Superfly 3X Header | Inoue vs Nieves | SriSaket vs Chocolatito | Cuadras vs Estrada

Holy shit that card. I didn't know about this. Rooting for Chocolatito and Inoue. Not sure who wins between Cuadras and Estrada.

An important night in so many ways.

Gonzalez has to take revenge, and a win isn't a given. He shouldn't stay in front of Srikaset, mix up angles and targets, and keep enough steam for the second half when Srikaset will tire. That's pretty much how @Shoemaker broke it down and I do agree.

Estrada-Cuadras has FOTY written all over it, it may surpass Gonzalez-Sor Rungvisai I. The Gonzalez - Estrada - Cuadras wars should continue afterwards, provided none of them lost a notch.

Inoue's showcase will be crucial as the guy is likely to take over the division. If he looks like a fucking machine I think he'd be too big and strong for Chocolatito, who looked outsized against Cuadras already. Maybe Cuadras can take it to Inoue but I think Chocolatito has hardly any business fighting him.

Thanks for the info.

Agreed about Srisaket. I think I was talking to @Hagler about it in another thread, but I'm not sure what Roman can do to adjust and make the fight clearly in his favor. He'd had to fight a way we've never seen him fight before. I see that being another close action fight, but Sor Rungvisai has more opportunity to improve.
Another thing is that Inoue's original opponent was supposed to be McJoe Arroyo, so he might have to make some adjustments in his camp.

Yeah that's how I see it. I think if Srisaket comes in and shows even a bit of defense, he's going to be huge trouble for Roman. He's just too much of a physical tank.

I've been a fan of lighter weight fighters since... Uh... Carbajal, Arbachakov, Chiquita Gonzalez & Finito (Christ), so seeing a big card with so many top guys fighting on it is so fuckin' amazing for me.

Great night of fights. As people have said, Gonzalez is gonna have to find actual greatness to turn the tables versus Rungvisai, Inoue is the future despite his immense physical talent (speed, preternatural balance, power) leading him to make silly mistakes & Cuadras vs Estrada can't fail to deliver.

But I'll be watching all three, & probably screaming my lungs out.

idk what people are talking about when they say the thai is gonna "adjust". He won the fight via a sea of headbuts obviously prepared in camp.
Roman should bring in some krav maga or systema coaches to prepare for the headbuts.

No sloppy headbuts like Ortiz's, has to be a polished one like Rigo did on his thai opponent.

idk what people are talking about when they say the thai is gonna "adjust".

Er, who said that? I saw where people said Gonzalez had to adjust...

& LOOOOOOOOOOOL at your headbutt comment. The Thai won because he's a double-plus hard bastard with a massive natural size advantage fighting a much naturally smaller guy in his, what, fourth weight class.

I wrote on here before the fight that he was a live 'dog & that SSV was starting to get to Cuadras before the cut stoppage & technical decision, & Cuadras (as we saw from his fight with Roman) is a fuck of a lot bigger than Gonzalez & fights in a style that let him take a lot less punishment than Roman would ('cos Gonzalez is a small inside dude & Cuadras is a great big rangy fucker who likes to fight outside).

Yes, he roughed RG up. But he didn't win "just cos of the headbutts", he roughed RG up because he's a double-plus hard bastard swarmer with a serious size advantage, & for short walk-in pressure fighters that's the worst style match-up imaginable other than a big lanky jab'n'mover (can we all take a minute, BTW, to fuckin' applaud Gonzalez for fighting these two motherfuckers? 'Cos that's some seriously ballsy matchmaking, & this isn't hindsight talking, I said it at the time).

Er, who said that? I saw where people said Gonzalez had to adjust...

& LOOOOOOOOOOOL at your headbutt comment. The Thai won because he's a double-plus hard bastard with a massive natural size advantage fighting a much naturally smaller guy in his, what, fourth weight class.

I wrote on here before the fight that he was a live 'dog & that SSV was starting to get to Cuadras before the cut stoppage & technical decision, & Cuadras (as we saw from his fight with Roman) is a fuck of a lot bigger than Gonzalez & fights in a style that let him take a lot less punishment than Roman would ('cos Gonzalez is a small inside dude & Cuadras is a great big rangy fucker who likes to fight outside).

Yes, he roughed RG up. But he didn't win "just cos of the headbutts", he roughed RG up because he's a double-plus hard bastard swarmer with a serious size advantage, & for short walk-in pressure fighters that's the worst style match-up imaginable other than a big lanky jab'n'mover (can we all take a minute, BTW, to fuckin' applaud Gonzalez for fighting these two motherfuckers? 'Cos that's some seriously ballsy matchmaking, & this isn't hindsight talking, I said it at the time).
I'll qoute it for u since ur too lazy to CTRL+F on a 2 page thread. People really need to start double checking more it saves time in conversations. Espicially when it's that available. (No offense intended)

And no, i didnt say the head buta were the only factor leading to his win, but they are certainly the straw that broke the camel's back. With out them, cant see him beating Gonzalez. Gonzalez would have still beaten him in a very hard fight everytime if Clean, but as we learned from Loma/Salido, cleanliness is naïve in the pro level. Choco couldnt see from the blood on his eye that kept opening with every headbutt.

I'm picking Inoue, Cuadras and Srisaket in the rematch (I don't think he won the first, but I have a feeling he'll adjust to Roman and take it clearly this time).

Last edited:
Ah, apologies; I only saw where Shoemaker & Hagler were saying RG had to adjust.

Sorry.

Crazy entertaining card, will have to watch this. Cant wait! It has been said a lot but truly, this year has been a good one for boxing.

Former FLW & Jr.FLW champ Brian Viloria will be facing Miguel Cartagena in a 8 round Super Flyweight matchup on the undercard.

Kazakhstani boxer Ruslan Madiev will be taking on Mexican fighter Abdiel Ramirez at Lightweight.

Nam Phan (the MMA fighter) will likely be facing some Nick Frese at Welterweight.

Have people over for this card and then the PPV the week after. Fun two weeks for boxing fans!

Wow! What a sick card! Thanks for the tag my man @Sakuraba7 !

Hoping to see Inoue win big and then face either winner of Gonzalez vs Ringvisai or Quadras vs Estrada!

September will be a great fucking month for boxing!

Former FLW & Jr.FLW champ Brian Viloria will be facing Miguel Cartagena in a 8 round Super Flyweight matchup on the undercard.

Kazakhstani boxer Ruslan Madiev will be taking on Mexican fighter Abdiel Ramirez at Lightweight.

Nam Phan (the MMA fighter) will likely be facing some Nick Frese at Welterweight.

Damn, Nam Phan boxing? Cool. Always liked him in MMA. Wasnt exactly top 15 fighter or so, but was always entertaining

Damn, Nam Phan boxing? Cool. Always liked him in MMA. Wasnt exactly top 15 fighter or so, but was always entertaining
Yeah I remember liking him even if he wasn't that good. He lost his last boxing match and that was over a year and a half ago though so I don't know if this will go well for him.

this is a great card. i got tito in the rematch.

I thought Chocolatito won the first time and if not for the headbutt knockdown in the first round it would have been clearer. Then that headbutt cut and the bleeding etc will have had an effect too. I worry Chocolatito will lose this rematch more legitimately though but I hope not, Chocolatito has the most visually appealing style of boxing out of anyone currently in the sport for me

Last edited:
Back