TBE Floyd calls Golovkin "Triple L"

Floyd fighting ANY Middleweight would be the biggest challenge of his career. Hes a guy that started his career 6 weight classes lower. Thats just dumb. You guys act like GGG is some kind of boogeyman. Its not about his punching power, its about asking a guy to fight someone that would be 30lbs heavier than him on fight night, in order to earn your respect as one of the greatest that finally challenged himself. GGG isnt that special, and being 35 already he doesnt have enough time to even be considered one of the best MWs ever. Sure he's a dangerous puncher, but nothing legendary. Beating him doesnt do anything for Mayweather's legacy.

Im still trying to figure out what your point was on the "underdog" issue.
The point is cherry picking. If you take fights you're supposed to win it's not much of a challenge is it? Even fights against Khan or Margarito would have been interesting.

Speaking of Margarito, Manny did fight him, and gave up the same size advantage Floyd would to GGG. Robinson fought Maxim trying for the LHW title. Yeah it would be a challenge but not the 30 pound difference you're claiming.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, Floyd retired so there won't be any more fights. You're free to think he's TBE but don't be surprised if others don't.

Hah....But you refer to favorite or underdog and the only way we can go off that is from real oddsmaker predictions. And GGG would be the betting underdog with the oddsmakers against Floyd regardless. So is that a criteria youve chosen to use or not? Sure, GGG would be a challenge for Floyd, but so have other fighters been that Floyd was the betting favorite, just like GGG would be, the betting underdog. So whats your point in bringing up underdog vs favorite. Any other judgement of underdog cant be considered, let the pros determine that.
Vegas odds are for inducing action. You can try all the verbal gymnastics you want but there were tougher fights he could have taken and he would have gotten more credit for winning. If he fought GGG, or even Brook at WW, they would have been more significant wins than the Berto or Maidana fights he ended his career on.

Now you KNOW it wouldn't be at 160. 155 and a rehydration clause. Under those circumstances he would.:D
155 and rehydration clause? What happened to that 30 pound advantage you were arguing a few posts ago?

I

The point is cherry picking. If you take fights you're supposed to win it's not much of a challenge is it? Even fights against Khan or Margarito would have been interesting.

Speaking of Margarito, Manny did fight him, and gave up the same size advantage Floyd would to GGG. Robinson fought Maxim trying for the LHW title. Yeah it would be a challenge but not the 30 pound difference you're claiming.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, Floyd retired so there won't be any more fights. You're free to think he's TBE but don't be surprised if others don't.
Never said I thought he was the best ever... I said he's been challenged plenty. Doesnt really have much else to prove. GGG or Kell Brook wouldnt have changed that. Take one guy he's fought and beat and interchange them with either guy you mentioned , it doesnt really matter, there will always be an excuse that he ducked this guy or cherry picked that guy.

Floyd gave Castillo an immediate rematch. Golovkin is chasing Saunders.

Floyd gave Castillo an immediate rematch after Arum twisted his arm. Their rift started then. Golovkin wants to become the undisputed champion and Saunders holds the last alphabet world title. Saunders is the one that just called him out. If you have to go all the way back to a Castillo rematch for Floyd to get props from his detractors then that's sad (on your part).

Floyd gave Castillo an immediate rematch. Golovkin is chasing Saunders.

floyd claimed to have tore his rotator cuff before the first castillo fight and was his reasoning for why the fight was so close and the immediate rematch

again, i really dont think that you follow too much boxing for some of the stuff that you post here.

floyd claimed to have tore his rotator cuff before the first castillo fight and was his reasoning for why the fight was so close and the immediate rematch

again, i really dont think that you follow too much boxing for some of the stuff that you post here.
lol, I'm aware of that and your post was not a response to mine at all. Feel free to use the search function, we've discussed Floyds shoulder before. It came up after the Pac fight.

Again, you fail.

lol, I'm aware of that and your post was not a response to mine at all. Feel free to use the search function, we've discussed Floyds shoulder before. It came up after the Pac fight.

