STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Timestamped.

I bet you're loving this Abigail stuff haha. Sorry I bailed last night, I ate dinner and then passed out. I'll be on a little bit later. I want to practice some Ryu re-sets and stuff. But I'd be down for some 3S.

GGs. Your Ryu is getting better.

Glad you're liking 3rd strike. I can't believe I've never played Windjammers until now, lol.

GGs. Your Ryu is getting better.

Glad you're liking 3rd strike. I can't believe I've never played Windjammers until now, lol.

Thanks man, GG’s . It’s weird how you can on and off days in SF. I really need to utilize the training room more for optimal punishes with different characters. Is Alex’s EX Chop 1 parry or 2? I know Bisons Devils Reverse is 2, but I need to work on the timing. I don’t see myself getting too far without knowing when and how to use Ryu’s V-Skill. Also should work on not back rolling out of everything. I get punished for that so often.

Windjammers is fun and quick. We should play that again.

Thanks man, GG’s . It’s weird how you can on and off days in SF. I really need to utilize the training room more for optimal punishes with different characters. Is Alex’s EX Chop 1 parry or 2? I know Bisons Devils Reverse is 2, but I need to work on the timing. I don’t see myself getting too far without knowing when and how to use Ryu’s V-Skill. Also should work on not back rolling out of everything. I get punished for that so often.

Windjammers is fun and quick. We should play that again.

The EX Chop is 2 hits, yes.

Here's a good article about Abigail.

http://moment37.com/2018/01/abigail-strong-ae/

And one on Abigail and big characters in general.

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/street-fighter-big-bodies-big-reactions

Players and fans might be overreacting a bit. The character wasn't really used that much in S2 so perhaps players didn't know the matchup. Even though Coolkid beat Punk recently, he immediately got 3-0d by Squall's Necalli. However, if Gief is really as bad as they're saying (his normals feel like ass honestly), then we might see even more Abigails later on. He's like a bigger and better version of Gief with more armor, more health, guard breaks, longer range normals, and can do big damage without resets. I can't say I blame Itazan or Snake if they switch.

P.S. He was an annoying matchup for Gief in S2. He could jab Gief's face off.

Taxes getting back soon and I'll be back on and playing.

I'm actually thinking of buying it on PC so I don't need to pay PlayStation to play online

I'll be an easy win for you guys

Played about 10 matches with Bison last night and was performing pretty well, again I'm in casuals and my league rank is low so I tend to be a bit better than the competition they match me with.

Then I got matched up with a 600lp Ryu... and I don't even feel he was that good, but I just had no answers... I had just polished off a 2000lp Nash and this guy just crushed me 4 straight rounds.

Every round I thought I'd mix it up and take it over... nope.

Also, I think turtling Guile's are the most unenjoyable matches... you know exactly what to expect and yet it takes some effort to close the distance and do some damage.

The EX Chop is 2 hits, yes.

Here's a good article about Abigail.

http://moment37.com/2018/01/abigail-strong-ae/

And one on Abigail and big characters in general.

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/street-fighter-big-bodies-big-reactions

Players and fans might be overreacting a bit. The character wasn't really used that much in S2 so perhaps players didn't know the matchup. Even though Coolkid beat Punk recently, he immediately got 3-0d by Squall's Necalli. However, if Gief is really as bad as they're saying (his normals feel like ass honestly), then we might see even more Abigails later on. He's like a bigger and better version of Gief with more armor, more health, guard breaks, longer range normals, and can do big damage without resets. I can't say I blame Itazan or Snake if they switch.

P.S. He was an annoying matchup for Gief in S2. He could jab Gief's face off.

I was trying to practice my parry’s with Alex, Cammy and Bison. Cammy & Bison were’nt that hard, but Alex’s chop was difficult. I also found it interesting that Alex and Ryu have the same frame trap (st.lp > st.mp > EX)

I’m still very very bad at it. I think it’ll take a while to learn how to make hard reads using it and since I hardly use it anyways, it’s going to be rough.

I've read that was one of Gief's worst matchups.

Played about 10 matches with Bison last night and was performing pretty well, again I'm in casuals and my league rank is low so I tend to be a bit better than the competition they match me with.

Then I got matched up with a 600lp Ryu... and I don't even feel he was that good, but I just had no answers... I had just polished off a 2000lp Nash and this guy just crushed me 4 straight rounds.

Every round I thought I'd mix it up and take it over... nope.

Also, I think turtling Guile's are the most unenjoyable matches... you know exactly what to expect and yet it takes some effort to close the distance and do some damage.

That’s funny because I got my face stomped in 6 NIL by a Bison last night in Battle Lounge. I just could not help him brining me to the corner and his long limbs and Psycho ball wouldn’t let me leave. It was a total pain in the ass. Not to mention his VT2 killed me twice. That thing is deadly if you know how to use it.

I enjoy the Guile matchups more than fighting anyone else because Guile is a buffed up Ryu. So beating him to me means more than any other character.

I was trying to practice my parry’s with Alex, Cammy and Bison. Cammy & Bison were’nt that hard, but Alex’s chop was difficult. I also found it interesting that Alex and Ryu have the same frame trap (st.lp > st.mp > EX)

I’m still very very bad at it. I think it’ll take a while to learn how to make hard reads using it and since I hardly use it anyways, it’s going to be rough.

I've read that was one of Gief's worst matchups.

Just mash out the second parry after parrying the first hit of Alex's EX Chop. It doesn't needed to be timed like in 3rd Strike, lol. It works against Chun-Li's Super too.

Just mash out the second parry after parrying the first hit of Alex's EX Chop. It doesn't needed to be timed like in 3rd Strike, lol. It works against Chun-Li's Super too.

Yea, I need to set the dummy up for a jab after the parry so I know if the mashing works. Sometimes you're left open for a punish if you parry too many times.

Yea, I need to set the dummy up for a jab after the parry so I know if the mashing works. Sometimes you're left open for a punish if you parry too many times.

Make sure you stop the mashing when the move is finished.

Time stamped.

Obviously, you have to time the first hit, but afterwards, "When in doubt, mash it out."

Make sure you stop the mashing when the move is finished.

Time stamped.

Obviously, you have to time the first hit, but afterwards, "When in doubt, mash it out."

Work pwnd but I've seen that and will watch again. Did you happen to see the Valle parry sequence on Sim a couple of days ago? One of the best I've ever seen. It was flawless and it seemed like Valle was able to read minds.

Work pwnd but I've seen that and will watch again. Did you happen to see the Valle parry sequence on Sim a couple of days ago? One of the best I've ever seen. It was flawless and it seemed like Valle was able to read minds.

Who was it against?

I tried to search for it and came across a video of him playing ST on Fightcade a few days ago. I'm sure he hasn't played in a while, but it looks like he got smashed.

FedererTear.gif

Back