Stipe the overhyped champ vs DC

Stipe is much more talented then the rest of the division. That JDS fight I thought he got robbed anyways. If he beats Cormier I'd say he's the best HW of all time.
Change your name to “MMAPrepubescent”. So if Stipe beats a LHW who really should NOT even be the LHW champ(in reality) he should be considered the best HW of all time??
Cucks gonna cuck.

Ridiculous post.
1) "Out of prime" fighters is about 90% of the HW division.
2) You can't blame Stipe for the UFC rushing Ngannou to a title shot.
3) Stipe fights whoever they put in front of him. This is not like Bisping fighting 46 yr old Henderson.
4) He's beaten: Francis, JDS, Overeem, Werdum, Arlovski, Hunt. If you can find 6 better fights he should've taken at HW, please give us the details.

I don't think Stipe is overhyped. He's got the record for ufc hw title defenses, all of which were against top 5 competition, and he still has plenty of guys like you saying he's not that good.
Whose record did Stipe tie for this honor?? Wait for it.....Timmeh Sylvia.

Ridiculous post.
1) "Out of prime" fighters is about 90% of the HW division.
2) You can't blame Stipe for the UFC rushing Ngannou to a title shot.
3) Stipe fights whoever they put in front of him. This is not like Bisping fighting 46 yr old Henderson.
4) He's beaten: Francis, JDS, Overeem, Werdum, Arlovski, Hunt. If you can find 6 better fights he should've taken at HW, please give us the details.
Timing is kind of important you know....or do you regard Danny Williams a better fighter than Mike Tyson?

I will agree that nothing about Stipe is elite but if you are going to be critical of Miocic and argue that he is not up there with those other guys(Couture? Seriously?), then you should also mention that DC is a paper champ who has his belt by default.
DC a papar champ? Lmaooo!! Wow somebody held the crack pipe alittle long.
Stipe been beaten twice and the fighters who beat him were not top 5 in the world. DC has only been beaten by one guy.

Not sure what DC has done any better.

His signature win is Rumble. He arguably lost to Gus.

DC fights washed up guys too like Hendo and last minute Anderson.

At HW he only beat Mir and Nelson in the ufc.

Stipe looks better IMO
DC has fought more younger opponents then Stipe. DC has only lost to the goat Bones. While Stipe has lost twice to lower level HWs. Facts!

DC a papar champ? Lmaooo!! Wow somebody held the crack pipe alittle long.
Stipe been beaten twice and the fighters who beat him were not top 5 in the world. DC has only been beaten by one guy.
Exactly idiot, the guy that dominated and KO’d him is the real champ. DC knows this as well. He can keep beating the Rumbles and Vulkans, he got humiliated when it mattered. Don’t bring up roids either you dope, JDS as well as Werdum have both popped as well and Stipe still beat them.

Through out the history of mma we've had goats like Fedor and greats like Big Nog, Randy Couture and Werdum.
Just dont feel Stipe is up there w/wht these champs have done.

Beating Overeem and Hunt who are 2 old Pride dinosaurs.
Beating Werdum who got caught cuz he was reckless.
Beating Francis who was dangerous but inexperienced.
Stipe is tied 1-1 with JDS.

Dana is not going to be happy til that belt is off Stipe.
Looking at this gives me the feeling DC will beat Stipe. DC wont be out wrestled and his chin stood up against Rumble and Volkan,so that wont work.

The irony in this post is that DC is even more overrated than Stipe.

He got a good win against Bigfoot
He beat a washed up Barnett
He beat a washed up Mir
he squeaked by a decision against Gus
Beat crumble twice

He has 3 good wins. Gus, Bigfoot, and the first Rumble fight.

Then you have all these people saying DC would be HW champ despite him only having one good win in the division in big foot. The rest of those guys were fat and washed up.

DC is by far the most overrated fighter in MMA. Can't wait to see Stipe faceplant him into retirement.

Last edited:
Through out the history of mma we've had goats like Fedor and greats like Big Nog, Randy Couture and Werdum.
Just dont feel Stipe is up there w/wht these champs have done.

