Stipe the overhyped champ vs DC

no, the 1st JDS was not that close, it was realistically close during 2.5 rounds b4 Miocis started gassing.

No way Miocic could have won Rd 3-4-5....
I'll grant you that it's been a long time since I've watched it, but I did watch it live, and remembering back I always thought Stipe won.

First of all, I know the difference between objective and subjective. It seems you don't and heres why.

The most important thing you seem to forget is that MMA rankings themselves are not objective.

You make the statement that objectively speaking, Brock Lesnar and Bigfoot are equal wins to Overeem and JDS. That is false. The only thing objective about it is that they were all ranked in the top 5 at the time of each win.

To put it simply, these are NOT objectively indentical accomplishments. The objective argument actually FAVORS Stipe because he has more consecutive defenses whereas Cain has a loss in between these wins and thus, is an objectively a less accomplished champion that Stipe. These are the objective takes.

The subjective takes would be the quality of each individual win. And a ranking does not objectively dictate the quality of a win because, again, the rankings themselves are not objective.
I literally listed them in order.

Werdum and JDS are equal as both of them were champions
Overeem and Brock are equal
JDS and JDS is the same
Bigfoot and Ngannou are equal

And before you jump in with your "oh but Reem kicked Brock in the stomach" stuff, JDS knocked Werdum the fuck out so shut up.
All 4 of those wins are equal.

And Francis' best wins are Overeem and Arlovski.
Do you want to know who else beat Reem and Arlvoski? Bigfoot Silva.

Cain and Stipe have identical victories and their opponents have identical resumes.
Despite this you campaign as one as the HW GOAT while the other is a nobody.

I literally listed them in order.

Werdum and JDS are equal as both of them were champions
Overeem and Brock are equal
JDS and JDS is the same

And before you jump in with your "oh but Reem kicked Brock in the stomach" stuff, JDS knocked Werdum the fuck out so shut up.
All 4 of those wins are equal.

And Francis' best wins are Overeem and Arlovski.
Do you want to know who else beat Reem and Arlvoski? Bigfoot Silva.

Cain and Stipe have identical victories and their opponents have identical resumes.
Despite this you campaign as one as the HW GOAT while the other is a nobody.
But Overeem and Brock are positively not equal

Bigfoot and Ngannou and positively not equal

Stipe and Cain positively do not have identical victories or resumes

None of that is true

no, the 1st JDS was not that close, it was realistically close during 2.5 rounds b4 Miocis started gassing.

No way Miocic could have won Rd 3-4-5....
A lot of people scored some of those last rounds for Stipe, FYI... I believe five was one of them

That kind of thread where the troll/dumb TS is trying to devalue every win of the fighter he's bashing.

It's an easy game, you can do that with everyone.

How is he overhyped?
People keep backing against him but he finds a way to win.

Ps- I think cormier takes it but stipe is a great champ

pcpElI5.png

During 2.5 rounds, I agree.

JDS probably took rounds 3,4 and 5 but that round 5 was really close. JDS might have had number of strikes on his side and Miocic had agression, cage control and I think did more damage. JDS started nice in the rematch with those calf kicks but Stipe was a bit lucky and of course nowadays he is a straight up killer with his boxing.

Just like I said. Miocic was more accurate with head shots and dominated the clinch. JDS probably did enough to take a UD because of the numbers. The damage in his face and Stipe's pressure even after he was totally gassed seem to have made fans think this was closer than the numbers suggest. Judging is a subjective tricky thing. Whittaker outlanded Romero in round 4 but IMO it's not a sin if you give it to Romero.

thats how fights are scored now, by rounds. i know ur a pride guy and jds would have won a unanimous decision (also won a UD in this case) but 48-47 was the right score. he only 1 by 1 round. lost the first half of the fight and won the last half
Im actually a Pancrase/Rings dude.

ok either 48-47 or 49-46,but some people here are tryin´ to say that Miocic could have won or was robbed...

ok either 48-47 or 49-46,but some people here are tryin´ to say that Miocic could have won or was robbed...
eh, id have to rewatch again but i had it 3-2 jds and i recall watching live and thinking how close it was since stipe won the first few and jds was coming back at the end. im sure if u nitpick the rules and look at octagon control, aggression etc. shit like that u can argue a 3rd for stipe

eh, id have to rewatch again but i had it 3-2 jds and i recall watching live and thinking how close it was since stipe won the first few and jds was coming back at the end. im sure if u nitpick the rules and look at octagon control, aggression etc. shit like that u can argue a 3rd for stipe
might be a reach... and there´s the KD too...

Overhyped?

He is the most shit on HW champ since Sylvia. He holds the HW record for defense and knocks most guys out and people still shit on him. He constantly gets bashed for not drawing well despite the UFC only having like three noteworthy draws alltogether.

Overhyped my ass. He might be the most underrated HW champ ever looking at what he has done.

Stipe haters are pathetic.

I think a lot of the hate comes from Fedor fans that donltwant anyone getting close to their god.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back