to politicize it because you don't have an argument. This is the mechanism that got this place all fucked up this summer. You don't have a legit response to my suggestion, and now you're trying to bring forum policy into it. You're turning to political correctness.

How many were considered "unjustified" by the police department investigating its own murders?

I'd guess somewhere between 0 and whogivesafuck.

So no cops were suspended fired or prosecuted in 2016?

This is just priceless coming from a guy who eats up everything the Justice department FBI & CIA say

Again, trying to politicize it because you don't have an argument. This is the mechanism that got this place all fucked up this summer. You don't have a legit response to my suggestion, and now you're trying to bring forum policy into it. You're turning to political correctness.

What. I'm asking you to be fair

Do not tell posters what is ok to post

Again NAC. Who were you referring to as shamefully thread spamming???

Just be fair and consistent gentlemen

What. I'm asking you to be fair

Do not tell posters what is ok to post
Would you like a forum subsidy, or perhaps some form of affirmative action, to protect you from my suggestion?

(and please recognize the irony in your flaccid attempt to instruct me that it's not okay to say that things are not okay)

Would you like a forum subsidy, or perhaps some form of affirmative action, to protect you from my suggestion?

(and please recognize the irony in your flaccid attempt to instruct me that it's not okay to say that things are not okay)
Everyone can post. That's my point. If you wanna be the guy telling people what to post, that's up to you. You have actually been kinda rational. I said it would be ok to merge. I just pointed out the hypocrisy

Also was cool how Homer said he'd like to see him dubbed for starting the thread. The guy is the definition of fascism. Can you imagine him with power.

Who were you referring to that was shameful for thread spamming?

You said it. Who were you referring to if not the person who started the threads?

Again NAC. Who were you referring to as shamefully thread spamming???

Relax.

I did not call him "shameful" at all, I said that I agreed with everything he said in his thread, said that violence against police is part of the reason we see violent officers, and said that I know cops who are great people and fear for their safety. I only said it was a shame that the topic was going to not receive the sincerity that it deserves because he initially made his point by thread-spamming topics related to it. That is not an attack, and he did not take it as an attack. He was okay with that criticism, it was minor. He is not acting a victim, because he is an adult and understands criticism is not an attack.

Splendica and I are having a respectful conversation in the other thread. Meanwhile, you are derailing this thread by pretending Splendica was victimized somehow. This is an important topic, it offends me a bit that you'd turn it into some kind of petty argument.

lol. I said it would be ok to merge. I just pointed out the hypocrisy

Also was cool how Homer said he'd like to see him dubbed for starting the thread.
I don't need to answer for Homer, but you'll notice that I disagreed with him.

Do you disagree that it would be more effective to track & update a quality OP on the subject rather than taking the spamming approach?

Karma for the asshole cop in Arizona that executed the unarmed, crying, man

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/us/san-marcos-police-officer-killed/index.html

"Kenneth Copeland was not supposed to be working Monday. Now he's being memorialized as a hero.

The veteran officer with the San Marcos, Texas, police department was shot and killed in the line of duty Monday afternoon while trying to serve an arrest warrant.
He and other officers were serving the warrant in a subdivision about 2:23 p.m. when a suspect opened fire on them 'much like in an ambush type of situation,' said San Marcos Police Chief Chase Stapp at a news conference."

>

'The suspect surrendered to officers and was transported to a hospital with a gunshot wound. He will be taken into custody when he's medically stable, Stapp said. It was not immediately known whether the suspect shot himself or was shot by an officer on the scene,' Stapp said.

'Police are not identifying the suspect until he can be taken before a judge and formally charged,' Stapp said."

Sad that cops get killed regularly while just trying to do their jobs of serving and protecting like this man did. Ambushed.

The suspect is being given careful treatment until formal charging, so, as of the time of the article, has not been identified.

What a dangerous job it is being a police officer and it comes with so much disrespect and hate. Very sad.

Yeah, being a cop would suck ass. You literally deal with the biggest shitbags in the US (outside of prisons), and always have to worry about getting shot or killed.

Karma for the asshole cop in Arizona that executed the unarmed, crying, man

What an awful thing to say. That is like saying that a teacher who gets hit by a car is just Karma for some other teacher assaulting a kid. They have nothing to do with each other.

Back