Teddy Atlas was terrible tonight

blah_blah619

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm biased because I usually think Atlas is a terrible commentator but man tonight he reached new lows. From constantly confusing replays, to attacking other commentators, I really couldn't stand him tonight.

i never care for him. he picks his guy for the night and rolls with him no matter what. didnt see him tonight though. i didnt realize he was done giving manny fellatio from his last fight

I only watched a few rounds of the Beterbiev fight, but basically all he did was shit on the German fighter and the other commentator (who admittedly also sounded awful). Atlas is always awful but he does provide some amusing moments from time to time.

We got to hear about the ocean and the log again. That was almost cool. The rest was mostly bickering. Beterbiev had a plan that he should've told the commentators about prior to the fight. The Bobfather's face was probably bright red by the 7th or 8th round unless he was clued in on it beforehand.

I'm biased because I usually think Atlas is a terrible commentator but man tonight he reached new lows. From constantly confusing replays, to attacking other commentators, I really couldn't stand him tonight.
I never heard of the guy before, but he's an idiot and he's full of shit so I hope they get rid of him.

the other commentators on the same broadcast, or on different networks?

Like JayE said, I only saw a few rounds of the BetterBeater fight, and it was so cringe worthy that I changed it to HBO and Football, and did not go back to ESPN. The shit abnout the German dude regretting these minutes for years, vs betterbeater not going for the KO was so tiring, and that was all he was saying the 4-5 times I turned it to the channel. So awful.

I'm not gonna lie, whenever I would fire up Fight Night Champions on my PS3 (probably a couple of years ago now), I liked hearing him do colour commentary on the bouts.

Atlas is a joke.

He picks a fighter before the fight starts and spends the entire fight pointing out anything that he thinks backs up his choice. He doesn't score rounds at all he just gives them to his original pick. Everything is predetermined for him and he gets heated when anyone goes against his pick whether it's another commentator or a fighter's corner or the ref himself.

Tonight was especially awful with him telling the other guy to stop talking and avoiding decent questions and lying about what the other guy said to try and prove a point. Juts like when he was a trainer he has a magical ability to make EVERYTHING about him. No one wants to hear about your fucking wife or how out of touch you are with technology or how your daughter says this or your grandkids do this. It's fucking boxing you old shit!

His whole focus on every fight is saying "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" as many times as he can.

Boxing fans have a belief that they know more than everyone involved with the sport.
Shut up Teddy knows more than all of you.

Stephen A Smith? Ok.
Fire off on him but Teddy?
I don't know. I think he's earned enough respect to be able to make dumb anecdotal stories.

Hes always terrible.

Is he having a midlife crisis? He kept getting argumentative and contrarian with his other commentators. Why was he so angry last night? I didnt like it, I prefer hbo and showtime commentary, espn last night was atlas basically fighting with his team.

Atlas is entertaining because he's terrible. It's even better that he takes him self so serious.

Thats how he is every time he commentates. The guy is total garbage and drives fans away from the sport every time he opens his mouth.

He really got exposed as the prick he is last night too, getting all pissy with that guy that was guest commentating. ESPN should drop his dumb ass.

Is he having a midlife crisis? He kept getting argumentative and contrarian with his other commentators. Why was he so angry last night? I didnt like it, I prefer hbo and showtime commentary, espn last night was atlas basically fighting with his team.
You can tell that he's used to being surrounded by subordinates and yes men. The guy goes into total meltdown whenever something disagrees with his sensibilities.

You can tell that he's used to being surrounded by subordinates and yes men. The guy goes into total meltdown whenever something disagrees with his sensibilities.

He almost gets mad if you disagree, and gives you a death stare. Who was that new guy, i wouldnt be surprised if atlas will ask higher ups to either fire the new guy or he won't work a show again, they might put the new guy at the in studio desk down the line. Atlas was seriously mad.

I like Teddy. He makes a good team with Tessitore

Back