Street Fighter V v3: WTF Capcom?

Will an American take EVO this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone else feel that Capcom is getting rediculously out of touch with its fanbase? SF5 is a huge disappointment for me and I really don't have much faith in MvC:I based on what I been reading.

It’s hard to deny that Capcom threw SFV out there for the tournament players and not their casual fan base. It’s also very evident that they’re missing a lot of key things that AAA games should have. Injustice 2 looks so well done and T7 isn’t far behind. I wish there was a tournament mode in Battle Lounge (Like T7 will have I believe). They could have added frame data to help teach newer players. Country Flags / Restrictions in Ranked/Casual/Battle Lounge. Arcade Mode. Less 50/50s. The list goes on and on. I still love the game because I’m a street fighter fan. I’ll still play all the way through the updates. Hopefully they fine tune the game as a lot of pros have given their feedback and some say it’s made its way up to Capcom. Adding a deeper element like a new V-Trigger with 1 frame links or something to make the game a little more technical could help. There’s a lot of room for improvement and Capcom said they will support the game until 2020. And who knows, this might be the last Street Fighter we get for a while.

I wouldn’t be worried with MvC:I just yet though. This is another huge franchise and we can only hope that Capcom learned their lessons from last time.

On a side note, I find it funny that the rabbid Capcom fans who hated the release because of the lack of content are now bitching about the new balance and CFN update not being released on time. After the initial blow back from the release of SFV, Capcom made a statement saying they will never release a product until they believe its 100% finished.

It’s hard to deny that Capcom threw SFV out there for the tournament players and not their casual fan base. It’s also very evident that they’re missing a lot of key things that AAA games should have. Injustice 2 looks so well done and T7 isn’t far behind. I wish there was a tournament mode in Battle Lounge (Like T7 will have I believe). They could have added frame data to help teach newer players. Country Flags / Restrictions in Ranked/Casual/Battle Lounge. Arcade Mode. Less 50/50s. The list goes on and on. I still love the game because I’m a street fighter fan. I’ll still play all the way through the updates. Hopefully they fine tune the game as a lot of pros have given their feedback and some say it’s made its way up to Capcom. Adding a deeper element like a new V-Trigger with 1 frame links or something to make the game a little more technical could help. There’s a lot of room for improvement and Capcom said they will support the game until 2020. And who knows, this might be the last Street Fighter we get for a while.

I wouldn’t be worried with MvC:I just yet though. This is another huge franchise and we can only hope that Capcom learned their lessons from last time.

On a side note, I find it funny that the rabbid Capcom fans who hated the release because of the lack of content are now bitching about the new balance and CFN update not being released on time. After the initial blow back from the release of SFV, Capcom made a statement saying they will never release a product until they believe its 100% finished.

Funny thing is that it seems like a lot of tournament players don't like this game either. I've watched quite a few of Bornfree's interviews and they seem to shit on the game. FChamp flat out called the game shitty, lol.

Some of them do have a point about the randomness, wake up jabs, etc...

Funny thing is that it seems like a lot of tournament players don't like this game either. I've watched quite a few of Bornfree's interviews and they seem to shit on the game. FChamp flat out called the game shitty, lol.

Some of them do have a point about the randomness, wake up jabs, etc...

Yea, I've seen a couple of them. Bornfree said his interview with Bonchan made it all the way to Capcom. I'm thinking that S3 might turn some things around. But then again, its Capcom. I don't know how much of a change they can really implement. I loved the fact that they are adding in new moves (except for Cammy). Just knowing they have that ability gives me a little hope.

Yea, I've seen a couple of them. Bornfree said his interview with Bonchan made it all the way to Capcom. I'm thinking that S3 might turn some things around. But then again, its Capcom. I don't know how much of a change they can really implement. I loved the fact that they are adding in new moves (except for Cammy). Just knowing they have that ability gives me a little hope.

Never thought I'd say this, but maybe they should put Sagat in there. Most likely he wouldn't be the same anyway.

And I just looked up some ESL KOTH stuff. How did this guy end up there?

