Strongest Country per Capita?

You should check out the netflix documentary we were talking about itt. Good stuff.
I'm going to.

Didn't even know it existed.

Going back to the Tongans, Somoans etc

No doubt those guys are strong and much stronger than your average person but am I right in thinking they don't do too well in the WSM comps.

I used to watch it religiously every festive period leading up to New Year but I can only think of one guy who fits the bill who made it to the finals in the last 5 years and he didn't do to well. I don't get the time to watch it these days with the family etc.

I would have thought the Samoans, Kiwis etc would have been naturals (no pun intended, I know all the WS Men are roided up) at WSM.

And the others gravitate to Rugby as well.

Guy I know played Rugby for Scotland Under 21's against Samoa. He said they all looked like guys in their late 20's. They were fucking huge, and tried to break you in half with every tackle.

Their weakness was they only knew one way to play. They went full out from the first whistle, and after 20 - 30 minutes they gassed badly, and they Scots had their way with them. Scotland ran out comfortable winners, but like my mate said, it was a fucking long 20 minutes waiting for the Samoans to tire themselves out hitting you.:)

Guy I know played Rugby for Scotland Under 21's against Samoa. He said they all looked like guys in their late 20's. They were fucking huge, and tried to break you in half with every tackle.

Their weakness was they only knew one way to play. They went full out from the first whistle, and after 20 - 30 minutes they gassed badly, and they Scots had their way with them. Scotland ran out comfortable winners, but like my mate said, it was a fucking long 20 minutes waiting for the Samoans to tire themselves out hitting you.:)
Like trying to rope a dope Mark Hunt.

Mateusz Kielszkowski has a bright future in strongman imo

Yeah I read about him but I haven't followed the World's Strongest Man since Pudzian. He competed last in like 2008 or 2009 right? Wasn't Mateusz gonna take part in WSM in 2016, where was he placed?

Yeah I read about him but I haven't followed the World's Strongest Man since Pudzian. He competed last in like 2008 or 2009 right? Wasn't Mateusz gonna take part in WSM in 2016, where was he placed?
He finished 7th which at his age and for a first time I think is impressive AF. He blew the field away in the qualifying heats iirc

Samoans are weaklings compared to Tongans and Fijians.

Don't know about weaklings, but Fijians are fucking huge buggers, at least the ones I've seen.
Fijians are massive and are very lean compared to polynesians. They are the true athletic and explosive race.

Fijians are massive and are very lean compared to polynesians. They are the true athletic and explosive race.
I wouldn't know if this is true or not, but if true, why are there so many more Samoans than Fijians playing in the NFL. And I can think of athletic Samoan boxers, MMA fighters and pro wrestlers, but I don't know of any Fijians.

Polynesia
Iceland
Poland,
Iran,
Lithuania,
Wales... Hear me out, very low population, everyone plays rugby. Soccer is a second class sport there and that's madness in Europe.

Honorable mention for Colombia.

Iceland by a landslide

In 39 years of World's Strongest Man competition (wasnt's held in 1987), Iceland has had 8 First place finishes and 18 top three finishes, second only to the United States which has nearly 1000 times the population.
Perhaps but remember that the record holder is Polish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back