Texas Police Officer, Kenneth Copeland, Ambushed And Shot To Death Serving Warrant

splendica

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/us/san-marcos-police-officer-killed/index.html

"Kenneth Copeland was not supposed to be working Monday. Now he's being memorialized as a hero.

The veteran officer with the San Marcos, Texas, police department was shot and killed in the line of duty Monday afternoon while trying to serve an arrest warrant.
He and other officers were serving the warrant in a subdivision about 2:23 p.m. when a suspect opened fire on them 'much like in an ambush type of situation,' said San Marcos Police Chief Chase Stapp at a news conference."

>

'The suspect surrendered to officers and was transported to a hospital with a gunshot wound. He will be taken into custody when he's medically stable, Stapp said. It was not immediately known whether the suspect shot himself or was shot by an officer on the scene,' Stapp said.

'Police are not identifying the suspect until he can be taken before a judge and formally charged,' Stapp said."

Sad that cops get killed regularly while just trying to do their jobs of serving and protecting like this man did. Ambushed.

The suspect is being given careful treatment until formal charging, so, as of the time of the article, has not been identified.

What a dangerous job it is being a police officer and it comes with so much disrespect and hate. Very sad.

Still safer than being a truck driver I suppose.

Damn, I used to live in San Marcos. It is a university town in hill country.

Wonder if he was serving a student.

Since these aren't really threadworthy as individual threads, maybe you should maintain one thread about killings of cops and update the OP with news. It's not that cops being killed isn't newsworthy, but this thing where people choose a pet issue and spam it never works out well. I think it would improve your qualities as a poster too.

Since these aren't really threadworthy as individual threads, maybe you should maintain one thread about killings of cops and update the OP with news. It's not that cops being killed isn't newsworthy, but this thing where people choose a pet issue and spam it never works out well. I think it would improve your qualities as a poster too.
This post is way more generous than I'm willing to be. I'd dump both threads and give him dubs. He's done this multiple times in the past with his shit threads.

This post is way more generous than I'm willing to be. I'd dump both threads and give him dubs. He's done this multiple times in the past with his shit threads.
Well, I wouldn't, but that's why you're president and I'm not. btw I hope one of your first official acts as pres will be to start a year end awards.

There isn't much to say, I feel for the officers family, wish he had not been shot. I hope his family get justice for his death.

Good thing you're not a mod. None of my posts have been "shit-posts".

Your posting, however, is really substandard. Seano, who's one of the better posters on this board called you out on it a couple of days ago. Hopefully you shape up.

Good thing you're not a mod. None of my posts have been "shit-posts".

Your posting, however, is really substandard. Seano, who's one of the better posters on this board called you out on it a couple of days ago. Hopefully you shape up.

His niche is getting people banned.

Along with posting gifs

This thread needs a hot take to spice things up a little bit so here it is:

Killing cops is really cool and good.

Discuss.

Hey Mods

Time to merge ALL Police brutality threads together and merge all officer fatality threads.

Make Homer Happy Again 2018!!

This thread needs a hot take to spice things up a little bit so here it is:

Killing cops is really cool and good.

Discuss.

Dumb song and part of the roots of the growing law-enforcement hate in the US. What I said is the truth.

Also, I am curious as to how the university has changed so much over the last eight years since I was there.

Recently the school’s newspaper was in embroiled in a racism story when it released an article about how being white is an abomination.

As well men have been kicked off campus for releasing white supremacy material. I don’t remember the area being this divided.

Hey Mods

Time to merge ALL Police brutality threads together and merge all officer fatality threads.

Make Homer Happy Again 2018!!
You inadvertently show the difference here- these are reflexive complaint threads, in the manner of "all lives matter" and do not have a central message or a positive belief. In other words they are response threads, and it shows. This is cynicism rather than concern for the topic. That's one of the reasons I suggest the OP just make a thread that addresses these things as a whole, because it's all the same thread. The circumstances don't matter.

You inadvertently show the difference here- these are reflexive complaint threads, in the manner of "all lives matter" and do not have a central message or a positive belief. In other words they are response threads, and it shows. This is cynicism rather than concern for the topic. That's one of the reasons I suggest the OP just make a thread that addresses these things as a whole, because it's all the same thread. The circumstances don't matter.

He wasn't the thread starter.

In fact, your post shows as a reflexive complaint post. How ironic.

+1

A compiled thread is good its easy to track down previous posts too! like what Arkain2k does in his Mega threads at first it may look tedious but at the end of the day if you want to use a link as a source its much easier to look it up and repost the link elsewhere.

Same with officer involved shootings. They can all have their own thread.

Back