Some of his complaints are the same ones some of the other players have made so can't hate there.

Never thought I'd say this, but maybe they should put Sagat in there. Most likely he wouldn't be the same anyway.

And I just looked up some ESL KOTH stuff. How did this guy end up there?

Some of his complaints are the same ones some of the other players have made so can't hate there.

That was last week but I missed it. He didn't make it out of the first round because I watched the final FT10. I'm not a fan of his really, he doesn't seem like that nice of a person.

Btw, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Sagat.

That was last week but I missed it. He didn't make it out of the first round because I watched the final FT10. I'm not a fan of his really, he doesn't seem like that nice of a person.

Btw, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Sagat.

<{Heymansnicker}>

<mma4>

Now those games had some REAL trials, lol. A few of them took me a while to do.

I had so much fun with the gameplay as a kid. I also spent a lot of time on the Super Nintendo with the original Killer Instinct. That was also probably my favorite arcade game of all time. Nothing better than hitting an Ultra Combo in the 90's in the arcade. People could hear that from miles around. As far as other arcade fighters I played, I loved X-Men vs Capcom. Wolverine was my guy. His drill claw was such a great move. I stopped playing video games somewhat young, but still gave it a go when I had the time. I didn't pick up street fighter again until Vanilla SFIV. But even then, I would buy an Action RPG just to give it up and play more fighters. I'm still doing that today lol.

Uncharted 4? Bought and played but never finished.
Bloodborne? Bought and played but never finished.
Horizon? Bought and played but never finished.
Fallout 4? Bought and played but never finished.

I honestly think the last Action RPG game I finished was GoW 3. I bought advanced MW game but once I went to my buddies house and saw his 13 year old step son doing quick sniping I never played that game again.

SFV is what I spend my time playing if I'm playing something. I cant say the same when GoW 4 comes out and I may pick up Civ VI.

I had so much fun with the gameplay as a kid. I also spent a lot of time on the Super Nintendo with the original Killer Instinct. That was also probably my favorite arcade game of all time. Nothing better than hitting an Ultra Combo in the 90's in the arcade. People could hear that from miles around. As far as other arcade fighters I played, I loved X-Men vs Capcom. Wolverine was my guy. His drill claw was such a great move. I stopped playing video games somewhat young, but still gave it a go when I had the time. I didn't pick up street fighter again until Vanilla SFIV. But even then, I would buy an Action RPG just to give it up and play more fighters. I'm still doing that today lol.

Uncharted 4? Bought and played but never finished.
Bloodborne? Bought and played but never finished.
Horizon? Bought and played but never finished.
Fallout 4? Bought and played but never finished.

I honestly think the last Action RPG game I finished was GoW 3. I bought advanced MW game but once I went to my buddies house and saw his 13 year old step son doing quick sniping I never played that game again.

SFV is what I spend my time playing if I'm playing something. I cant say the same when GoW 4 comes out and I may pick up Civ VI.

X-Men vs Street Fighter is one that I play every once in a great while. Normally against a buddy who uses a keyboard.

As for Bloodborne, I forgot that I picked it up on a sale a while back. Thanks for reminding me, lol.

X-Men vs Street Fighter is one that I play every once in a great while. Normally against a buddy who uses a keyboard.

As for Bloodborne, I forgot that I picked it up on a sale a while back. Thanks for reminding me, lol.

Probably my favorite action RPG on the PS4 to date. Loved everything about that game.

I kept telling myself I was gonna try it, but something would come up or I'd just forget, lol.

I didn't even know what a souls game was. I read a review of it online and decided to buy it because I had a weak PS4 library. So glad I did, But I will be honest, I didn't get past the first part of the game for probably 5-7 hours lol. That game is HARD if you're not used to it. It takes a lot of patience.

I built a RetroPie recently and man I have to say, going back and playing all those old SF games felt good.

I haven't felt the urge to touch SFV in a while, DotA 2 has been taking up all my online gaming. It still feels like wasted potential to me. Especially the V-Gauge system.

Back