TBE Floyd calls Golovkin "Triple L"

i disagree there wouldve been new excuses to discount the guy.
You realize his 6 toughest fights hes had in the last 10 years, half of those he won by only a split or majority decision, right? Sounds like hes been tested... Floyd is unanimously better than GGG. Its never been about GGG being the boogeyman. Its asking the guy to fight ANY Middleweight, much less arguably the best MW and being at such a size disadvantage. Where does it stop? Why didnt Manny go to MW, or B-Hop go to Heavyweight? Those guys get a pass but Maywesther doesnt?

It's not whether Mayweather gets a pass, at least not to me it's about seeing what the mans limits actually are. To do that he got's to fight someone who going to have an advantage over him like GGG would. He doesn't have to fight anyone he doesn't want to, which he hasn't. And he's now sailing off in the sunset with 49-0. Fair play to him but it still would have been nice to know where his skills couldn't overcome the advantage of size and power.

And he comfortably won all his fights. He won clear majority decisions in all but the Canelo and the Maidana fight which by some judge scored the fights a draw. But anyone who watched those fights know he won pretty easily. Maidana gave him a bit of a test but it was still pretty easy for Floyd.

So you're shitting on him for not jumping from junior welter to junior middle. Agenda much?

So you're shitting on him for not jumping from junior welter to junior middle. Agenda much?

so now im shitting on floyd because i said that he shouldnt receive credit for a hypothetical fight with golovkin at 160 and mentioning that there was a time when he supposedly called out winnky at 154 and the fight was never made?

thats shitting on a fighter?

thats as retarded as people thinking that im a golovkin fanboy because i thought that the golvkin/jacobs decision couldve gone either way, referencing jones jr as thinking the same and me actually having bet on jacobs at +800 in between rounds four and five because i did not feel that danny was adversely affected physically by the kd

i have never once said that i believed golovkin won...only insinuated that it is retarded to think that jacobs was "robbed" when danny himself appears to believe that he wouldve been okay with a draw.

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/20...s-lost-battle-vs-triple-g-might-have-won-war/

Blah blah blah boxing scene link, I wonder why you post here.

Blah blah blah boxing scene link, I wonder why you post here.

i believe its a usa today link and i dont know why anyone would have an issue with boxingscene

like most everyone else that bets on boxing i check it everyday befoere placing a bet

i believe its a usa today link and i dont know why anyone would have an issue with boxingscene

like most everyone else that bets on boxing i check it everyday befoere placing a bet
You go girl.

How does Manny get a pass? He made a career out of fighting bigger men...
And so did Floyd. How many times has Floyd beaten guys he was coming up in weight class to fight? Basically every first belt he's won his whole career. All the way up to JMW. But those others guys (like Manny) don't get expected to fight a guy 8-9 weight classes higher than when he started boxing. He does get a pass because he isn't being criticized because he didn't fight Sergio Martinez or Lara or Canelo or GGG, now is he? That's called getting a pass.

Vegas odds are for inducing action. You can try all the verbal gymnastics you want but there were tougher fights he could have taken and he would have gotten more credit for winning. If he fought GGG, or even Brook at WW, they would have been more significant wins than the Berto or Maidana fights he ended his career on.
Hmmm, fighting Brook or Cotto at welterweight....Fighting Canelo at JMW...GGG had never been on the Radar during that time. Fighting De La Hoya or Margarito? Hmmmm. Fighting Pacquiao or who else? again the GGG argument is stupid. GGG doesnt make or break the guys career accomplishments. And asking any other small Welterweight to fight ANY natural Middleweight is pretty dumb. Im not going in circles with you any longer. I wouldnt expect Manny to fight GGG, so why should we hold that iron over Floyd? And Manny even has a better resume than Floyd. Theoretically he SHOULD be a guy in the discussion for GGG too....But like I said, he gets a pass, and thats fine. Fighting a MW is stupid for either guy.

