Superfly 3X Header | Inoue vs Nieves | SriSaket vs Chocolatito | Cuadras vs Estrada

Has he ever fought anyone 10 years younger? Not the 1 or 4 years younger.
All of Roman's fights were against someone his own generation or older. If he can't give the next generation the same opportunity like they gave him (like 36yr old Edgar Sosa; or the 30yr old Soto, Solado, Vargas while Roman was 24), time for him to retire.

With all due respect, this rule doesn't exist anywhere else than in your opinion. He fought quality opponents over almost a decade. This is what champions do.

With all due respect, this rule doesn't exist anywhere else than in your opinion. He fought quality opponents over almost a decade. This is what champions do.

Great. Hopefully he doesn't start cherry-picking because some of his fans don't want him challenging champions.

Better to retire at his high.

Great. Hopefully he doesn't start cherry-picking because some of his fans don't want him challenging champions.

Better to retire at his high.

I do believe he should retire. I also think that fighters like Gonzalez or Pacquiao have more than proven themselves and are entitled to fight who the hell they want before they ride in the sunset. These guys are no Sven Ottkes.

I do believe he should retire. I also think that fighters like Gonzalez or Pacquiao have more than proven themselves and are entitled to fight who the hell they want before they ride in the sunset. These guys are no Sven Ottkes.

They can fight who they want, but they will be looked on as accordingly. You either come out victorious, or come back on your shield, as some say. Beating people you 'know' you're going to beat isn't much of a challenge.

Pacquiao didn't want the Horn fight, he wanted Khan. Arum forced it on him because of his deal with Australian tourism board that subsidized the fight. Even then, it was a young guy and a close fight. So props to Pac for taking that risk.

If you have the right to choose, it should be against the best. I hope Roman isn't having Money problems where he's just doing certain fights to collect a paycheck.

They can fight who they want, but they will be looked on as accordingly. You either come out victorious, or come back on your shield, as some say. Beating people you 'know' you're going to beat isn't much of a challenge.

Pacquiao didn't want the Horn fight, he wanted Khan. Arum forced it on him because of his deal with Australian tourism board that subsidized the fight. Even then, it was a young guy and a close fight. So props to Pac for taking that risk.

If you have the right to choose, it should be against the best. I hope Roman isn't having Money problems where he's just doing certain fights to collect a paycheck.

It should be against against whomever you want if you've proven yourself and have obviously lost a step. If Pacquiao takes a gimme farewell fight in Manilla or Gonzalez does the same in Managua, it's hardly worth complaining. Not every champion ends his career with a superfight.

Back