Tales of Thailand

BigJohn1795

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm just interested in hearing stories from you who have gone to Thailand and trained and fought over there. I love reading posts on Facebook about it. Hopefully one day I can travel there and train and take a fight. What's it like? What do you love about it? What do you hate about it? Do you have pictures to share? What's fighting there like? How hard is it to get a fight? Is communication hard or do they understand/speak English? Like I want to know everything. I've read and watched videos but I still love to hear about it and definitely want to see pictures if anyone has any to share. Hopefully by 2020 I'll be able to go there and fight at least once before I leave.

There are some really extensive MT blogs out there that can give you a ton of information. Good luck.

Do you know what they are or how I go about finding them? I've only found 2 so far.

Well I just googled "muay thai blog" and there were a ton of results. If there is something specific you're looking for you could try different keywords to specialize your search.

The Stand up forum has an 80 page stickied thread on people's experiences at Muay thai gyms in Thailand. Though information gets outdated pretty quickly as trainers and fighters come and go.

The Stand up forum has an 80 page stickied thread on people's experiences at Muay thai gyms in Thailand. Though information gets outdated pretty quickly as trainers and fighters come and go.
Cool I'll go look

I once watched Saenchai fight Nong-O and the decision turned out to be controversial. @anorak was filming the fight but he got furious and threw his camera at Saenchai, while @JayMuaythai was busy trying to find Thongchai for an autograph somewhere in the crowd. Personally i didn't pay much attention to the fights because the place was filled with cat piss. Disgusting.

Last edited:
I once watched Saenchai fight Nong-O and the decision turned out to be controversial. @anorak was filming the fight but he got furious and threw his camera at Saenchai, while @JayMuaythai was busy trying to find Thongchai for an autograph somewhere in the crowd. Personally i didn't pay much attention to the fights because the place was filled with cat piss. Disgusting.
Wow that is nasty. What stadium was that that smelled like cat piss and was nastg? I really don't want to fight there

I appreciate http://www.muaythaischolar.com/ for personal touch and it did answer all my questions about training in Thailand. A number of nice blogs on muay thai have gone offline or have been diffused with random sport/Thailand -related stuff.

Wow that is nasty. What stadium was that that smelled like cat piss and was nastg? I really don't want to fight there
Most stadiums in Thailand tend to have an aroma of cat wee to a certain degree, that along with the wailing banshee type music can make them not for the faint hearted :p

Most stadiums in Thailand tend to have an aroma of cat wee to a certain degree, that along with the wailing banshee type music can make them not for the faint hearted :p
I've never heard the music in person but it doesn't sound to bad. The cat thing can't be healthy or sanitary though. How's the fighter wound care over there? I know fighters get cut and bleed.

I've never heard the music in person but it doesn't sound to bad. The cat thing can't be healthy or sanitary though. How's the fighter wound care over there? I know fighters get cut and bleed.

you're just getting trolled. it's just a running gag on here. :eek:

Oh well that's great..... trying to learn and get trolled.
Some westerners complain about the music and maybe also the smell so i was just being ironic. Obviously nobody threw a camera at Saenchai. New lumpinee stadium won't smell like cat piss at all. Raja and Omnoi perhaps, i don't even remember.

Some westerners complain about the music and maybe also the smell so i was just being ironic. Obviously nobody threw a camera at Saenchai. New lumpinee stadium won't smell like cat piss at all. Raja and Omnoi perhaps, i don't even remember.

lol I didn't figure you threw a camera at him and lived to talk about it. I figure that'd get you jail time for sure, or killed.

But seriously what's the fighter wound care like? Do they take good care of out of country fighters coming from America.

@anorak took me and saiyok to a ping pong show in Patpong a little while back. Had the time of my life. Then he gave me some money to take a tuk tuk back to Kiatphontip while him and saiyok giggled their way into another club filled with very tall women who wore way too much makeup.

@anorak took me and saiyok to a ping pong show in Patpong a little while back. Had the time of my life. Then he gave me some money to take a tuk tuk back to Kiatphontip while him and saiyok giggled their way into another club filled with very tall women who wore way too much makeup.

I'm gonna stay away from the brothels. I'd either catch something or wake up missing my kidney. Lol no thank you. Ping pong is big over there????

When i went to Thailand i had this awesome trainer who was an orphan raised by a monastary. He was real good, he showed me an old vhs of him losing a close decision to Jomhod. You find high level guys like that everywhere in Thailand.

Back