STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Man, the more I learn about the game the saltier I get when I don't pull stuff off. Played this Alex earlier and he edged it out, but I was getting furious because he did command grab after every air reset. One back dash and a fierce, dp, super and I would've taken the 2 out of 3. But I just kept blocking even though I got that read early on.

I did beat up on a buttonsy Karin who took me out the first time we ran into each other. Also, I swear Cammy got more popular. I run into the mirror almost as often as I run into Ryu.

Lol. I just got back into SFV after a month layoff and my BP dropped from 5800 to 3500. Still maining with Ed.

I'm up for a battle lounge this Friday. Who else will be playing?

Gief has turned trashy.... I mean, he wasn't overpowered before, so the nerfs didn't make any sense. I can understand things like making Balrog from top tier to mid tier and stuff... but I think this was a corporate decision.... they are deliberately trying to turn Abigail into a long term popular character, so they wanted to make him the clear cut best big man in the game and basically put Zangief in the dumpster.

By the way, it's annoying that the top 3 season 3 characters I want appear to all be the last of the six released (Cody, G, Sagat).

Guess it gives me time to collect FM (I have about 220k, so another 80k and I'm golden for the characters).

Lol. I just got back into SFV after a month layoff and my BP dropped from 5800 to 3500. Still maining with Ed.

I'm up for a battle lounge this Friday. Who else will be playing?

I keep purposely resetting my BP under 1000 so I can play in casuals with new characters and learn lol.

This is just part of my FM scheme tho... 1000 per character level, and you can level up low level characters pretty easy playing Casual matches.

Might try to make the lounge this Friday.

Man, the more I learn about the game the saltier I get when I don't pull stuff off. Played this Alex earlier and he edged it out, but I was getting furious because he did command grab after every air reset. One back dash and a fierce, dp, super and I would've taken the 2 out of 3. But I just kept blocking even though I got that read early on.

I did beat up on a buttonsy Karin who took me out the first time we ran into each other. Also, I swear Cammy got more popular. I run into the mirror almost as often as I run into Ryu.

Just keep grinding and your muscle memory will kick in. I've been working forever trying to get down Ryu's jp.lk > cr.lk > cr.lp > hp.dp. It's about 3/10's I hit it, but I've been getting it more and more. Also his cr.mp > st.lk combos. I'm still wayyy off on constantly hitting them, but I can tell the practice is really paying off. It doesn't look like much, but when you do it without thinking and notice it came out it’s a good feeling.

I keep purposely resetting my BP under 1000 so I can play in casuals with new characters and learn lol.

This is just part of my FM scheme tho... 1000 per character level, and you can level up low level characters pretty easy playing Casual matches.

Might try to make the lounge this Friday.

Lol that’s actually a great idea. Easy FM.

Just keep grinding and your muscle memory will kick in. I've been working forever trying to get down Ryu's jp.lk > cr.lk > cr.lp > hp.dp. It's about 3/10's I hit it, but I've been getting it more and more. Also his cr.mp > st.lk combos. I'm still wayyy off on constantly hitting them, but I can tell the practice is really paying off. It doesn't look like much, but when you do it without thinking and notice it came out it’s a good feeling.

Yea that combo is outrageous... and people like MDZJimmy hit it every single time.

I have trouble with all sorts of things in this game. Any combo with a hold back normal, tends to give me issues... if Ken's target combo didn't include that Back MP , HP he'd have been my main character.

Oh for sure. I played a Bison who I think I was using delayed tech option select to either tech my meaty throws or buttons (that or he's the best guesser ever). So I hit him with cr.lp>cr.lp>arrow frame trap off Cammy's standing l.k that I usually use to set up a tick throw. He fell apart after that and I was pretty happy about it.

Last edited:
By the way, it's annoying that the top 3 season 3 characters I want appear to all be the last of the six released (Cody, G, Sagat).

Guess it gives me time to collect FM (I have about 220k, so another 80k and I'm golden for the characters).

I think I'm on track to get them all... I already bought Sakura with FM and I still have about 220k myself at the moment... between the character leveling and weekly "missions" I can continue to get 10k+ per week. So with that plus the bonus you get once you get a new character (leveling to 19 pretty easy so 19k) should be able to get the remaining 280k for the other 5 characters.

They really need to add a patch to grant some level of reward for Arcade mode outside of artwork lol

Is that lounge going up tonight?

The new silver soldier mission is a decent source of fight money, he's easy to beat just using normals and being aggressive. Use a different character each time, the lower the level the better as the 10k EXP will net you a multiple level increase.

I farmed 10k FM from it in 3 plays.

Is that lounge going up tonight?

The new silver soldier mission is a decent source of fight money, he's easy to beat just using normals and being aggressive. Use a different character each time, the lower the level the better as the 10k EXP will net you a multiple level increase.

I farmed 10k FM from it in 3 plays.

Yes! Battle Lounge around 4:30pm PST!

Yea I'm a bit hit and miss at making the 4:30pm battle lounge time... sometimes I get caught up until later in the evening.

Is there any way to locate / join that specific lounge? I basically have to harass someone for an invite.

Back