Crime Teen misses the bus, asks for directions, and gets shot at.

Hey, up for correction. quote it where it's written in the doc. Thanks.
*Offenders were known to their victims in 65% of violent burglaries; offenders were strangers in 28%

*On average, household members became victims of violent crimes in about 266,560 burglaries annually. Offenders known to their victims accounted for 65% of these burglaries; strangers accounted for 28%.

Over half (56%) of burglars are white, and 31% are Hispanic.

According to the stats you're more like to be murdered by someone of the _ _ _ _ race.

Think about it.

They make more in the aggregate partly because of the fact that they have, on average, much higher level of education and also because as an immigrant group without a land route to the US they're more likely to come from the upper class from their countries while the averages for whites are dragged down by lower class whites.

However, their higher levels of achievement in education do not translate into positions of power as they are underrepresented in managerial positions.
managementpipeline01.jpg

So because they're qualified they get good jobs but when it comes to deciding on upper levels positions they are frequently passed over for whites despite having higher achievement in education. What heuristic explains that?

Yeah I know and I already touched on why I made that claim, are you paying attention?

Sure, let's go with that. Does fact that they're under-represented in something mean that there's racism? Could they perhaps culturally value professional occupations as opposed to top managerial positions?

*Offenders were known to their victims in 65% of violent burglaries; offenders were strangers in 28%

*On average, household members became victims of violent crimes in about 266,560 burglaries annually. Offenders known to their victims accounted for 65% of these burglaries; strangers accounted for 28%.

Over half (56%) of burglars are white, and 31% are Hispanic.

According to the stats you're more like to be murdered by someone of the _ _ _ _ race.

Think about it.

You're not appreciating what "disproportionately" means.

Sure, let's go with that. Does fact that they're under-represented in something mean that there's racism?
It suggests it in light of the fact that they're high achievers on a series of metrics which would seem to indicate they're qualified for those positions. If not racism then what? As I asked, what heuristic explains it?

You're not appreciating what "disproportionately" means.
Not at all. From the link you didn't read.

Criminal justice policies and practices, and not just crime rates, are key drivers of these trends: correctional populations have grown during periods of declining crime rates and people of color are disproportionately punished even for crimes that they do not commit at higher rates than whites.5)

It suggests it in light of the fact that they're high achievers on a series of metrics which would seem to indicate they're qualified for those positions. If not racism then what? As I asked, what heuristic explains it?

Maybe they culturally value professional occupations rather than managerial positions? Who knows, the immediate conclusion doesn't seem to be therefore racism. Seems a little weird actually.

And why at top managerial positions? Why isn't it pervasive everywhere else, where there's a skewed disparity in their favor? If "because racism" why would they get lower on average interest rate loans than whites? Is the white racist banker more likely to be prejudice against Asians when making a teller promotion?

@Kafir-kun, I'm sure you'd also agree that its sexism which results in the overwhelming majority of prisoners being male, right? Afterall, the fact that there's a disparity in the prison population must be because of sexism, yes?

Maybe they culturally value professional occupations rather than managerial positions? Who knows, the immediate conclusion doesn't seem to be therefore racism. Seems a little weird actually.

And why at top managerial positions? Why isn't it pervasive everywhere else, where there's a skewed disparity in their favor? If "because racism" why would they get lower on average interest rate loans than whites? Is the white racist banker more likely to be prejudice against Asians when making a teller promotion?
If they bought Toyota they likely didn't.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...ist-interest-rate-practices-article-1.2520118

Asians themselves perceive discrimination in consideration for promotions:
In the context of institutional forms of discrimination, a quarter or more of Asian Americans say they have been personally discriminated against because they are Asian when applying for jobs ( 27%), when being paid equally or considered for promotions (25%), and when trying to rent or buy housing (25%).
And are given less responsibility which would allow them to build leadership experience
Running a meeting at work is a relatively low bar for providing employees with leadership experience — a prerequisite for an executive position — but our data suggest that Asian Americans are significantly disadvantaged, even in this simple endeavor. Only 51% of Asian American employees indicated that they had led a meeting at work, compared with 68% of white employees.

@Greoric

We're getting way off topic here talking about Asians but suffice to say the situation there is more complicated then you're letting on and Asians are not as happy to be used as the "model minority", to beat other races over the head with, as you might think and I say this as an Asian.

@Greoric

We're getting way off topic here talking about Asians but suffice to say the situation there is more complicated then you're letting on and Asians are not as happy to be used as the "model minority", to beat other races over the head with, as you might think and I say this as an Asian.

Asians themselves perceive discrimination in consideration for promotions:

And are given less responsibility which would allow them to build leadership experience

Yeah, subjective perception of discrimination doesn't really mean fuck all in our current social climate. You'd have a case back in the 60's, but everyone and their gay lover claims that they're discriminated against, which includes white males.

So yeah, the fact that they're under represented in managerial positions could just as easily be a cultural phenomenon. In fact, its more likely the scenario, considering if there were systemic racism against Asians, then they wouldn't' be allowed to earn more than whites on average in the first place. Its a convenient place to set up a point where racism starts happening for Asians, but its completely different for every other race.

Bottom line, as I wrote with the follow up, its as easy for you to claim sexism with the prison population between men and women given the fact that there's just a disparity.

@Kafir-kun I'll give you the last word, but on the other end it seems a little too convenient that the ranking of average income levels also correlates with the ranking of average population IQ. Namely, Asians at the top, Indians, whites in the middle, then Hispanics, then AAs. The same correlation also happens to pan out with respect to violent crime statistics and IQ....

Back