Strongest Country per Capita?

Breakfast Bar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know the first question will be to define strength. So I will define it as taking a really heavy rock and holding it over your head for a certain mount of time.

I think the strongest country is either Iceland or Samoa. They both have small populations and there seem to be a high percentage of people that are world-class level in sports requiring strength in both.

John Paul , Magnus and Haftor , it's gotta be Iceland.

In 39 years of World's Strongest Man competition (wasnt's held in 1987), Iceland has had 8 First place finishes and 18 top three finishes, second only to the United States which has nearly 1000 times the population.

Last edited:
Louisiana.

latest

It's probably some Pacific Islanders, like Samoa. But I think the USA is right up there, though. With 195 lb men and 165 lb women, on average, there's got to be some strength gains there too.

In 39 years of World's Strongest Man competition (wasnt's held in 1987), Iceland has had 8 First place finishes and 18 top three finishes, second only to the United States which has nearly 100 times the population.

Really it's only a Matter of time before Hafthor wins one. He is only 28 , he almost Beat Shaw this year but fucked up on the Kettle bell Toss, Hafthor is so damn Talented but he is prone to Mental Lapses, Shaw for now rules because he combines his great strength with a calm approach and good strategy

Really it's only a Matter of time before Hafthor wins one. He is only 28 , he almost Beat Shaw this year but fucked up on the Kettle bell Toss, Hafthor is so damn Talented but he is prone to Mental Lapses, Shaw for now rules because he combines his great strength with a calm approach and good strategy
I seriously thought 2016 was his year, but props to Shaw. If Eddie Hall could move with weight he'd be king though. His static strength is unbelievable.

Last edited:
I seriously thought 2016 was his years, but props to Shaw. If Eddie Hall could move with weight he'd be king though. His static strength is unbelievable.

Hall actually had a shot too , if he didn't dislocate those Fingers. Dude was in tears during the Circus Barbell press and he tied with Thor. He also was dead last in the first event because of his grip also he tied Shaw in the Deadlift even though he probably had another loft in him. He is only 10 months younger than Thor so they could be back and forth for future titles. You're right Eddie is a Monster in Static Strength, is the best Deadlifter and only Prime Z is a better Presser. Don't underestimate Eddie's athleticism he actually holds British records in swimming for 15 and under , guy has the tools to give the Giants a run for their money.

Europe is full of bitches so icelands strength is meaningless, people from Soma will have a stroke if they have to lift something heavy over a few feet.

My pick is America.
Greatest talent bar none

given how many fitness YouTube channels are out of Toronto Canada has to be at least top ten.
really its just a less fat America.

Hall actually had a shot too , if he didn't dislocate those Fingers. Dude was in tears during the Circus Barbell press and he tied with Thor. He also was dead last in the first event because of his grip also he tied Shaw in the Deadlift even though he probably had another loft in him. He is only 10 months younger than Thor so they could be back and forth for future titles. You're right Eddie is a Monster in Static Strength, is the best Deadlifter and only Prime Z is a better Presser. Don't underestimate Eddie's athleticism he actually holds British records in swimming for 15 and under , guy has the tools to give the Giants a run for their money.
I just watched the Netflix doc on Eddie the other day. It made me an even bigger fan.

Back