It's not whether Mayweather gets a pass, at least not to me it's about seeing what the mans limits actually are. To do that he got's to fight someone who going to have an advantage over him like GGG would. He doesn't have to fight anyone he doesn't want to, which he hasn't. And he's now sailing off in the sunset with 49-0. Fair play to him but it still would have been nice to know where his skills couldn't overcome the advantage of size and power.

And he comfortably won all his fights. He won clear majority decisions in all but the Canelo and the Maidana fight which by some judge scored the fights a draw. But anyone who watched those fights know he won pretty easily. Maidana gave him a bit of a test but it was still pretty easy for Floyd.
Why would anyone reasonably go into a fight where the opponent has an advantage over them like GGG would, as you say ? The object is to win, and not take on unjust damage. Here we go with the ol "he's gotta get his ass kicked and still pull it out" argument. If you need to see him tested at or beyond his limits, might as well ask him to fight a Heavyweight. He won his fights in the fashion he did because he's been a great boxer. I understand what you're trying to say, but I just think the whole idea is pretty stupid. How far do you guys expect him to go to be "tested"? When will you be satisfied?

1. Jealousy. Fans love GGG more than they ever loved Floyd because he doesn't fight scared. Or schedule fights scared. 2. Legacy. GGG has a chance to get to 50-0. 3. Legacy pt 2. Wants Canelo to look as good as possible so that win looks better. 4. Fear. Floyd would never fight GGG even though the difference in size is similar to the difference in size between GGG and Jacobs.

This is really strange ,no they don't ,Floyd fights scared ? Are you joking? I stopped reading after that. This is just Floyd being Floyd

Last edited:
Not going to claim that Floyd is making these comments because he is 'ducking' GGG. As a rule though your just better off keeping your mouth shut instead of blasting other fighters when you're a 49-0 world champion trying to set up a money fight against someone who is 0-0.

And so did Floyd. How many times has Floyd beaten guys he was coming up in weight class to fight? Basically every first belt he's won his whole career. All the way up to JMW. But those others guys (like Manny) don't get expected to fight a guy 8-9 weight classes higher than when he started boxing. He does get a pass because he isn't being criticized because he didn't fight Sergio Martinez or Lara or Canelo or GGG, now is he? That's called getting a pass.
No it isn't. Manny fighting Margarito is the equivalent of Floyd fighting GGG. Floyd not being a large WW is not the same as Pac having a LW frame fighting at WW.

Hmmm, fighting Brook or Cotto at welterweight....Fighting Canelo at JMW...GGG had never been on the Radar during that time. Fighting De La Hoya or Margarito? Hmmmm. Fighting Pacquiao or who else? again the GGG argument is stupid. GGG doesnt make or break the guys career accomplishments. And asking any other small Welterweight to fight ANY natural Middleweight is pretty dumb. Im not going in circles with you any longer. I wouldnt expect Manny to fight GGG, so why should we hold that iron over Floyd? And Manny even has a better resume than Floyd. Theoretically he SHOULD be a guy in the discussion for GGG too....But like I said, he gets a pass, and thats fine. Fighting a MW is stupid for either guy.
Nope... :D

No it isn't. Manny fighting Margarito is the equivalent of Floyd fighting GGG. Floyd not being a large WW is not the same as Pac having a LW frame fighting at WW.
Margarito was a MW champion when they fought?

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say it'd be like Floyd fighting Jermall in terms of size difference

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say it'd be like Floyd fighting Jermall in terms of size difference
I don't think I agree with you but it's still a bigger disparity than anyone Floyd fought. Floyd was so dehydrated for the Manny fight that he needed an emergency IV but his fans still say he barely makes the WW limit and doesn't put any weight on. Do you agree that he's at least a weight class bigger than Manny?

I don't think I agree with you but it's still a bigger disparity than anyone Floyd fought. Floyd was so dehydrated for the Manny fight that he needed an emergency IV but his fans still say he barely makes the WW limit and doesn't put any weight on. Do you agree that he's at least a weight class bigger than Manny?
oh definitely. Margarito was a lot bigger and htat was always one of my favorite Manny performances. I just think you got the weight difference approximations a bit wrong, but no biggie.

Back