Street Fighter V v3: WTF Capcom?

Will an American take EVO this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really good interview. Talks about old school SF as well. Brought back memories of the crazy trials from the EX games and real thuggery, lol.

I'll be on today around 4:00 - 5:00pm PST. Let me know if you want to join. I can close the battle lounge or leave it open for an extra spot.

I'll be on today around 4:00 - 5:00pm PST. Let me know if you want to join. I can close the battle lounge or leave it open for an extra spot.

Yeah, I should be on. Probably closed since we don't know where these others players are from and this:

goku_flying___teleporting_animation_test_by_noedigjk471-d4q19eu_zps405e8651.gif

was ridiculous, lol.

Yeah, I should be on. Probably closed since we don't know where these others players are from and this:

goku_flying___teleporting_animation_test_by_noedigjk471-d4q19eu_zps405e8651.gif

was ridiculous, lol.

Haha no shit huh. I wonder if the new patch will have a region lock and not just display flags.

GGs. They need to do something with Ryu's V-Trigger. An extra electric fireball/DP or two would be nice.

GGs. They need to do something with Ryu's V-Trigger. An extra electric fireball/DP or two would be nice.

GG's dude. Buying my computer this weekend! No shit about Ryus VT. I hardly play any other character besides Ryu and just playing a little Balrog reminded me how shitty Ryus V-Trigger is. They could do so many things with it. Inv DP's during the full thing, fake fireballs, faster charge for a break etc. It's just not that scary of a thing and 99% of the time someone loses because of how quick it is. The speed is the only cool thing aside from the break. Other than that its a safe sweep mechanic.

GG's dude. Buying my computer this weekend! No shit about Ryus VT. I hardly play any other character besides Ryu and just playing a little Balrog reminded me how shitty Ryus V-Trigger is. They could do so many things with it. Inv DP's during the full thing, fake fireballs, faster charge for a break etc. It's just not that scary of a thing and 99% of the time someone loses because of how quick it is. The speed is the only cool thing aside from the break. Other than that its a safe sweep mechanic.

Nice! Gonna be jumping on those SFV mods?

Yeah, as you saw, I just used it mostly for guard break and safe sweeps. Since it's not going to be as ridiculous as Rog's or Urien's v-triggers, some buffs to it would be nice.

Nice! Gonna be jumping on those SFV mods?

Yeah, as you saw, I just used it mostly for guard break and safe sweeps. Since it's not going to be as ridiculous as Rog's or Urien's v-triggers, some buffs to it would be nice.

Yea, I cant wait to try them out. I'll also be loading up the other SF's game to play online. Hopefully I get someone from NK!

Question I just got a ps4 and got street fighter. I got the deluxe edition do stages not come with the season pass( ex like akumas is locked) and did i miss out on the halloween stage/costumes? is there a pack to buy a set of costumes instead of 3.99 for 1 lol thanks

Welcome! I believe that you can buy stages and some costumes with fight money. You can also buy different colors with fight money. The Halloween & Christmas costumes were only for a limited amount of time. I bet at some point they'll come back though.

Since you have bought the Delux (S1 Pass only?) then you only need the fight money for the S2 characters and stages. Easiest way for fight money is running through each fighters story. That should net you enough for all S2 characters. Then do all of the trials and that should net you enough for all of the stages. I do believe that some costumes are for purchase only and they go directly to the CPT. There's some really good players with a solid understanding of the game in here. Feel free to reach out when you need some help.

Typically we do a battle lounge Friday afternoon when others can play. Usually 4-5pm PST.

This is a great starting point for new players to SFV.
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/

Thanks for info I got the 80 dollar edition so it comes with season 1 & 2 characters Was wondering why stages where locked now i know tho lol. I finished all the character story modes last night got like 240 K fight money gonna spend then. I'm a fan of cosmetics sucks the holiday costumes/stages where timed some real cool ones but will save my wallet i guess. Thanks for the help and once i get a decent understanding of the game and PSPlus i will look forward joining in some battle lounges.

I like using Gief, tho to up my game to the next level, I need to get a proper arcade style joystick. Doing the spinning lariat on a control pad is too difficult to chain into combos.

I love the graphic style of the game, and the supers, but honestly there are countless things that bother me:
1) throws are too big a weapon. Even with full anticipation of blocking a jump in and than having my opponent throw me I find my opponents throw beats my attempted jab right after the block. I understand it's strategically better to just try to cancel the throw, but I just feel if I know exactly that my opponent iis going to try a throw, and I am using my quickest attack to counter it, I should be able to score some damage using it.
2) the catch up system is too strong (i.e. having vskill/special bars) -- seems like designed to help noobs
3) too many lame anti airs. Probably exacerbated by using Zangief but I get annoyed when a hulking characters jump attack gets canceled out by a small characters standing jab or mild uppercut
4) excessively long combos
I thnk a lot comes with how much even the slightest lag can impact games

Oh yeah, the main reason why I play this game is the time between online match ups let me do chores arond the house. So if I need to do Sunday cleaning, I play SF5 for a couple hours. It's amazing lol.

Yea, I cant wait to try them out. I'll also be loading up the other SF's game to play online. Hopefully I get someone from NK!

3rd Strike has the most players with ST coming in second. There's also some people who play the alpha games as well.

KOF2k2 and 98 seems to have the most players. I'm not on there that much at all, but I've never seen an american flag when I'm in those rooms.

Back