STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Looks like EVO finals are at 4:00am EST on Sunday haha. No way I can stay up for that, but I’m pretty excited to watch the replays. Sucks that Daigo announced he’ll be sticking with Guile, but I don’t blame him. Ryu still needs some buffs to be able to compete. He’s so predictable and is flat out a counter striker in a game full of offense.

On a side note, I’ll be picking up Monster Hunter this weekend. A game that I’m sure I’ll hardly play because I’m still trying my best to level up in SFV lol.

Looks like EVO finals are at 4:00am EST on Sunday haha. No way I can stay up for that, but I’m pretty excited to watch the replays. Sucks that Daigo announced he’ll be sticking with Guile, but I don’t blame him. Ryu still needs some buffs to be able to compete. He’s so predictable and is flat out a counter striker in a game full of offense.

On a side note, I’ll be picking up Monster Hunter this weekend. A game that I’m sure I’ll hardly play because I’m still trying my best to level up in SFV lol.

Yeah, it's not worth staying up for that. This isn't PRIDE, lol.

Yeah, it's not worth staying up for that. This isn't PRIDE, lol.

Pride was totally worth it haha. I went to the Vegas pride and stayed in Hendo’s after party and stayed in his parents hotel room after that.

Pride was totally worth it haha. I went to the Vegas pride and stayed in Hendo’s after party and stayed in his parents hotel room after that.

Awesome. I know you were happy when he knocked out Wanderlei.

Awesome. I know you were happy when he knocked out Wanderlei.

Haha Silva was probably my favorite Pride fighter. I always root for the wrestlers, but that one was rough. Even though I was a Fedor fan, I was probably happier with that KO. Bisping KO was by far the best.

So what was the official reasoning behind doing away with the parrying system of Street Fighter 3?

I boycotted all of SFIV over that lol.

Even in SFV I primarily gravitate towards players with a V-skill parry.

So what was the official reasoning behind doing away with the parrying system of Street Fighter 3?

I boycotted all of SFIV over that lol.

Even in SFV I primarily gravitate towards players with a V-skill parry.

I believe (correct me if I’m wrong Crimson) that Capcom wanted each SF series to have their own different mechanic. SF Alpha had V-ISM systems, SFIII had the universal parry system, SFIV has the Focus System and SFV with the V-System. I personally like it as it adds a new element to the game, but they’re not with their downfalls (i.e. CC fishes).

I believe (correct me if I’m wrong Crimson) that Capcom wanted each SF series to have their own different mechanic. SF Alpha had V-ISM systems, SFIII had the universal parry system, SFIV has the Focus System and SFV with the V-System. I personally like it as it adds a new element to the game, but they’re not with their downfalls (i.e. CC fishes).

I believe this is the case. It's what I like about some of those older SF games. They're all different.

Players hated SF3 at first. A lot of favorites were missing and the parry system can be frustrating if your opponent is much better at it than you.

I believe this is the case. It's what I like about some of those older SF games. They're all different.

Players hated SF3 at first. A lot of favorites were missing and the parry system can be frustrating if your opponent is much better at it than you.

I loved the parry system... it opened up an entirely new dynamic. You couldn't just anti-air normal every jump in... similarly you couldn't be predictable in any way or you'd suffer the consequence... and that changed everything.

I also loved the universal overhead in SFIII. I guess I'm still not over it haha

I loved the parry system... it opened up an entirely new dynamic. You couldn't just anti-air normal every jump in... similarly you couldn't be predictable in any way or you'd suffer the consequence... and that changed everything.

I also loved the universal overhead in SFIII. I guess I'm still not over it haha

Oh yeah. I like it. I've played against people on here just parrying their shit, lol. It's just I can see why some didn't like it especially back in the day.

That’s why SFIV was such a put off for me; I sucked at FA and especially FADC. I’m much better using the V-System. Mainly because I don’t have to use my stick like I’m playing a piano.

Honestly, SFA3 had counter-hits as well. Not sure if players were actually fishing for them, but they would send the opponent into the air and you can follow up with other moves. It also had guard breaks, limited air blocking, custom combos, just guard, and maybe more than I'm forgetting.

Battle Lounge Tonight! Kicking off around 4:30pm PST. Come get some games in if you’re interested.

I watched a couple of house of Japan EVO last night and even saw a San Diego local Gief player there. I see him at our locals and he only mains muscle power. He got beat up by Abigail which sucked, but it’s kind of expected now.

The only two Urien’s I saw using Aegis were Nemo and Dogura lol. ALL of the other Uriens used VT2. Either because its easier than Aegis or because of the Urien disappearing hitbox. Dudes completely invincible if he’s charging VT2 and he get’s hit once before using it.

I'll try to drop in... will likely be after 5 tho.

The best part of Evo Japan so far? He looked pretty good using King of Dinosaurs and Billy Kane from what I saw.

olz3mibwk14hjtxsizo2.gif

ooaziqjs99ciafyniogz.gif

Nice. We'll have to try that.

I see Gunfight and Kichipa-mu are in the top 128, but they have to play against each other.

I'm down. Sucks we couldn't get it to work last time. It also sucks I'm stuck at work and can't watch EVO!

I'm down. Sucks we couldn't get it to work last time. It also sucks I'm stuck at work and can't watch EVO!

I knew we couldn't get SFA3 Dramatic Battle to work because of the wrong colored title screen, but we couldn't even get the one in SFA1 to work either. I'm glad this guy figured it out.

Back