Teddy Atlas was terrible tonight

Whoever it was that was with Joe Tessitore and Teddy Atlas Mark something kept trying to argue with Teddy Atlas during the whole broadcast. Teddy Atlas is losing it man he kept on fighting with Mark the whole time like a kid man. It was a bad look for ESPN who is supposed to be the leader of sports. I felt bad for Joe Tessitore as I do enjoy his commentary, but he was a mediator between Teddy and Mark. Horrible announcing, it sounded like Mark was trying to prod and pick at everything Teddy was saying and Teddy was crying.

I never heard of the guy before, but he's an idiot and he's full of shit so I hope they get rid of him.

Fat chance. He's basically been an ESPN staple for decades now, even when ESPN got out of the boxing game a couple years ago he was still around. I do think he's fuckin awful though.

Boxing fans have a belief that they know more than everyone involved with the sport.
Shut up Teddy knows more than all of you.

It has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge. Teddy knows the sport, that's not the point. Knowing the sport doesn't mean you're a good commentator. If that were the case, Ward and Kevin Kelly would be considered good commentators. Except they aren't.

It has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge. Teddy knows the sport, that's not the point. Knowing the sport doesn't mean you're a good commentator. If that were the case, Ward and Kevin Kelly would be considered good commentators. Except they aren't.
Jose mourinho was shit at football and is one of the best managers in the world. Talking shit loudly with a Boston accent isn't your ticket to being knowledgable. He picks fights beforehand and commentates on what he wants to see. If you can't see that and your only defence is teddy knows more than all of you because of reasons then you don't understand what makes a good trainer/coach/commentator.

Jose mourinho was shit at football and is one of the best managers in the world. Talking shit loudly with a Boston accent isn't your ticket to being knowledgable. He picks fights beforehand and commentates on what he wants to see. If you can't see that and your only defence is teddy knows more than all of you because of reasons then you don't understand what makes a good trainer/coach/commentator.

Given Teddy's history with the sport, I'm inclined to believe he knows at least a fair-bit about it. But that doesn't mean he doesn't let other bias's get in the way of his commentating.

Given Teddy's history with the sport, I'm inclined to believe he knows at least a fair-bit about it. But that doesn't mean he doesn't let other bias's get in the way of his commentating.
Teddy obviously knows a lot about boxing, he is a bad commentator and it shows when he says what the gameplan should be and then slobbers over that boxer for the whole fight ignoring what happens in front of him.

Nfl people have proved your passing game gets the lead and the running game eats the clock.

People still go on about running to win.

Teddy obviously knows a lot about boxing, he is a bad commentator and it shows when he says what the gameplan should be and then slobbers over that boxer for the whole fight ignoring what happens in front of him.

Nfl people have proved your passing game gets the lead and the running game eats the clock.

People still go on about running to win.

Poor punting. No one ever talks about punting.

Teddys a goob, I like em lol

Boxing fans have a belief that they know more than everyone involved with the sport.
If that were what it took to make a great commentator then George Foreman and Lennox Lewis would have been awesome color guys.

Charisma is what Teddy lacks. He's painful to listen to- he literally sounds like he's retarded, his metaphors are clunky and weird, he disrespectful to fighters he doesn't like, he likes promoting conspiracies (pacquiao emails, shady judges etc).

I'm telling you, I think more fans walk away from the sport over Teddy than are attracted to it because of him.

If that were what it took to make a great commentator then George Foreman and Lennox Lewis would have been awesome color guys.

Charisma is what Teddy lacks. He's painful to listen to- he literally sounds like he's retarded, his metaphors are clunky and weird, he disrespectful to fighters he doesn't like, he likes promoting conspiracies (pacquiao emails, shady judges etc).

I'm telling you, I think more fans walk away from the sport over Teddy than are attracted to it because of him.
He's past his expiration date. They should make a mock studio somewhere and let dan and teddy think they're a new commentary team. Then release predator in the woods near them.

Rarely poke my head into the boxing forum but came here just to see if this was being talked about.

I was just waiting for one of the other commentators to straight up say, "Hey Teddy, why don't you stop being an asshole?"

It wasn't that he just had a bad night it was that he was disrespectful as hell to everyone from the fighters to his own colleagues.

Is that why most of his major fight picks are shit and he gets it wrong and then blames everything but his pick when he loses?

It is not difficult to pick winners on ESPN when it's all showcase fights and no hope cans against legit fighters.

Anyone can have a great amount of boxing knowledge and still be a fucking idiot. His scorecards and very often pure shit. He is too busy arguing and making ridiculous comparisons to even watch the fights he's scoring.

Yelling doesn't mean you're right. Knowledge doesn't make you smart. Atlas is a fucking can.

Teddy is an embarrassment to boxing. All he does is shit on ESPN's own cards and play the biased clown creating controversy where there is none.

Atalas and letterman are teaching kids how to incorrectly score fights. and there are a LOT of people on this forum that have the same scorecards as harold when he has an extremly off night. Atlas has his moments I'd say last night he came off as a jack ass and unprofessional. he could have said so much more about the dull and boring fight. it made the fight more boring than it needed to be.

I like Teddy, good for Mark to press his buttons though!

Atalas and letterman are teaching kids how to incorrectly score fights. and there are a LOT of people on this forum that have the same scorecards as harold when he has an extremly off night. Atlas has his moments I'd say last night he came off as a jack ass and unprofessional. he could have said so much more about the dull and boring fight. it made the fight more boring than it needed to be.
I've said that too. Lederman especially misleads fans on how to score fights.

As someone else said earlier Teddy makes picks on ESPN level mismatches, he's not the wizard he pretends to be.

Pac vs bradley
and kovalev vs ward 1/2 are examples of horrible Letterman cards.

I even had pac winning the first Bradley fight but I saw it as close and competitive Bradley won at least 4 rounds clear.
Ward vs Kovalev I felt ward won despite being down a lot early. I hate the whole scoring rounds based on what happened in previous rounds mentality. "ward went down and he had to do a lot to win the next round" winning a SEMI-close but clear round isnt enough?
Ward vs Kovalev 2.. Harold basically had it a shutout for Kovalev who was hit low once after he had already gave up.

I thought Ward was winning the second fight fairly easily. and I thought the first Kovalev ward fight was for ward but it ended up being closer on the cards than I thought because of how far behind ward was early. but you could make a case and a very easy case that ward won 5 of the last 6. because.. he won 5 of the last 6.

Back