Texas Police Officer, Kenneth Copeland, Ambushed And Shot To Death Serving Warrant

The guy kills a cop then surrenders?

Hopefully the death penalty is in order. Would be even better if the executioner fucked up the lethal injection so the guy suffers while slowly dying.

Same with officer involved shootings. They can all have their own thread.

I don't mind this idea.

The fact is, there have been an untold number of "__ getting murdered by a cop" threads over the last few years. Usually they're only made when the cop is white and the victim is black. And usually there are lots of circumstances involved.

And I get called out for making two threads about cops being murdered while in the line of duty.

Absolute hypocrisy and why this country is having major problems bordering on anarchy.

I don't mind this idea.

The fact is, there have been an untold number of "__ getting murdered by a cop" threads over the last few years. Usually they're only made when the cop is white and the victim is black. And usually there are lots of circumstances involved.

And I get called out for making two threads about cops being murdered while in the line of duty.

Absolute hypocrisy and why this country is having major problems bordering on anarchy.

Yea. If it's done both ways totally fine.

My mom lives in San Marcos. My wife graduated from there. Her brother still goes to school there.

Anything on the I-35 corridor near Mexico is only going to get worse.

I want to quote my statement from the other police officer shot and killed thread I made:

"Another sad case, recently, where a police officer doing his job, gets killed.

I think it's important to get to the bottom of violence against police officers in the US. Are there systemic problems that are creating a culture of violence against law enforcement? In my opinion there clearly is. Another young, profitable life taken from us far too soon. May God bless and help his family and the colleagues he was taken from."

He should not have shot that police officer, it was the wrong thing to do.

How the fuck did he know they were en route to even set up the shot?

Same with officer involved shootings. They can all have their own thread.
This is like when a guy doesn't know he has bad breath because he's noseblind to it. Your opinion isn't conditioned on effectiveness, but instead on a childish notion of fair play. It's still all about your political correctness urge. It sounds like the sort of thing a baby marxist with a scholarship would say on the second day of class.

He wasn't the thread starter.

In fact, your post shows as a reflexive complaint post. How ironic.
I didn't say he was the OP. In fact I made the distinction that he wasn't.

You don't have to take my suggestion of course. You can play it out your way and see if it works. God bless America yo.

I don't mind this idea.

What are you proposing we do about cops getting gunned down exactly?

People get more outraged by cops killing innocent people because their job is to protect. Instead we constantly see videos of asshole cops straight up murdering people, and they get off with a slap on the wrist.

Violence against the police is absolutely a threadworthy topic. It's every bit as sad when a cop is murdered as it is when a cop murders a normal guy. Violence against police officers is one of the reasons why so many police officers are on edge and more likely to kill people when it's not necessary. I think it is a shame that the topic is being thread-spammed right now instead of approached with the dignity and sobriety that it deserves.

I didn't say he was the OP. In fact I made the distinction that he wasn't.

You don't have to take my suggestion of course. You can play it out your way and see if it works. God bless America yo.

Well, you said "thread."

I don't care if there are merged threads, but it should be consistent is all. As I said earlier, there have been far more threads of one type. Merge both types.

What are you proposing we do about cops getting gunned down exactly?

People get more outraged by cops killing innocent people because their job is to protect. Instead we constantly see videos of asshole cops straight up murdering people, and they get off with a slap on the wrist.

It shows how dangerous the job is. Why would there be a problem with recognizing it and posting it.

You may not like it posted. But some do

Violence against the police is absolutely a threadworthy topic. It's every bit as sad when a cop is murdered as it is when a cop murders a normal guy. Violence against police officers is one of the reasons why so many police officers are on edge and more likely to kill people when it's not necessary. I think it is a shame that the topic is being thread-spammed right now instead of approached with the dignity and sobriety that it deserves.

Exactly this. Also, it's the same assault on law-enforcement that's causing some to question whether they should become an officer in the first place. Further to this, police forces are even questioning whether they should let some areas "go to hell" and withdraw altogether. It's insane.

I don't care if there are merged threads, but it should be consistent is all. As I said earlier, there have been far more threads of one type. Merge both types.
No, I'm not appealing to forum rules or any forced merging of threads, I'm making a personal suggestion to you, for an improvement. Putting these in one thread and tracking news & updating the OP will be more effective than the spamming approach. Notice how you're responding to me by turning this into a micro-political issue ("merged threads should be consistent"). That's not what I'm talking about.

Come on man. Great post and then have to insult at the end. Man

Look at all the Police Brutality threads. Are they just being thread spammed?

Enough with the insults

I swear. Why is there a group in here that thinks they need to censor the WR? We have how many Police brutality threads. And I have not seen 1 poster say it's spamming and it needed to be merged together.

A couple of officer shot threads come up and the SAME group come in saying its shit and needs to be merged. 1 guy even saying dubs should be given for posting the thread.

Come on man. Great post and then have to insult at the end. Man

Look at all the Police Brutality threads. Are they just being thread spammed?

Enough with the insults

That was not an insult. It was just an honest opinion about a topic that I care about and I don't want to see it devalued to make a point. I think Splendica was out to make a point about how this topic is undervalued and not talked about enough, and I agree with that point. I think that spamming the forum with threads about it to make that point was misguided. I don't see that as an insult, I'm just being honest in saying that I don't think it will help to start a serious conversation.

Hopefully people can move past that and have a valuable conversation now. I have 4 friends who are cops (2 black, 1 Hispanic, 1 white), and they have all been in difficult positions in their career. They are good people, and I do have concerns about their safety.

It shows how dangerous the job is. Why would there be a problem with recognizing it and posting it.

You may not like it posted. But some do

I said nothing about whether I want it posted or not. I am simply explaining why I think your expectations on outrage are wrong. Police do something wrong, you would think that the government/unions do something to fix it. Yet here we are in 2017 and bodycams/dashcams are still off while cops get into altercations.

Where do you direct your outrage for criminals exactly? Do you call the criminal union and ask them to stop ambushing cops?

Back