Tales of Thailand

When i went to Thailand i had this awesome trainer who was an orphan raised by a monastary. He was real good, he showed me an old vhs of him losing a close decision to Jomhod. You find high level guys like that everywhere in Thailand.

Bahahaha f@ck me that trainer sounds familiar

yeh I heard of one like that his father was a foreigner and his mother a bargirl :O

That pic was all he had of his former life.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I met you opening night at new Lumpinee Stadium back in 2014. This thread is ridiculous, btw.

That pic was all he had of his former life.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I met you opening night at new Lumpinee Stadium back in 2014. This thread is ridiculous, btw.
Then feel free to leave.

Just returned from my trip to Thailand. Here are a few pointers. Been to Thailand yearly for almost 2 decades.

-Smile, Smile, Sabai, Sabai, easy , easy, have fun, relax, enjoy the moment.
-You get what you put in, if you show up out of shape, don't expect trainers to take you serious
-trainers can identify if you are there training serious or on a traincation, they usually ask you what you want to do
-tourist gyms are common in tourist cities, don't expect to train too hard here, if you want hard training you have to tell the trainers, they wont just know right away.
-don't get side track, its easy to in Thailand especially in Phuket and pattaya; watch out for lady boy friend
-there is nothing to do in Bangkok except to train and watch fights, don't be surprised if you get burned out quick in this city
-Everyone in tourist areas are trying to hustle, from the tuk tuk taxis, to vendors, trainers, everyone knows you are a tourist and will take advantage of you, know that. You are money bank.
-Its not rude to not say anything to vendors, people will approach you to sell things, just look away and smile
-Get used to the smell, it stinks like sewage almost everywhere
-Get used to women inside men bathrooms, maids will be inside men rooms cleaning while you pee
-Don't wait for traffic to stop for you, just go, if you do you will never cross the street
-Eat good food, but expect to pay in the toilet later, bring some pepto bismo
-You only live once, live for the moment
-If you never do, you never will

Chok Dee--- keep an open mind and embrace the unknown, take the challenge just do it

-there is nothing to do in Bangkok except to train and watch fights, don't be surprised if you get burned out quick in this city

Concerts, great clubs and bars, great food, night markets, shopping, sightseeing, .... and tons of other stuff.

Concerts, great clubs and bars, great food, night markets, shopping, sightseeing, .... and tons of other stuff.
Correct on great food and night markets. Big shopping malls. But that gets old quick, I mean quick about 1 week in. Too many cars and motor bikes in Bangkok. But I got some of the best training there cause there ain't shiat to do, except train. Also Bangkok gyms tend to be more serious because of big stadiums nearby. Nitty gritty training, don't expect to be padded here.

Correct on great food and night markets. Big shopping malls. But that gets old quick, I mean quick about 1 week in. Too many cars and motor bikes in Bangkok.

You probably don't know where to go, that's all. Get some thai friends or inform yourself more.

the best bars & clubs in thailand are 99 % only thais, because farangs are to lazy to search for more then just strip clubs and lowbrow clubs in bangkok. Thailand also has a great rock and edm scene, that is heavily bangkok focused if you're into that.

Last edited:
You probably don't know where to go, that's all. Get some thai friends or inform yourself more.

the best bars & clubs in thailand are 99 % only thais, because farangs are to lazy to search for more then just strip clubs and lowbrow clubs in bangkok. Thailand also has a great rock and edm scene, that is heavily bangkok focused if you're into that.
Meh, meh, been there done that. I like to relax after training

^^^ Hehehe I feel both of you guys. I loved getting out and figuring out where everything was, but also loved to just eat and chill in my room after training. I lived in BKK for a little over a year, it is an amazing place. It's kind of a "it is what you make it" sort of city. I have friends who are working girls who used to joke I knew the city better than they did due to my random explorations. During my time off from training I used to literally just pick a random street and walk it to see what was there. No matter how long you are there, I feel its worth learning the language a bit to be able to explore as much as possible. Some of the best places I found looked like nothing from the outside. Its almost like a city full of random industry "speak easy's" lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back