....talks about Bruce Lee.

I've heard those sorts of stories, without more evidence, I'd think they might be some sort of hypnosis. I knew a guy who insisted that someone used his chi to propel him back. Seemed like a good man, honest guy, but I think he may have convinced himself, that's how fanatical he was.

For sure that is possible. I once had a bit of a crazy experience in yoga/meditation. The thing is though, someone can have a supernatural experience but if its not repeatable and under control, then to me, its more of a phenomena than a power.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these mystical martial artist do indeed experience something extraordinary but their ego assumes its not under their complete command and they think they are now a wielder of great power.

But yeah maybe these guys are not bad people but that their imagination of something impressive turned their experience in to more than what it was. This could be it as oppose to a scam artist working their deception.

For sure that is possible. I once had a bit of a crazy experience in yoga/meditation. The thing is though, someone can have a supernatural experience but if its not repeatable and under control, then to me, its more of a phenomena than a power.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these mystical martial artist do indeed experience something extraordinary but their ego assumes its not under their complete command and they think they are now a wielder of great power.

But yeah maybe these guys are not bad people but that their imagination of something impressive turned their experience in to more than what it was. This could be it as oppose to a scam artist working their deception.
I thought I floated above my bed once, but I was not in a state where I would know, i was in some sort of sleeplike state. I'll never know if I did or not but I think it's more likely i was in a lucid dream state.

The guy I knew was a good, nice guy but he was not what I'd call balanced, he'd come over from europe to see my Martial arts teacher, a couple times a year, spend most of his yearly earnings on it, and he was a nice guy but fanatical, as that kind of thing would illustate. I wouldn't call him a normal, average person. Hate to say it because out of the many folks who came to visit my teacher, he was about the nicest fellow of them all. He's still fanatical from what I see of his posts, the kind of fanatical that has no nuance, my martial arts teacher was everything to him, could do no wrong and anyone parting ways was the devil. That's not the way to be.

Nah. Musashi has a conservative kill count of 17 in 60 duels which he all won. Not pretend fights. A proponent of cross training and practicality in which he actually applied and not just hypothesized. Some of Bruce Lee's famous quotes are eerily similar to Musashi's. I'm not saying Bruce plagiarized the book of five rings but Musashi did it first.

quote-water-adopts-the-shape-of-its-receptacle-it-is-sometimes-a-trickle-and-sometimes-a-wild-miyamoto-musashi-117-75-24.jpg

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

“Do nothing that is of no use”
― Musashi Miyamoto, Book of Five Rings

“You can only fight the way you practice”

“To know ten thousand things, know one well”
I agree with you, Musashi is an OG! But my point still stands, Bruce was more of a philosopher than anything.

Back