Stipe beat “old and out of prime fighters”

theres no takedown for nog, no chance standing

theres no takedown for fedor, slight chance standing, but almost certainly a loss

stipe could potentially beat CC standing, will probably take him down and finish him

wont even entertain the rest. UFC Champ werdum beats all these guys as well.

In 2005 man? Really?
Fedor throws him like a child or knocks him out
Nog with a chin don't forget, Nog had hands for DAYS
CC would add him to the HL reel
Werdum was green as shit back then I think Stipe would beat him

In 2005 man? Really?
Fedor throws him like a child or knocks him out
Nog with a chin don't forget, Nog had hands for DAYS
CC would add him to the HL reel
Werdum was green as shit back then I think Stipe would beat him
fedor doesnt get close without eating a bomb. too small, too reckless. sloppy hands.

nog was never even close to the boxer stipe is now and hes much smaller as well. no chance at a takedown. stipe could also just lay in his guard like fedor did.

CC is extremely dangerous but cant stop the takedown imo. this is the worst match up for stipe of the bunch.

and i was talking about the werdum that beat cain and lost to stipe... that werdum would probably beat all these guys as well. 2017 overeem also would have a great chance.

fedor doesnt get close without eating a bomb. too small, too reckless. sloppy hands.

nog was never even close to the boxer stipe is now and hes much smaller as well. no chance at a takedown. stipe could also just lay in his guard like fedor did.

CC is extremely dangerous but cant stop the takedown imo. this is the worst match up for stipe of the bunch.

and i was talking about the werdum that beat cain and lost to stipe... that werdum would probably beat all these guys as well. 2017 overeem also would have a great chance.

No hate
Just love

But you're wrong as fuck
<Dany07>

It's still REAL TO ME DAMMIT
to me, the craziest one is nog

like, fedor had power and super fast hands. so i can see why people might think he could land something... i dont see the takedown so much, i think stipe's footwork, strength and D1 background would keep him out of trouble there. but i can kinda see how people would think he could catch stipe with a big punch and rock him enough to get a finish one way or another. i still think stipe would win, probably by TKO stemming from a punch standing.

cro cop, super dangerous striker with solid takedown defense... if you go back years into my account, i said JDS was the toughest match up for stipe in the division for the same reasons. solid striking technique, big power, amazing TDD. its not good for stipe, particularly at the time stipe first fought him. but with cro cop, i think the takedown is easier to come by (as opposed to junior) and i dont believe stipe would be quite as complacent as fedor was in cro cops guard. Cro cop has a solid guard and super solid guard retention, but stipe has proven to be a nightmare and immediate danger to anyone who finds themselves under him. i think the TKO comes from top position.

but nog? no takedowns.... decent striking but not imminently dangerous, much smaller... hed get pieced the fuck up. its almost like the werdum fight but less striking tools and smaller. terrible match up for nog. i assume nog wouldnt panic like werdum did and try to head hunt so maybe a longer fight, but a similar match up and a dominant decision if not a (T)KO at any point during an exchange.

i know this probably doesnt mean shit to you, but just giving you a window into how i see things.

final thought, one of stipe's best (and also most slept on) attributes is his footwork. hes able to stay out of range while cutting you off and coming toward you. he picks his shots well. thats how he dominated a terrified jds the second time around. its the same reason overeem was so uncomfortable standing and its the reason werdum panicked and rushed in looking for something, anything. stipe is a scary guy to be in there with, you can tell by his opponents' body language and actions.

How? Everything in there is true. Did stipe fight older guys with a ton of mileage? Yes. Are Cain and werdum considered to be the best hws ever? Yes by most people.
The fuck are you talking about
Cain is literally the 2nd best HW ever

Cain has an extremely average HW resume at
HW in terms of a GOAT arguement. Best wins are JDS and Brock Lesnar, whereas Stipe has fought straight killers in almost every fight. He easily has the best HW resume of all time excluding Fedor.
Not to mention Cain fights only 1x a decade and always looks like a sloppy mess when he's in there.

Cain has this weird hype behind him on Sherdog because Joe Rogan likes to blow him on his Podcast whenever mentioning Heavyweights, when in reality hes barely a top 10 all time.

HW in terms of a GOAT arguement. Best wins are JDS and Brock Lesnar, whereas Stipe has fought straight killers in almost every fight. He easily has the best HW resume of all time excluding Fedor.
Not to mention Cain fights only 1x a decade and always looks like a sloppy mess when he's in there.

Cain has this weird hype behind him on Sherdog because Joe Rogan likes to blow him on his Podcast whenever mentioning Heavyweights, when in reality hes barely a top 10 all time.

Did you miss the part where he executed JDS twice?
The same JDS that murdered the entire division
A JDS in his prime?

Sit down you clown

Did you miss the part where he executed JDS twice?
The same JDS that murdered the entire division
A JDS in his prime?

Sit down you clown

I remember Cain getting wrecked by Werdum followed by Werdum and JDS getting wrecked by Stipe.

Stipe does not have the best resume of all time, on paper it's good and then you realize half the guys were 37 and older and had ton of miles on them. Imo it's pretty undebatable that werdum does. He's finished all the other hw goat candidates in fedor Cain and nog. Also beat reem, Nelson, hunt, Bigfoot.

Stipe does not have the best resume of all time, on paper it's good and then you realize half the guys were 37 and older and had ton of miles on them. Imo it's pretty undebatable that werdum does. He's finished all the other hw goat candidates in fedor Cain and nog. Also beat reem, Nelson, hunt, Bigfoot.
Cain and Nog are not HW GOATs. At all.

Dude I'm a fan of his but this is ridiculous. He beat 2 war-torn veterans one of who can barely take a single punch these days, and a guy with very little mma experience. He does not have as great a resume as it is on paper. He's good but I still have Cain and werdum above him for best hws.
Cain is the most overrated heavyweight of all time. Pretty low standards if all you have to do is bigfoot silva and jds two times over and literally no one else in what felt like a five year span.

Cain is the most overrated heavyweight of all time. Pretty low standards if all you have to do is bigfoot silva and jds two times over and literally no one else in what felt like a five year span.
He is overhyped on here but he is one of the best hws. I'd rank him over stipe. But yeah imo werdum is the goat hw since he subbed Cain, nog, and fedor. Also beat hunt, Bigfoot, Nelson

Back