STREET FIGHTER V - v4: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW V-TRIGGERS

My bad fellas. I didn't realize how active the threads were for this game.

Throwing you a sticky.

Thanks man.

Much like every FG speculation, Eventhubs loves to give their take.
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...at-relaunch-would-need-reinvigorate-interest/

I think the most important thing to consider (and to help give you hope) is the following:

To a lot of fans, Street Fighter 5 could be considered a step down from Ultra Street Fighter 4. But is that really a fair comparison?

Many people compare SF5 to USF4, perhaps not remembering that they're comparing a new game's launch to a game that had 5 different editions made to get to the point that they did.

It might be better to compare the latest entry to the series to (vanilla) Street Fighter 4. Perhaps given the same amount of time, Capcom could bring us the quality product we've come to expect.

This is so incredibly true its ridiculous not to think that were not going to have a different game from SFV's first iteration to its very last. The game will grow, its rough edges will be softened and its refinement will happen. The game has its issues, I think we all know that. We have players on this board who gave up on the game 6 months into it's life span, and with good reason. Unless you're trying to achieve a specific goal or rank, the game play can get stale fast. Mix that in with the enormous amount of 50/50's, the high damage and safe neutral CC's and you have a game that's both frustrating and stale. I believe that Capcom will listen to their fans. I think that a change is coming and I believe a change in the game will continue to come until the end of SFV's life cycle. It's hard not to see them doing it and it would be very bad business and a lack of opportunity if they didn't.

My hopes for SSFV:

1. Fix the Netcode.
  • This is one of, if not, the main reason people stopped playing the game. I know a couple of people who just stopped because they either couldn't find a match online or it was lagging the whole time.
2. Arcade Mode / Online Training / New UI.
  • Even if SSFV is a free download, for many people it will be their first buy. We have all bought games based on reviews and when the reviews came out for SFV, it got hammered for lack of content. Selling an updated game with a plethora of new content to new users will usher in some much needed SF cash. Capcom doesn't have an endless supply of money lying around to continually update the game. But if we want continual updates, revenue needs to be generated. I think this will give them a decent boost and motivate them enough to keep working HARD and with LOVE. Aside from the monetary aspect, Capcom owes it to their fans who purchased the game in places like Nigeria and other countries who don't have access to the PSN. Online training is great for beginners (and advanced players) and a new UI helps to spice things up.
3. New Mechanics.
  • This is a no brainer. We can only enjoy new costumes and stages for so long before we grow tired of them. Although they're needed, it's not what keeps people coming back to the game. New V-Skills, V-Triggers, V-Reversals & CA's should be added to every BIG update (assuming this goes into USFV). By USFV we should have 3 of every thing or at least 3 of the V's and 2 CA's. That is plenty to allow for some great matches and customization's. Damage should be reduced and CC's need to be re-worked. Sticking a random CC out there and not getting punished is a big no-no. The risk / reward for those has a large gap (Rashid....) The 50/50's can be mitigated with possibly a better V-Defensive skill of the character. Some V-Reversals are much better than others. Defensive options should be effective for everyone considering this is a rush down game. This should NOT be a rush down game only! The rush-downs IMO are getting boring. Every character has 2-3 optimal combos that they use every time. We can see it a mile a way and the only thing that makes this game fun to watch are the close to non-existent footsies. This game doesn't favor the patient. USFIV had some of the best footsie games I've ever seen and it was HYPE. There doesn't need to be someone attacking someone at every second.
I have faith in the game molding into something us SF fans will end up loving. There is a lot of time left. The game isn't going to die off tomorrow or any time soon. Capcom will learn from their mistakes and implement the good choices that made USFIV so successful. SFIV had a rough aging process and I think SFV will as well.

BTW, got some money back for my Padres tickets and had $97 in my paypal account. Picked up Civ VI & USFIV

Edit: And Tekken7

Last edited:
Sorry about that, @SwamiLeoni. I'm such a klutz navigating the battle lounge. I had to bail because a friend that I haven't talked to in a while wants to vent.

Last edited:
Sorry about that, @SwamiLeoni. I'm such a klutz navigating the battle lounge. I had to bail because a friend that I haven't talked to in a while wants to vent.

No worries dude, GGs. Cammy's normals are out of control. You can throw 3 out before I can stick out anything.

No worries dude, GGs. Cammy's normals are out of control. You can throw 3 out before I can stick out anything.
Yeah she can get away with some nonsense. I really need to start confirming some of my crouching medium kicks into arrow. That's a lot of damage that I'm leaving on the table. Was the connection alright for you? It was way better than usual for me aside from a couple of hiccups. I'm asking because I tried to play a couple of ranked matches and they were horribly laggy. So the battle lounge working that well was a flip flop.

Yeah she can get away with some nonsense. I really need to start confirming some of my crouching medium kicks into arrow. That's a lot of damage that I'm leaving on the table. Was the connection alright for you? It was way better than usual for me aside from a couple of hiccups. I'm asking because I tried to play a couple of ranked matches and they were horribly laggy. So the battle lounge working that well was a flip flop.

