Tell us the time you were addicted to video games

I played KOTOR1 for 70 hours the first week I had it, beating it twice.

That's the reason why I never played WOW, I know I'm succeptable to being addicted to videogames. But, I think the games I'm succeptable to being addicted to must have a gripping story. But, I never took the risk with WOW.
I never played WOW for the same reason. I had a roommate spend so much time on WOW he met and proposed to his soon to be ex wife on one of the servers before even meeting her in person. Pretty sure he lost his virginity to that wench so at least WOW helped him get laid lol

I never played WOW for the same reason. I had a roommate spend so much time on WOW he met and proposed to his soon to be ex wife on one of the servers before even meeting her in person. Pretty sure he lost his virginity to that wench so at least WOW helped him get laid lol

Were they both ugly AF?

GTA San Andreas on XBOX. Skipped some end of the year senior stuff in highschool for like a whole week when it dropped.

I was probably addicted to Diablo 2, and WoW for a bit up till BC. I was addicted to League for a while, but luckily I moved on to something less frustrating, hitting myself in the dick with a crowbar.

Playing ultima online with my 56k dial up cant remember how many times i got PKed when i first started. Remember the fear i use to have when i saw a red name coming towards me.

Took me ages to learn that game finally was able to buy my first house by farming dragons with my bard and using my fencer with a silver weapon to farm liches. They ruined the game bringing in that care bear zone cant remember what it was called

I dedicated thousands of hours to Neverwinter Nights from about 2004 to 2010. Mainly because of all the community made modules for it. I haven't played it nearly as much in recent years, but I still find time to play it every year. In fact, I suffered a pretty severe heart attack while playing it in 2014. Being the idiot I am I tried to ignore the pain shooting up my arms and into my chest just so I could finish off the one area I was in. Stupid me. It's still my favourite game of all time, though, even if the fucking thing almost killed me.

oh yea.

Command and conquer renegade

Random game from 2002, I was honestly one of the best to ever play that shizat.

played it religiously for a decade

Playing ultima online with my 56k dial up cant remember how many times i got PKed when i first started. Remember the fear i use to have when i saw a red name coming towards me.

Took me ages to learn that game finally was able to buy my first house by farming dragons with my bard and using my fencer with a silver weapon to farm liches. They ruined the game bringing in that care bear zone cant remember what it was called
Trammel and yeah it did spoil the game

I liked the part where my young Runescape character stumbled upon a Full-Rune outfitted dead knight in the Wilderness and looted his shit and trained up to wear it so he could pretend he was a master blacksmith that wouldn't craft Rune items for anyone

lol.

I also avoided playing WoW. I was a big Warcraft 2 fan/player and was pretty fuckin' sure if I had started playing that game it would have ended my life. I had just started working so I was too busy spending my money going out drinking and partying. Glad I never touched it but I love raiding in Destiny 1 and 2 so thought of raiding with 20+ people sounds like it would have been a blast of a time.

Counter Strike from 2001 to 2005. I have no idea how much I played, but it was too much that's for sure.

Lol funny you say you were addicted to RS.. my one buddy is currently hooked on that shit. Like it literally consumes his life from the time he gets off work for the past year now it crazy.

These are okay stories. Where are the raging ones?

I was legit hooked on the first EA UFC for ps4. I would go on 20-30 fight win streaks sometime, lose when I'd get cocky or psych myself out and fucking raaaaage. I'd never rage when I got one punch KO'd tho. I'l never forget when I first started playing I was DC and someone was taking me down and beating me up with Francis Carmont and I started flailing. Lol

I wouldn't call it addicted but I logged thousands of hours into Team Fortress 2 and DoD Source.

Everquest for years and years.

Would spend literal days camping gear or augments, or just grinding AAs (or lvl 45 back when that was murder).

Spent my 13th birday raiding Nagafen.

Star wars galaxies for years. Fuck that game owned my life so hard. My roommate and I would order a bunch of pizzas and buy a 24 pack of mountain dew on friday and play almost nonstop till sunday night. Fun as shit though.

Back