support for immigration reaches record high in America

This thread finally confirmed that Rip is a liberal troll trying to make the right look as intolerant and ignorant as possible and he’s doing an amazing job

In general, I agree with your post.

However, I often find myself at odds with this whole idea of 'obeying a nation's laws' (in regards to immigration) when the US continually disrespects the sovereignty of other nations.

How do you tell a refugee from El Salvador that the US should be respected, and things should be done through proper channels, when we supported an usurpation of rule of law in their country that didn't just result in illegal immigrants (the problem we are facing), but unspeakable violence and butchery?

With our help, their country was turned into an absolute shithole of violence, but now we claim "follow the rules" when the victim's come knocking at our door?

That's like me burning your house down, and then saying "whoa whoa whoa! Wait a minute, don't come barging into MY property".
Understandable, but remember this timeless Axiom:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Donald Trump BTFO!!!

The midterms are going to be a bloodbath unless the Republicans can suppress enough votes.

the media picks a story to cover and in one weeks time the have a handle on the pulse of America

Most of us have the benefit of having our ancestors come here when there were no immigration laws. The way the current immigration policy is set up almost none of us would be here descended from legal immigrants. Trump said he wants the "best and brightest' well I'd like to go to goodwill and find a Monet painting for cheap, sad fact is "best and brightest" are usually doing very well in their home countries so they have little incentive to leave and no one is donating priceless pieces of art, so both Trump and I have unrealistic expectations. Almost all of us here are from ancestors that have come from the undesirable, criminal, indebted, wrong religion, wrong political affiliation or wrong ethnicity. Yet we've risen to be the strongest economy and military nation the world has ever seen. Diversity has helped us, it has created something special in this country.

So yes, they should come here legally, but our immigration laws should be practical and fair. Currently they are not and the way Trump is going he wants to make them even more difficult all the while he's doing this http://www.newsweek.com/trump-gets-...-mar-lago-despite-hire-american-pledge-702295

In regards to the history of our nation's immigration laws:

I'm a 6th generation American Farmer.

I'm a fifth-generation Nebraska Farmer.

I'm a 4th Generation Seed Farmer.

My family was here tending to this land long before the era of income taxes, passports, and every other form of over regulation of the human experience, and we'll still be here when all this madness passes.

Without going too in-depth, a prosperous Nation really can't have open borders if it also has a welfare state. At some point, one of those three (The prosperity, the open borders, or the welfare state) is going to give.

Our nation will return to a more normal immigration policy when we've decided what two out of those three are more important.

The big problem with a lot of these areas like rural Oklahoma is that the people don't leave to find a better situation. Humans for the longest time were a migratory creature, in many respects in every other part of the world there still are those that make the decision "resources are scarce here, things aren't looking good, time to move". Yet we have these communities that have been basically dead economically for years because the major industry that supported them left of closed. They haven't taken steps to find an alternate economic life line, they don't move. It's not like the immigrants are looking to settle in rural Oklahoma and add to the blight, they are going places where the jobs are

Maybe not in the numbers you'd see in a larger city, but they're around in many rural areas or within 30 miles of a large city center.

I have little sympathy for people that sit in their little town complaining about how rough shit is and won't commute to the next town or city for work

I don't care for lazy folks either . . .

but want to bitch about people that travel up to a 1,000 miles through in some case pretty treacherous areas where the women get raped, some of them get robbed or held for ransom to come to a country where they have an educational disadvantage and in most cases don't speak the language. Sorry but we as a nation have quickly become a bunch of whiny pussys if we are bitching about that as "unfair competition".

You took my post as whining about some unfair competition?

I wonder why it didn't specify between legal and illegal.

Understandable, but remember this timeless Axiom:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Very true.

And I'm certainly not advocating for unfettered border access - was more just airing the inconsistencies I struggle with when thinking about refugees and immigrants. To be clear, I'm not directing this complaint at you, I just thought you might have some insight from the Libertarian perspective.

I'm fine with:
  • Christian
  • Hard working
  • Productive
  • Skilled
  • Stand for the Anthem
  • Cheer for the USA and not Mexico
Legal Immigration.

Your kids are gonna end up marrying a non-Christian lazy unproductive and unskilled immigrant who sits for the national anthem and cheers for mexico over the US.

Congratz!

I'm very pro-immigration. My great grandparents were immigrants. My girlfriends an immigrant. I support Trump's immigration policy. Is this strange?

Immigration is fine but we have to mix it up. There are far too many people coming over from the same fuckin region. Central America has been slowly invading us for decades. I don't give a shit if their economies suck. Not our problem. You need to wait in line to get here and there needs to be quotas per region.

Last edited:
Donald Trump BTFO!!!

The midterms are going to be a bloodbath unless the Republicans can suppress enough votes.

Well considering how tamper proof those voting machines you have are....

<6>

Surprised that people think Americans are ok with legal immigration, when in fact, they are really against legal immigration too, especially with IT workers from India and China.

If anyone works in the tech sector, they know some of the best minds come from places in Asia. Most of Amazon's services personal are Filipino and they know their stuff.

Its minor now but eventually we will see a lot of anger toward East Indians.

Your kids are gonna end up marrying a non-Christian lazy unproductive and unskilled immigrant who sits for the national anthem and cheers for mexico over the US.

Congratz!
LOL...I hope not.

http://thehill.com/latino/393401-pe...migration-is-a-good-thing-reaches-record-high

Full article at link.

I guess in the coming weeks we'll see what the fallout is from Trump's child interment camps. I expect polls to show that this incident will wipe out any goodwill gained from the photo op that was the Singapore summit.

lol at the pic in the article.

Number of immigrants and progressives reach record high!

No surprise there.

Diversity is strength!

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ramona-hate-crime-20160707-snap-story.html
Montebello+HS.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Racial segregation in New York City public schools
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/nyc-schools-racial-segregation

America is more diverse than ever before, but its schools are growing more segregated

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-tatum-school-segregation-20170912-story.html

At least have the balls to acknowledge illegal immigration propped up American corporations and industries for decades.

At least have the balls to notice that.

Yes, legal, merit based immigration is good.

You can't honestly expect someone to be a good citizen, if their first foundational act upon a nation's soil is a violation of that nation's laws.
But we invite them here by offering them jobs, so I wouldn't imagine the misdemeanor they commit seems like such a major violation from their point of view. Until we stop being complicit people should get off their high horse.

When the hell did the left stop differentiating between legal immigration and open borders? It's all just "immigration", amirite?

Whoa whoa, racist sexist homophobe xenophobe bigot, you think people should be asked about their criminal history and ability to support themselves before living here? That's alt right white supremacist talk.

Back