Teddy Atlas was terrible tonight

Pac vs bradley
and kovalev vs ward 1/2 are examples of horrible Letterman cards.

I even had pac winning the first Bradley fight but I saw it as close and competitive Bradley won at least 4 rounds clear.
Ward vs Kovalev I felt ward won despite being down a lot early. I hate the whole scoring rounds based on what happened in previous rounds mentality. "ward went down and he had to do a lot to win the next round" winning a SEMI-close but clear round isnt enough?
Ward vs Kovalev 2.. Harold basically had it a shutout for Kovalev who was hit low once after he had already gave up.

I thought Ward was winning the second fight fairly easily. and I thought the first Kovalev ward fight was for ward but it ended up being closer on the cards than I thought because of how far behind ward was early. but you could make a case and a very easy case that ward won 5 of the last 6. because.. he won 5 of the last 6.
Actually he decided Bradley won the Pac fight once he started training him.

If that were what it took to make a great commentator then George Foreman and Lennox Lewis would have been awesome color guys.

Charisma is what Teddy lacks. He's painful to listen to- he literally sounds like he's retarded, his metaphors are clunky and weird, he disrespectful to fighters he doesn't like, he likes promoting conspiracies (pacquiao emails, shady judges etc).

I'm telling you, I think more fans walk away from the sport over Teddy than are attracted to it because of him.
the dude also holds grudges for like, no reason. He's spent a huge part of his career tearing down Pac, Donaire, the Klitschko brothers and tons of other fighters. He's just a weird guy.

@BusterKeaton actually scores fights on their merit, not some guy kicked ass for three rounds and then gassed and sucked for 9.

It’s very easy to retire as an athlete and gain respect because you’ve been there. It’s also very easy with statistics to see which analysts aren’t good.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Most people are judging the fights here because they like the sport.if you start talking about heart, boxrec, Bert sugar said so or teddy atlas had to call the waahmbulance then watch harder. The people who are watching shitty midweek cards are commenting unbiasedly and will actually know tells and techniques. Wankshafts saying some prick on YouTube scored it a shut out are not normally anything to listen to.

Missing fights and assuming on boxrec is what a lot of people do. a SD win for a guy you dont like automaticly counts as a BS win without you watching it. Kovalevs fan base is charlie z style where kovalev hasnt lost yet. ;)

the old days of epic FNFs is long gone sadly.
he and Tess were at their best.
Teddy's just a shadow of his former self.
Too much 'water in the basement' no doubt.

Missing fights and assuming on boxrec is what a lot of people do. a SD win for a guy you dont like automaticly counts as a BS win without you watching it. Kovalevs fan base is charlie z style where kovalev hasnt lost yet. ;)

Still stuck on Kovalev? That can't be healthy.

We got to hear about the ocean and the log again. That was almost cool. The rest was mostly bickering. Beterbiev had a plan that he should've told the commentators about prior to the fight. The Bobfather's face was probably bright red by the 7th or 8th round unless he was clued in on it beforehand.

Atlas analogies are like earmuffs. You keep your hands at your ears during a rainstorm, and you cant hold your umbrella. The winds are battering you all over the place, so bad you forget your ABCs, so you cant write very well, in the storm, that is.

Back