Again, you fail.

fail?

you are having a problem with golovkin wanting to fight saunders next, whereas gennady has said on numerous occasions probably going back two years that unifying and holding all the belts was his goal, and now you are disparagingly talking about gennady and his desire not to give jacobs an immediate rematch and that floyd gave castillo one when floyd claimed a torn rotator cuff before the fight

again, you fail

you are so transparant...blatantly obvious at times

you hate manny pacquioa and gennady golovkin

You only started watching boxing about 5 years ago right? Go check the names on Floyd resume (on Wikipedia) then comeback and talk about cherry picking. Don't get blind by all the 49 greens you're going to see.

You only started watching boxing about 5 years ago right? Go check the names on Floyd resume (on Wikipedia) then comeback and talk about cherry picking. Don't get blind by all the 49 greens you're going to see.
No, but I can see why you say that, I'm talking more about the second half of his career. He has big names on his record that can be somewhat decieving as far as how big an accomplishment those wins were. A guy like JMM, as an example, was at a big size disadvantage in that fight.

He probably could have.
But, how many times does he have to move up? He's been moving up since 2002 and Beating the Champions of those divisions since Super Featherweight. Everytime a guy moves up into a new weight class and fights the Champion of that new weight class immediately, is that not taking chances? And how does fighting GGG at MW become a better victory than Manny Pacquiao, or anyone else Floyd has beaten? The insurmountable odds of beating a guy that would come in the ring weighing a good 30-40 lbs more than him? That's absurd.
The fact of the matter is Floyd was SO good that him vs. GGG was being seriously entertained as a possible fight for him. People want to know how good the greatest really are. Floyd always seemed to be fighting within himself, a fact born out by him beating everyone (comfortably) that he ever fought. Many of us wanted to see if he could do something amazing and that would have been to beat GGG.

The fact of the matter is Floyd was SO good that him vs. GGG was being seriously entertained as a possible fight for him. People want to know how good the greatest really are. Floyd always seemed to be fighting within himself, a fact born out by him beating everyone (comfortably) that he ever fought. Many of us wanted to see if he could do something amazing and that would have been to beat GGG.
i disagree there wouldve been new excuses to discount the guy.
You realize his 6 toughest fights hes had in the last 10 years, half of those he won by only a split or majority decision, right? Sounds like hes been tested... Floyd is unanimously better than GGG. Its never been about GGG being the boogeyman. Its asking the guy to fight ANY Middleweight, much less arguably the best MW and being at such a size disadvantage. Where does it stop? Why didnt Manny go to MW, or B-Hop go to Heavyweight? Those guys get a pass but Maywesther doesnt?

sounds like some people are giving floyd mayweather credit for entertaining a possible fight with golovkin without even having to fight him

thats funny

back in my day, a guy would actually have to move up in weight and fight to get credit like when roy jones jr moved from light heavyweight to fight hw john ruiz, a guy who had already arguably drew 36 rounds with evander holyfield, hopkins moving up two weight classes to fight antonio tarver and pac moving up two division to fight dlh.

sounds like some people are giving floyd mayweather credit for entertaining a possible fight with golovkin without even having to fight him

thats funny

back in my day, a guy would actually have to move up in weight and fight to get credit like when roy jones jr moved from light heavyweight to fight hw john ruiz, a guy who had already arguably drew 36 rounds with evander holyfield, hopkins moving up two weight classes to fight antonio tarver and pac moving up two division to fight dlh.
Floyd never moved up in weight, that's why he's a 5 weight world champ, wait what?

i disagree there wouldve been new excuses to discount the guy.
You realize his 6 toughest fights hes had in the last 10 years, half of those he won by only a split or majority decision, right? Sounds like hes been tested... Floyd is unanimously better than GGG. Its never been about GGG being the boogeyman. Its asking the guy to fight ANY Middleweight, much less arguably the best MW and being at such a size disadvantage. Where does it stop? Why didnt Manny go to MW, or B-Hop go to Heavyweight? Those guys get a pass but Maywesther doesnt?
How does Manny get a pass? He made a career out of fighting bigger men...

Back