Tai Tuivasa was only paid $20K for his headliner in Adelaide

NekMinnit

The Reapers Era
@Green
Reaction score
Thats crazy low. Yet we get fighters complaining about being paid 10x more than that and still leave because they arent paid enough - even though they couldnt headline a fight to save their life. Hopefully Tai gets more though next time around

Sell more tickets, get more money

Shoey doesn’t cut it

Lmao. I'm one of those guys that say, "No one is forcing them to fight in the UFC." But, holy shit that's bad.

that doesn't make guys like Mousasi, Rory, etc ungrateful it makes Tuivasa a dumb shit.

Where is the proof?
Probably right though...

thats a shame.

didnt blaydes also get paid shit all for his fight with ngannou?

He signed the contract, the UFC can put him anywhere on the card they choose.

MMA fighters should be getting paid more, but you have to prove your worth. Tuivasa hasn't proven anything as of yet.

Helax i am sure the bald bozo gave him a nice little backstage bonus

images

Thats crazy low. Yet we get fighters complaining about being paid 10x more than that and still leave because they arent paid enough - even though they couldnt headline a fight to save their life. Hopefully Tai gets more though next time around

I'm assuming that you're talking about Mighty Mouse. Considering that another promotion is willing to pay him considerably more than what he was getting in the UFC, then he was in fact underpaid.

Seems to be a bit above his market value. UFC is being generous here.

So you're saying a guy who drinks beer out of a shoe doesn't make good business decisions?

<Cage33>

He signed the contract, the UFC can put him anywhere on the card they choose.

MMA fighters should be getting paid more, but you have to prove your worth. Tuivasa hasn't proven anything as of yet.

He's a local Aussie fighter who'd won enough times to make him a viable headliner for a UFC card in his home country. That means that he's proven enough to get paid more than 20/20.

He didn't say no to the pay. I bet if you added up all of his prep for the fight and the fight itself, it would add up to more than 15 bucks an hour. 1333 hours and 20 minutes at 15 bucks an hour. That's 166.6 eight hour days. Take away 76.6 days for trainers, travel, and other things out of pocket and that's still 3 months wages.

So you're saying a guy who drinks beer out of a shoe doesn't make good business decisions?

<Cage33>

Why do you people insist on pretending that it's possible for younger fighters who get stuck with ridiculously low purses to negotiate better deals?

Back