Teep Tactics

If it works, it works. The snobbery thing is like whatever, even back in my TKD days as a kid my group got shit on because a)we were poor and trained out of a middle school gym, and b)our main Sifu was black and the assistant was a white guy. But we did pretty well in tournaments in both forms and sparring so we were doing things right, and that's the important part.

Little did they know...
Michael_Jai_White_Victory_Dojo_476w.jpg

This is like an 80s martial arts film plot

It was the 80s when I started TKD. I'm not even joking.
To clarify though, it was the instructors who were poor, not so much the kids. They didn't have their own Dojo or building and had to travel around teaching classes out of school gyms and community centres. But they taught us elbows, trips, and other cool shit that's illegal in TKD but great for street fights, we were doing the Jackson-Wink sidekick to the knee 20 years before it was cool. I've always wondered why it took so long for that move to get used in MMA.

It was the 80s when I started TKD. I'm not even joking.
To clarify though, it was the instructors who were poor, not so much the kids. They didn't have their own Dojo or building and had to travel around teaching classes out of school gyms and community centres. But they taught us elbows, trips, and other cool shit that's illegal in TKD but great for street fights, we were doing the Jackson-Wink sidekick to the knee 20 years before it was cool. I've always wondered why it took so long for that move to get used in MMA.
MMA went through phases:
  • chuuu geee shoes
  • moo tai + wrasslin'
  • boxing + wrasslin'
  • now its adding everything else

Back