Stipe beat “old and out of prime fighters”

3sumrock

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
stipe haters and some insecure fedor fans always say this and nitpick every stipe career without looking at the actual facts and stats.so heres the reality
*Overeem just beat arlovski and jds and on 4 fight winning streak And its in his eco form.i world even argues ecoreem is better than ubereem base on the werdum fight.
* arlovski was on 6 fight winning streak when he fought stipe,even more than when he fought arlovski.
* Ngannou was 9 fight winning streak and just destroyed arlovski,overeem and curtis.
*jds was looking amazing in Rothwell fight before he fought stipe.even though that’s not prime jds but he’s still amazing.
* mark hunt was still good and stipe just easily dominated him
*werdum Just beat Cain and was in his prime when he fought stipe.
*roy Nelson was still good and is on 3 fight winning streak

3 title defense: more than any others hws include fedor

PS: And here’s a video explain or make a argument why stipe is the hw goat.and seem like a lot of people agree stipe is the hw goat base on the likes-dislikes ratio and comments

Dude I'm a fan of his but this is ridiculous. He beat 2 war-torn veterans one of who can barely take a single punch these days, and a guy with very little mma experience. He does not have as great a resume as it is on paper. He's good but I still have Cain and werdum above him for best hws.

Dude I'm a fan of his but this is ridiculous. He beat 2 war-torn veterans one of who can barely take a single punch these days, and a guy with very little mma experience. He does not have as great a resume as it is on paper. He's good but I still have Cain and werdum above him for best hws.
So you just skip the entire point of this thread and write a ignorant comment that 5 years can just do a little bit of research to know how braindead your comment is

Stipe looks clueless on the ground. He put himself into half guard when he was already in side control lol

miocic-werdum-3.gif

Hunt's biggest accomplishment was in 2001, becoming a K-1 champion. Stipe beat Hunt in 2015. That's 14 years later.
Arlovski's biggest accomplishment was in 2005, becoming the UFC HW champion and defending it twice in that year. Stipe beat Andrei in 2016. That's 11 years later.

People rip on Fedor for beating an old Mark Coleman in 2006, who was 6 years removed from winning the 2000 PRIDE GP.
If you don't think people are going to rip on Stipe for beating even older fighters you've got another thing coming.

Stipe looks clueless on the ground. He put himself into half guard when he was already in side control lol
A lot of wrestlers prefer half guard to side control, because it's a more natural position for them while also being able to land ground and pound. Brock beat the absolute shit out of Mir in half guard; he wouldn't have been able to do that in side control.

They can coexist. Moreover Stipes already in the GOAT HW discussion.

Hunt's biggest accomplishment was in 2001, becoming a K-1 champion. Stipe beat Hunt in 2015. That's 14 years later.
Arlovski's biggest accomplishment was in 2005, becoming the UFC HW champion and defending it twice in that year. Stipe beat Andrei in 2016. That's 11 years later.

People rip on Fedor for beating an old Mark Coleman, who was 6 years removed from winning the 2000 PRIDE GP.
If you don't think people are going to rip on Stipe for beating even older fighters you've got another thing coming.
Wow what a way to be ignorant
1:Mark hunt basically got no ground game when he fought fedor.literally almost none.
And we are talking about mma not hunt kickboxing resume

2: once again.you completely ignore the fact that arlovski was on 6 fight winning streak.even more than when he fought fedor

3:let’s be honest,no one mention Tim,randleman and Coleman was not in their prime when he fought fedor

Stipe's legit, and I am super stoked for his fight with Cormier. I feel that fight is gonna answer a lot of questions about both fighters.

Wow what a way to be ignorant
1:Mark hunt basically got no ground game when he fought fedor.literally almost none.
And we are talking about mma not hunt kickboxing resume

2: once again.you completely ignore the fact that arlovski was on 6 fight winning streak.even more than when he fought fedor

3:let’s be honest,no one mention Tim,randleman and Coleman was not in their prime when he fought fedor
Fedor was on a 5 fight win streak from 2011 to 2016.... It didn't mean he was any good in 2016, or now. He's fucking old dude.
Get a clue.

Stipe's legit, and I am super stoked for his fight with Cormier. I feel that fight is gonna answer a lot of questions about both fighters.
It won't answer any questions. If Stipe wins people are going to say it's because he was much bigger.

Fedor was on a 5 fight win streak from 2011 to 2016.... It didn't mean he was any good in 2016, or now. He's fucking old dude.
Get a clue.
And what does that have to do with arlovski again?is not like arlovski was 40 and not 36 when he fought stipe
Remember hendo? He was 40 when he ktfo fedor.

This argument is actually weird because

One one end some of these fighters were out of their prime when they fought Stipe

Yet were still better versions of themselves than in pride

For example

Mark hunt in todays UFC even at 40 years old is lightyears ahead of the hunt in pride

Overeem today is better than he was in pride by a longshot

And so is Werdum

But their still out of their prime somehow {<huh}

All I know is if Fedor was fighting in this division even as weak as it is, he wouldn't be nearly as dominant. He'd have a record similar to JDS or Cain

Poor OP doesnt know, and will never learn, what "prime" means.

This argument is actually weird because

One one end some of these fighters were out of their prime when they fought Stipe

Yet were still better versions of themselves than in pride

For example

Mark hunt in todays UFC even at 40 years old is lightyears ahead of the hunt in pride

Overeem today is better than he was in pride by a longshot

And so is Werdum

But their still out of their prime somehow {<huh}

All I know is if Fedor was fighting in this division even as weak as it is, he wouldn't be nearly as dominant. He'd have a record similar to JDS or Cain
Winning doesnt mean you´re still in your prime.

usehead 2.gif

im not sure anyone can realistically say that, blokes a clear gun

i think couture was talking about half guard being a preferable position for wrestlers sometimes since it's easier to gnp while maintaining control
stipe ofc didn't want to risk ngannou getting up any more times than he had to

Back