....talks about Bruce Lee.

Great martial art pioneer and philosopher. Also extremely charasmatic action star, but I feel like most people downplay the first part and exaggerate the second part like he is an invincible fighter.

Great martial art pioneer and philosopher. Also extremely charasmatic action star, but I feel like most people downplay the first part and exaggerate the second part like he is an invincible fighter.

Well said, he's human and has his weaknesses. But I think he would have done alright at his weight class if he fought in MMA.

Bruce Lee was a great role model. Preached the right ideas and inspired many to take up martial arts and better themselves. He also had great work ethic and trained super hard to achieve his results.

Great speaker as well:

I personally don't care if he was the best fighter or not. At the end of the day, his thoughts and ideas were valid.

Jackie Chan wins every round and makes Bruce Lee go into romcoms.
You could argue I spose though that Jackie really only rose to prominence when the trend for Kung Fu films which took themselves 100% straight started to lose populairty in the late 70's and early 80's plus of course Jackies style was in part based on mixing action with romcom in the 80's.

That would potentially be quite a few years after Bruce's death plus of course when Lee was alive he only really did one film you could call typical period set Kung Fu in Fist of Fury and even that was pushing towards the present day.

I do think Bruce obviously had a load of charisma as well which would probably have served him well outside of purely Kung Fu films.

You could argue I spose though that Jackie really only rose to prominence when the trend for Kung Fu films which took themselves 100% straight started to lose populairty in the late 70's and early 80's plus of course Jackies style was in part based on mixing action with romcom in the 80's.

That would potentially be quite a few years after Bruce's death plus of course when Lee was alive he only really did one film you could call typical period set Kung Fu in Fist of Fury and even that was pushing towards the present day.

I do think Bruce obviously had a load of charisma as well which would probably have served him well outside of purely Kung Fu films.
Drunken Master II - Wikipedia

30-27 that is all there is to it sherbro.

View attachment 1035070

30-27 that is all there is to it sherbro.
I do tend to think Jackie would still have risen to prominence as his films are not merely stand ins for Lees, at least after his early career and I think probably even that you would still have had a desire for "Bruce Clones" even if he were alive, could only make so many films and would likely spend a good deal of time in Hollywood.

The fast twitch head kick would have gotten at least a few 5 second KO's.

This dude has legitimate background military and judo/karate. While his background is respectable, I do believe he is kind of hating on Bruce here because Bruce does have a legendary status but with little to no combat experience.

That said, it seems like he does have a bit of resentment towards Kung Fu because it seems like he got handled by Wang Shujin who is a karate hating Kung Fu master.

he was 165 before cutting to 136. Also, in his era, there were no weight classes.

no he wasn't, his own wife scoffed at any mention of him ever being over 145. I've seen photos of him looking soft and slightly flabby, don't know what the reason for that was but he wasn't 165 pounds.

And his weight went as low as 120 apparently, when he was doing coke. His weight at the time of death was, I believe 127 but he'd recently been at least down to the lower 20's. I think it's most likely that the drugs killed him but still not entirely sure.

This dude has legitimate background military and judo/karate. While his background is respectable, I do believe he is kind of hating on Bruce here because Bruce does have a legendary status but with little to no combat experience.

That said, it seems like he does have a bit of resentment towards Kung Fu because it seems like he got handled by Wang Shujin who is a karate hating Kung Fu master.
they all do, you can't listen to other fighters of his time. I've been around fighters a long time, they don't compliment each other as a rule.

Back