Superfly 3X Header | Inoue vs Nieves | SriSaket vs Chocolatito | Cuadras vs Estrada

Sakuraba7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
DHGNhNPVwAA0QNp.jpg

Srisaket Rungvisai vs Roman Gonzalez
WBC Super Flyweight title

Naoya Inoue vs Antonio Nieves

WBO Super Flyweight title

Carlos Cuadras vs Juan Francisco Estrada
WBC Super Flyweight eliminator​

@kenji goh @Sivo The Ram @Sano @cuban23 @Sekimoto @JkMMA @MMALOPEZ @senri @Mr2urbo @GloryOfIran @JayElectra @Yourstepdad @BlackPanther @Cocakillbana @dissufc @Pied Piper @starwarzbud13 @Queen B

Damn that's an exciting card. Never seen Neives though. @ironfist05 what's the report?

Damn that's an exciting card. Never seen Neives though. @ironfist05 what's the report?
on Nieves? I know next to nothing about the guy. He seems ok but he's just there (at least from what I can tell) to be a nice stepping stone for Inoue to the US market. I've heard that Inoue is moving to BW, where he wants to fight Zhainat Zhakiyanov (the Kazakh guy that beat Rau'shee Warren). Inoue is a heavy favorite and should be.

I'm picking Inoue, Cuadras and Srisaket in the rematch (I don't think he won the first, but I have a feeling he'll adjust to Roman and take it clearly this time).

Asians taking over in the lower weight divisons. May the best man win in the main event but I'm really rooting for naoya inoue. :)

on Nieves? I know next to nothing about the guy. He seems ok but he's just there (at least from what I can tell) to be a nice stepping stone for Inoue to the US market. I've heard that Inoue is moving to BW, where he wants to fight Zhainat Zhakiyanov (the Kazakh guy that beat Rau'shee Warren). Inoue is a heavy favorite and should be.

I'm picking Inoue, Cuadras and Srisaket in the rematch (I don't think he won the first, but I have a feeling he'll adjust to Roman and take it clearly this time).

Thanks for the info.

Agreed about Srisaket. I think I was talking to @Hagler about it in another thread, but I'm not sure what Roman can do to adjust and make the fight clearly in his favor. He'd had to fight a way we've never seen him fight before. I see that being another close action fight, but Sor Rungvisai has more opportunity to improve.

Ive heard of chocolatito and the japanese guy. Hes on the p4p list. Not the rest. Probably will check it out.
Check chocolatito vs the Thai guy first meeting. It was a good fight. Kinda consaversial but still a good fight.

Check chocolatito vs the Thai guy first meeting. It was a good fight. Kinda consaversial but still a good fight.

It was very close. Personally im glad SriSaket got the win, Gonzalez seemed overrated to me. Not that he's not great, but HBO literally marketed him as the best P4P fighter, and almost wouldn't even acknowledge Naoya Inoue's existence in the division.

Gonzalez rubbed me the wrong way, repeatedly ducking Inoue & refusing to unify. So I'm glad he got humbled. It's also probably why we are able to see Naoya on HBO today. Because had Roman stayed on that win-streak, HBO would prob kept marketing him as GOAT and desperately avoiding a Inoue clash in the meantime.

Asians taking over in the lower weight divisons. May the best man win in the main event but I'm really rooting for naoya inoue. :)

Haven't they been dominating the BW-and-under divisions for decades now?.. <LikeReally5>

Inoue's fight appears to be more of a showcase, but Estrada/Cuadras and Gonzalez/Thai guy's rematch are potential FOTY contenders. Great night of fights.

It was very close. Personally im glad SriSaket got the win, Gonzalez seemed overrated to me. Not that he's not great, but HBO literally marketed him as the best P4P fighter, and almost wouldn't even acknowledge Naoya Inoue's existence in the division.

Gonzalez rubbed me the wrong way, repeatedly ducking Inoue & refusing to unify. So I'm glad he got humbled. It's also probably why we are able to see Naoya on HBO today. Because had Roman stayed on that win-streak, HBO would prob kept marketing him as GOAT and desperately avoiding a Inoue clash in the meantime.

Inoue was at one of Romans last two fights (can remember which) and the HBO teams pointed him out and said he was a future opponent for Gonzalez. They did not ignor him and Roman did not duck him. Inoue was building himself and didn't have many fights yet. Hell they weren't even in the same division a year a go. If they both win there is a good chance they fight next.

Anyway this is a great card and the type that goes unnoticed by casuals who then turn around and say that boxing doesn't put on good cards.

Inoue was at one of Romans last two fights (can remember which) and the HBO teams pointed him out and said he was a future opponent for Gonzalez. They did not ignor him and Roman did not duck him. Inoue was building himself and didn't have many fights yet. Hell they weren't even in the same division a year a go. If they both win there is a good chance they fight next.

Anyway this is a great card and the type that goes unnoticed by casuals who then turn around and say that boxing doesn't put on good cards.

I know, he was sitting right in the crowd in camera view. But Gonzalez was absolutely avoiding him saying they can't afford to pay him... This is why i believe he was there, and HBO had to acknowledge him. Inoue's team was very serious about facing him.

I know, he was sitting right in the crowd in camera view. But Gonzalez was absolutely avoiding him saying they can't afford to pay him... This is why i believe he was there, and HBO had to acknowledge him. Inoue's team was very serious about facing him.
Yeah I do remember a money issue at some point but I also remember Inuoe saying he was going to fight once in the US to introduce himself first and that isn't happoning till now. If Roman won the last fight they would probably be fighting instead. I think "duck" gets thrown around pretty loosely at times and don't believe it belongs here.

Haven't they been dominating the BW-and-under divisions for decades now?.. <LikeReally5>
Idk... All I no is they have 11 Japanese world boxing champ atm. Luis nery was juiced on steroids on his fight against Yamanaka. So hopefully it's turns into a nc and both of them rematch again. All boxing worlds champs at 105lbs - 115 lbs r asians btw except for 1.

Back