Beating Overeem and Hunt who are 2 old Pride dinosaurs.
Beating Werdum who got caught cuz he was reckless.
Beating Francis who was dangerous but inexperienced.
Stipe is tied 1-1 with JDS.

Looking at this gives me the feeling DC will beat Stipe. DC wont be out wrestled and his chin stood up against Rumble and Volkan,so that wont work.

LOL @ Overyhped. What a knucklehead thing to say. Overyhyped is when someone does not have a record of performance and victories over credible opponents that matches the general sense of their status as a fighter.

Stipe has decisively beaten the elite of the division. And he fights regularly. He has earned every single scrap of whatever hype he has. Even after having defended the belt a couple times he was the underdog against Ngannou.

Stipe's main problem is his refusal to promote the fight...he does his thing, then goes back to his blue collar job...which I personally think is a mistake.

If anything about Stipe is overhyped it's his current "career" as a fireman.

Based on various things I have read the guy puts in very little time at the station house per year. The department holds his job for him because it's great PR for the city. But they grant him unlimited unpaid time off to fulfill his duties as a fighter.

He knocked Werdum dead but he’s not up there with him? OK. Pretty sure he has more defenses than anybody.

And who exactly should have that belt other than him that would make the UFC so happy? DC is on record that he is retiring within six months here. Francis Got his ass whooped..

I hope this is a troll post. Stipe has never gotten hype, and instead his reputation is based solely on his record setting accomplishments.

DC is the way too hyped one

He’s fought over the hill heavy weights and one dimensional light heavy weights . Patrick Cummins . Volkan. 50 year old middle Wright Anderson

Gimme a break

I think this matchup boils down to stipe is bigger and hits harder and won’t get wrestlefucked

If anything about Stipe is overhyped it's his current "career" as a fireman.

Based on various things I have read the guy puts in very little time at the station house per year. The department holds his job for him because it's great PR for the city. But they grant him unlimited unpaid time off to fulfill his duties as a fighter.

Those guys only work 2 days per week right...but they are on those entire 2 days at any hour.

The UFC has a promotional team who job is to promote and they suck balls at it. It's not like Michael Jordan is oozing with Charisma. Nike and the NBA promoted the shit out of him.

Oh I disagree...jordan had a ton of charisma...on court and off...but just what he did on court was enough...he was way more outspoken than stipe...

Overhyped?

He is the most shit on HW champ since Sylvia. He holds the HW record for defense and knocks most guys out and people still shit on him. He constantly gets bashed for not drawing well despite the UFC only having like three noteworthy draws alltogether.

Overhyped my ass. He might be the most underrated HW champ ever looking at what he has done.

Stipe haters are pathetic.
I think it also has a lot to do with his fighting style.

People don't like it because there isn't a whole lot of looping overhands. There aren't too many wild uppercuts. There isn't really any moment where he is out of control and attacking recklessly.
Add into it his nonchalant personality, and he isn't pleasing or appealing to people as the baddest man on the planet. That whole nonchalant thing would be cool if you saw someone beat a bunch of guys at your local bar, but people want a crazed lunatic or loudmouth asshole as the heavyweight champion.

He's defended his strap the most of any HW in the histor of the UFC.

Beat killers and all time greats in the likes of JDS, Werdum, Overeem, Ngannou, Hunt, etc.

3 out of 4 of his title wins coming by way of KO in the first.

Stipe if anything is underrated and with a win over DC, will go down as the best HW in my books.

These are some of the dumbest threads on sherdog. "Let me go through fighters' records and find ways to discredit wins over established guys and make excuses for defeats, or vice versa." It's been done a million times and is always idiotic. You're trying to discredit Overeem, Werdum and Mark Hunt? Are you a noob? Those are 3 of the top 10 or 15 HWs of all time, and a washed-up Mark Hunt still hits harder than pretty much anyone on the current roster.

I am not even a Stipe fan and I still find this take intolerably stupid

Back