Tell us the time you were addicted to video games

itrainUFC

Black Belt in UFC
@Blue
Reaction score
I used to be addicted to Runescape.
2a2263b3603cc14186d1f6a948d6439b--dragon-slayer-comment.jpg

It was funny because I had a PS2 and an Xbox with better graphics.
This was back when tube tv's were a thing and Windows XP.
I used to hit the tv and monitors.
Controller slamming too. I must of killed off 5-6 controllers.
I was in middle school at the time.

Once I got into highschool, girls and music took over. I was huge into music then. Stopped being crazy for games since.

Last edited:
I was beyond addicted to Everquest. A typical day was: Wake up, smoke a bowl while I waited for the comp to start and login, play until I was hungry, eat at my desk, smoke cigs/drink soda at my desk, bathroom when needed, repeat every day.

Even when I was working, just toss 8 hours into that routine where i thought about EQ... I even called in sick to make certain raids (played on a pvp server and progression mobs were highly contested)

I have played Destiny almost daily for 3 years now, other than a few breaks where I took some months off due to lack of content.

Marble Madness, Final Fantasy 1, Master of Magic, Diablo,War Craft 2, Master of Magic, Myth 2, Silent Hill, Master of Magic then Diablo 2, probably in that order...

I was addicted to phantasy star online on Dreamcast. First time playing with others online and was fun as hell.

I've cancelled dates because I wanted to stay home and play Dark Souls, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3 and others.

These are okay stories. Where are the raging ones?

No rage because when I was a kid, my mom told me if I ever broke a controller or the console, I'd be sol and have to buy a new one by myself. I treated my first game systems like a newborn child.

I may or may not have called in sick for Fallout: New Vegas on release day.

Oh i still rage and im 37.

Many NES Max controllers were destroyed back in the day but nothing compares to the pc age..

My friends and i would play Warcraft 1 and 2 until sunrise. Then it was starcraft. I also remember doing dial up Doom 2 games and Heretic but we had to rely on the phones to be clear. Always all nighters.

It wasnt until Team Fortress classic that i returned to all nighters. I would flip the fuck out if a sniper consecutively headshot me as a soldier.

Couldn't get into Team Fortress 2 too much because other players had modded weapons. They may have since balanced that shit out tho..

- Counterstrike
- Diablo 3
- Destiny 1

Pulled a 30-36 hour run with Counterstrike twice when I was a lot younger. You know those Asian dudes that die in an internet café from playing games too fuckin' long? That coulda been me back then with Counterstrike but I woulda died at home...

Last edited:
I wasted most of a summer holiday off from school playing Final Fantasy X for about 12 hours a day weeks on end.

>asks for stories about being addicted to games
>expects everyone to correlate addiction to raging

Hitting monitors/tv and throwing controllers is an anger problem; you probably had serious issues in middle school.

With that said, Halo 1 and 2 were my middle school/early high school addictions before sports and martial arts took over.

>asks for stories about being addicted to games
>expects everyone to correlate addiction to raging

Hitting monitors/tv and throwing controllers is an anger problem; you probably had serious issues in middle school.

With that said, Halo 1 and 2 were my middle school/early high school addictions before sports and martial arts took over.

<BirdieOwn>

As a little kid getting my hands on Goldeneye 007 for the N64 was the highlight of Christmas 97. I was playing that game with my friends day in and day out sometimes they could only play it at my house cause their parents thought it was “too violent”. I basically owned with Oddjob (too short to get head shot) and automatic weapons. My fav was of course the RCP90 and or the golden gun

I failed 4 out 5 classes my first semester of college because of Halo 3. It was my first online multiplayer game. I ended up getting the ring of death and was set free. Probably the best thing that could've happened to me.

I played KOTOR1 for 70 hours the first week I had it, beating it twice.

That's the reason why I never played WOW, I know I'm succeptable to being addicted to videogames. But, I think the games I'm succeptable to being addicted to must have a gripping story. But, I never took the risk with WOW.

I remember getting a ton of shit from my mom in 1999 for staying up all night playing Team Fortress Classic on Half-life 1. My mom came down to the basement at 6:30am on a Saturday morning and was just like “what the fuck, did you stay up all night playing your game?!”

And I’m just like:

Better-Call-Saul-Mike-Ehrmantraut-Uh-No-Reaction-Jonathan-Banks.gif

Dota 1. 10 years ago. Favorite hero. Dragon knight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back