Stipe’s win streak

Cain was gassed due to elevation, Werdum had already been there, training and getting used to fighting at elevation. Sea Level Cain is the best heavyweight of this decade IMO and he would've ran through Werdum had he been 100%.

Too bad we have to go with actual records, and not made up ones of what could have been. He has wins over Bigfoot and JDS and Browne in like the last ten years, not exactly the best......

Too bad we have to go with actual records, and not made up ones of what could have been. He has wins over Bigfoot and JDS and Browne in like the last ten years, not exactly the best......
Lmao he beat JDS when he was at his best, twice. Stipe beat a Post USADA JDS that was very chinny.

Nostalgic Fedor fans need to hop on the Stipe bangwagon. He is the man.

hunt was NOT green at all, the guy was a K1 elite level striker even back then.

Which is why I said he was dangerous on the feet. His wrestling/bjj were very weak then, which is why he got subbed left right and center.

He still can't fight on the ground.

And his striking is less dangerous than it was when he wasn't like 45 years old.

Disagree with both your points. He’s much improved on the ground now, he hasn’t been submitted since McCorkle Kimurad him I believe.

If anything his striking became way more dangerous in the ufc, because he started one shot koing everyone, which he didn’t do in pride at all.

No, contextually, it's not.

But you'll nuthug over Stipe any way you can lol

Nog has far better wins than Stipe does.
straight up kidding yourself
Cain was gassed due to elevation, Werdum had already been there, training and getting used to fighting at elevation. Sea Level Cain is the best heavyweight of this decade IMO and he would've ran through Werdum had he been 100%.
even if he did 'gas due to elevation', how does that excuse him being way more damaged after one round? he ate far bigger shots and went into his corner with far more damage than werdum. that also affects your gas tank.

he got flat out beat up standing. he wasnt as good as werdum, especially in the clinch.

even if he did 'gas due to elevation', how does that excuse him being way more damaged after one round? he ate far bigger shots and went into his corner with far more damage than werdum. that also affects your gas tank.

he got flat out beat up standing. he wasnt as good as werdum, especially in the clinch.
You ever been gassed before? when you are gassed, you're tired af, you're sloppy and technique really just flies out the window. that's how "Sea Level Cain" got started. Cain wasn't 100% all there with his cardio, Werdum was already at an advantage prior to the fight, like I said, because, Werdum already traveled to Mexico and was training at Elevation and getting used to the altitude.

So in all, Cain's cardio wasn't up to par with Werdum's, therefore leading him to be badly gassed and that's not usual, because, Cain is known as the "Cardio King"

You ever been gassed before? when you are gassed, you're tired af, you're sloppy and technique really just flies out the window. that's how "Sea Level Cain" got started. Cain wasn't 100% all there with his cardio, Werdum was already at an advantage prior to the fight, like I said, because, Werdum already traveled to Mexico and was training at Elevation and getting used to the altitude.

So in all, Cain's cardio wasn't up to par with Werdum's, therefore leading him to be badly gassed and that's not usual, because, Cain is known as the "Cardio King"
ive been gassed many times many times in the gym. sometimes because i wasnt prepared and sometimes cuz i was just getting beat up. cain got beat up in the opening round.

ive been gassed many times many times in the gym. sometimes because i wasnt prepared and sometimes cuz i was just getting beat up. cain got beat up in the opening round.
Because he was gassed. the warm up leading up to the fight could've had an effect on it too. you could tell that wasn't the cardio Cain we're used to, he was majorly gassed out and it lead to him getting peppered with shots, sloppy punches, etc.

Stipe has the Jon Jones thing going where on paper, his resume looks amazing and is full of legends and big names. In reality, like Jones, he's beating them all when they are in the twilight of their career. He doesn't have a win over a single guy in their prime.

If this was 2010 and he had those names, it would be super impressive. In 2018, it's just a resume full of old guys. It's not his fault, it's just the state of the HW division.

Yup.

4-2 against fighters his age or younger.

8-0 against older fighters.

Stipe has the Jon Jones thing going where on paper, his resume looks amazing and is full of legends and big names. In reality, like Jones, he's beating them all when they are in the twilight of their career. He doesn't have a win over a single guy in their prime.

If this was 2010 and he had those names, it would be super impressive. In 2018, it's just a resume full of old guys. It's not his fault, it's just the state of the HW division.
i see what you're saying - but comeon gotta gives jones credit for machida, evans, dc, and gus. vitor prob too since it was TRT Vitor, even if he was old. iffy on shogun since he was hurt and really looked like ass after that fight. he had enough in him to beat machida and then he fell off a cliff

People laughing at "prime" Werdum.. despite him being on a long win streak.. the actual freaking champ.. who had just absolutely murked cain

When was his fucking prime then??

Disagree with both your points. He’s much improved on the ground now, he hasn’t been submitted since McCorkle Kimurad him I believe.

If anything his striking became way more dangerous in the ufc, because he started one shot koing everyone, which he didn’t do in pride at all.

He loses to everybody that can take him down. He was always that way and still is.

Mark Hunt has always been a KO machine. He KO"ed everybody in Pride except Crocop and Wanderlei too.

Straight up nuthugging.

As usual.

i see what you're saying - but comeon gotta gives jones credit for machida, evans, dc, and gus. vitor prob too since it was TRT Vitor, even if he was old. iffy on shogun since he was hurt and really looked like ass after that fight. he had enough in him to beat machida and then he fell off a cliff

Jones is great. He was first to finish a lot of these guys so that says something. None of them were in their prime though. Like Stipe though, it's not his fault. I still give him a ton of credit for submitting guys like Machida, Rampage and Vitor. When he fought someone his own age and size though in Gus, he arguably lost the fight.

I think DC is going to give Stipe a really tough fight but I'm sad it's 40 year old DC. Outside of DC and maybe Cain (who has a full grey beard now), there's no one at HW that's going to give Stipe trouble. They are all old, green or just aren't very good. Blaydes, Tybura, Willis? If these guys are the future, Stipe will retire with the belt.

There's one dark horse out there though...

OLEINIK_ALESKEI.png

People acting like the elevation was only impacting Cain, like Werdum was hitting Cain from another dimension from sea level...

Fact is, both Werdum and Cain fought that night in elevation and one of the two got mauled.

He loses to everybody that can take him down. He was always that way and still is.

Mark Hunt has always been a KO machine. He KO"ed everybody in Pride except Crocop and Wanderlei too.

Lmao clearly you’ve never seen Hunts pride fights. He has one ko in pride, and even then nishijima never was out cold from the punch.

You know jackshit about what you’re talking about, go watch fights instead of looking at fight finder

Stipe’s six fight win streak is pretty impressive if you look at the numbers.

Tkos ultra tough Mark Hunt in Hunts backyard, tkos Arlovski who was on a six fight win streak, ktfos prime Werdum, ktfos Overeem who was on a four fight win streak, avenges previous decision loss to JDS with a first round tko, and then cruises to a five round dominant decision over Dana’s golden boy Ngannou.

If he adds DC to the list he easily deserves to be discussed as one of the greatest of all time.
Now add a TKO over DC, a TKO of Volkov, KO of Blaydes, and possible TKOs of Lesnar and Cain ;)

tellme.jpg

Back