News Terrance McKinney going full Khamzat style; where is the love from Sherdog?

Do you respect Terrance for taking a fight 2-3 weeks after he took damage and got choked out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why would he get love before he actually does it? It's hard to respect someone that loses quickly because they took fights too quick. If you think about it if anyone on this forum was tough enough, they could get their ass kicked 2 fights in a row assuming the first fight they got choked out.

Khamzat is/was an undefeated dynamo. McKinney is a mid level fighter with limited potential who's lost a lot already. Also, chin beard+chechen last name.
Black is more time proven than ev's ov's with beard

Yes a subpar fighter with the worst mental game in the sport is directly comparable to an undefeated, record breaking future champion... get out

Who is this Torrance McRory?

Black is more time proven than ev's ov's with beard

I don't care about who's black, white, Asian or whatever. Let's be real though, for basically all of Boxing history Russia, Central Asia and parts of Europe simply didn't get to take part due to communism and whatnot. Even now, many of their best boxers get ducked and avoided because as a business boxing is an English and Spanish speaking game largely and plus...Ex Soviet guys train and come up to strictly dominate amateurs, they often have to move stateside for pro boxing training as it's much different sport. Still, guys like GGG, Bivol, Beterbiev, Janibek, Usyk, Loma etc are amazing and many others they just lack the privilege and support that Western boxers have. As far as MMA goes, no part of the world has a stronger fight culture than these places, boxing, Judo, Sambo, wrestling, karate etc. Is very serious and the UFC has only like 25 entire Russians on its roster and not many central Asians, visa issues hold them back as does marketability. If we saw all the best Caucasians and Central Asians in MMA getting signed by the UFC like they do US and Brazilian fighters....there'd be a lot of ranked ovs and evs and a lot more champions too. They are great fighters.

Terrance McKinney is taking a fight 2 weeks after he got choked out by Nazim. It wasn't just a tap without damage though, Nazim did land some solid hard shots on Terrance at well.

Just after 2 weeks after getting subbed and taking some damage, Terrance is fighting again.

Kind of a crazy schedule, the only other fighter I remember doing something like this is Khamzat, and he did it from a win not a loss where he took damage, and he never did it more than once.

There was a ton of love for Khamzat when he fought John Phillips then McKee just 10 days later.
Sherdog was giving mad props to Khamzat for fighting again so soon...

Where is the love for Terrance?

Terrance steps in on short notice to face Breezy
UFC news: Terrance McKinney steps into short notice bout (usatoday.com)
<FookIsThatGuy>

From a damage and 'I need money' standpoint, there are worse ways to lose than via sub. Now T Wrecks gets two paydays

Terrance McKinney is taking a fight 2 weeks after he got choked out by Nazim. It wasn't just a tap without damage though, Nazim did land some solid hard shots on Terrance at well.

Just after 2 weeks after getting subbed and taking some damage, Terrance is fighting again.

Kind of a crazy schedule, the only other fighter I remember doing something like this is Khamzat, and he did it from a win not a loss where he took damage, and he never did it more than once.

There was a ton of love for Khamzat when he fought John Phillips then McKee just 10 days later.
Sherdog was giving mad props to Khamzat for fighting again so soon...

Where is the love for Terrance?

Terrance steps in on short notice to face Breezy
UFC news: Terrance McKinney steps into short notice bout (usatoday.com)
I respect the hustle, but he’s soured me because of his meltdowns on twitter. I appreciate what he does inside the octagon, but when you go out on social media and start calling fans names, and blasting the ref etc after a hard loss it kind of counter acts that foundational element of martial arts that’s all about sportsmanship. I can tolerate it when someone’s running a gimmick or has legitimate grievances. But Mckinneys reaction was really strong for what the situation actually was. It’s something I’ve also seen from Chris Curtis recently. And they were both guys I rooted for previously.

Im sure some will disagree with me. But in my own career I’ve been derailed, laid off, or had shit out of my control slow me down. I didn’t use it an excuse, I grew from it and made it part of my story. It’s called tenacity and I have a tough time rooting for people in a sport like mma that so plainly lack it.

That being said, good for him trying to get back in there and set the record straight (in his own eyes). I can respect that, and I wish him luck.

Dumb move imo. I don't really buy into this notion that it's super admira

I don't really think that taking another fight so quick is something to be praised for. Big whoop, he wants another payday. Meh, guy has lost 3 of 4 not apples to oranges with an obvious rising star like Kmat.

Also, I don't care because he's black. Is that what you are looking for?
There’s a middle ground somewhere between making dumb career moves and being a fighter that constantly pulls out and takes huge layoffs. Imo if you want to get rep with the fans, fight often & consistently for a prolonged period of time. Not many guys have a 4-5 win streak in a year and still remain “unknown” to hardcore fans.

If he wasn't cleared by the commission he wouldn't be allowed to fight. So fuck it.
True, but a similar situation happened with Jared Gordon, where the UFC and commission were all good with him fightijg shortly after being concussed, until he actualy said out loud that he was feeling better after being concussed. My point is - I wouldn't be surprosed if Dana cancels this at the last minute and finds a way to blame the fighter.

Is khamzat style losing back to back?

There’s a middle ground somewhere between making dumb career moves and being a fighter that constantly pulls out and takes huge layoffs. Imo if you want to get rep with the fans, fight often & consistently for a prolonged period of time. Not many guys have a 4-5 win streak in a year and still remain “unknown” to hardcore fans.
I don't put much stock in rep with the hardcore fans tbh, and I don't think that even crosses most of these guys minds. Yippie, some guys will talk about me in a better light on forums.

True, but a similar situation happened with Jared Gordon, where the UFC and commission were all good with him fightijg shortly after being concussed, until he actualy said out loud that he was feeling better after being concussed. My point is - I wouldn't be surprosed if Dana cancels this at the last minute and finds a way to blame the fighter.
Nah. This is gonna happen. And somebody is gonna get put to sleep.

Khamzat was winning in record time and impressive fashion. McKinney is getting KTFO and subbed in embarrassing fashion.

McKinney is an attention whore, is he cant get attention through winning fights then he will get attention through taking a lot of fights.

tumblr_oyyac9F2Zw1u2ragso4_250.gifv

tumblr_oyyac9F2Zw1u2ragso5_250.gif

MinorImpoliteHuemul-size_restricted.gif

PopularPerkyHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

Khamzat, who was the most hyped fighter on the roster and projected to be a future champ in multiple weight divisions, vs a guy who's name I've heard maybe a handful of times and seen fighting maybe once. Basically nobody gives a shit about McKinney so that's why there is a difference.

I don't put much stock in rep with the hardcore fans tbh, and I don't think that even crosses most of these guys minds. Yippie, some guys will talk about me in a better light on forums.
Clout with hardcores is what gets you on the main card

Back