Yea, it was great on my end as well. I played another battle lounge after you left and it sucked.

Yea, it was great on my end as well. I played another battle lounge after you left and it sucked.
That is so weird. It obviously was due to this update. I wonder what the deal is.

That is so weird. It obviously was due to this update. I wonder what the deal is.

Each update brings with it a new surprise with Capcom. Hopefully their team up with the Tekken team will allow them to help fix this issue. I'm worried for MvC:I

Each update brings with it a new surprise with Capcom. Hopefully their team up with the Tekken team will allow them to help fix this issue. I'm worried for MvC:I

They're teaming up fix the netcode? Tekken 7's isn't much better.

Some say it's better on the PC, maybe due to less players.

I see. Yeah, neither of them have great netcode. People just like to bash SFV.

I've always wanted to play the Civ games, but never got around to it.

I see. Yeah, neither of them have great netcode. People just like to bash SFV.

I've always wanted to play the Civ games, but never got around to it.

That’s true. Everyone loves to hate on the game. I don’t think the internet was as robust as it was in 2008 when SFIV released, but if that game released today you would surely hear the same amount of complaints.

If you’re a history nut like I am, the Civilization games are a must. Building an empire from a caveman to space exploration is really kind of fun. You win the game through Science, Military, Religion and something else, I forget. It’s a great game to play for a while and then if you leave you can pick right back up. It’s not for everybody, but it’s a great game that makes you think.

That’s true. Everyone loves to hate on the game. I don’t think the internet was as robust as it was in 2008 when SFIV released, but if that game released today you would surely hear the same amount of complaints.

If you’re a history nut like I am, the Civilization games are a must. Building an empire from a caveman to space exploration is really kind of fun. You win the game through Science, Military, Religion and something else, I forget. It’s a great game to play for a while and then if you leave you can pick right back up. It’s not for everybody, but it’s a great game that makes you think.

Some of the hate is justified, but why hate on Capcom for one thing then shrug when other games have the same issue(s)?

Haha, the last strategy game I played was one of the Command and Conquers which I did enjoy. Speaking of games that make you think, I really enjoyed the Shadowgate remake that came out a couple of years ago. I loved those point and click games.

Some of the hate is justified, but why hate on Capcom for one thing then shrug when other games have the same issue(s)?

Haha, the last strategy game I played was one of the Command and Conquers which I did enjoy. Speaking of games that make you think, I really enjoyed the Shadowgate remake that came out a couple of years ago. I loved those point and click games.

That's true, I don't hear anything (or as much) on twitter about T7's netcode issues. To be fair, I don't really follow the T7 community as much as I do the SF one. I tend to follow just about every FG community, but the majority of my news feed is SF. Still, SF is regarded as a staple and people probably let things slide with other games but hold SF under a higher standard. I've never tried to point and click games, but I think I have a couple on my computer.

If anyone is interested I'll be doing a Battle Lounge tonight around 6:00pm. It's starting later because I have to get some projects done at work so I won't be home during my regular time. I've been starting to meet some new players in the SF universe so I'll probably invite them as well. It's always a crap shoot, but thought I would extend the invitation.

Picked up MvC3, KoF and GGxrd Rev. Figured, why not. I was watching some GG and it looked pretty fun. My Fighting game collection jumped big time with this Steam Sale. Wished they has IJ2.

That's true, I don't hear anything (or as much) on twitter about T7's netcode issues. To be fair, I don't really follow the T7 community as much as I do the SF one. I tend to follow just about every FG community, but the majority of my news feed is SF. Still, SF is regarded as a staple and people probably let things slide with other games but hold SF under a higher standard. I've never tried to point and click games, but I think I have a couple on my computer.

If anyone is interested I'll be doing a Battle Lounge tonight around 6:00pm. It's starting later because I have to get some projects done at work so I won't be home during my regular time. I've been starting to meet some new players in the SF universe so I'll probably invite them as well. It's always a crap shoot, but thought I would extend the invitation.

Tekken 7 has less modes than the previous ones. No replays, No lab, customization is crap, Treasure Battle is worse that Ghost Battle, Story mode is trash, etc. The gameplay, however, is great which is the most important thing.

Picked up MvC3, KoF and GGxrd Rev. Figured, why not. I was watching some GG and it looked pretty fun. My Fighting game collection jumped big time with this Steam Sale. Wished they has IJ2.

Not bad. I might jump on Rev 2 (you did get the update right?), but I already have the other two on console.

Not bad. I might jump on Rev 2 (you did get the update right?), but I already have the other two on console.

I haven't actually gotten it yet, but its in my cart. Which one will I need? Its GG xrd Revelator right? They have so many DLC packs, I just want to make sure I get the right one.

I haven't actually gotten it yet, but its in my cart. Which one will I need? Its GG xrd Revelator right? They have so many DLC packs, I just want to make sure I get the right one.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator 2 is the newest one. I know players who already had Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator can upgrade to Rev 2, but I don't know if you can buy it as a stand alone title.

Back