Steph Curry to sign a 5 year $201M deal

He actually could have signed for more, but gave them a slight hometown discount. John Wall will end up making about $2M more per year when he signs his extension with the Wizards. This is very well deserved and the Warriors were still able to sign Iggy and will be able to bring back Durant as well. Good for him.
He didn't need to take a paycut for them to sign iggy. They had his bird rights. It just enabled their cheap owners from having to pay more luxury tax

If this doesn't work out for him he can go on the next HW season of TUF for a shot at a six-figure contract.

Six figure contract? More like a book of 50% off Heebok coupons and some $8K sponsorship bonus.

With a name like Stephanie I can only awesome she plays for the Lynx. Glad she's going to be able to support herself with this money.

How can somebody be too "injury prone" to play basketball ffs.

All they do is run up and down and jump.

I was among them. I thought he was made of glass. I also was dead wrong on the rise of Downtown Moneyball in the NBA. My whole life it was: if you live by the 3, die by the 3...you're gonna die by the 3.

So, yeah, holy fucking shit.
Not surprising you're <TrumpWrong1> on so many things yet again Micky.

<LucyBless>

So much for taking less to make cap room.

He didn't need to take a paycut for them to sign iggy. They had his bird rights. It just enabled their cheap owners from having to pay more luxury tax
Yeah, I knew that already. Was just stating that he took slightly less than he could have and they were still able to bring everybody back. I knew that Iggy was more tied into Durant, so they held off signing Durant so they could sign Iggy first. Durant will take even more less, as he should since he's the new guy in town.

So much for taking less to make cap room.
171927.jpg

It's less than half of Durant's and only slightly more than Iggy's. Homeboy definitely deserved to FINALLY get paid.
They all could have made a little less to make cap space. Especially if the team is going after Vince Carter and Nick Young. I mean can he even feel a difference between 36 million and 40 million?

It's not like 36k and 40k?

They all could have made a little less to make cap space. Especially if the team is going after Vince Carter and Nick Young. I mean can he even feel a difference between 36 million and 40 million?

It's not like 36k and 40k?
Dude, you're just not getting it. Curry could have taken the max and it wouldn't have effected them signing anyone else at all. He was a nice enough guy to still take a little less than he could have got, just to help the owners with the luxury tax. Durant was the one that actually mattered, so he held off signing until they signed Iggy first and now will take even less than Curry. But Curry deserves to be paid more because he was the most underpaid guy in the league for four years and he won a championship even before Durant.

Dude, you're just not getting it. Curry could have taken the max and it wouldn't have effected them signing anyone else at all. He was a nice enough guy to still take a little less than he could have got, just to help the owners with the luxury tax. Durant was the one that actually mattered, so he held off signing until they signed Iggy first and now will take even less than Curry. But Curry deserves to be paid more because he was the most underpaid guy in the league for four years and he won a championship even before Durant.
Curry just took the max. ESPN is calling it a "supermax" contract.

I don't think you got my original statement.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...nks-super-max-contract-five-years-201-million

I bet you his dad jumped higher then he ever did when he was in the NBA when he heard the news.

But does he get locker room bonuses from Dana?

A lot of money but in Europe they been paying footballers "soccer players" more then 34 million for some time. They also don't play over 80 games a year.

No doubt a crazy amount of money but the fact that they have like a 120 million a year cap it can make it hard on getting other quality players. KG for instance took 9 million less to keep their top 5 together.

Even then the team could get hit with a 17 million a year penalty.

But does he get locker room bonuses from Dana?
Fun fact Floyd Mayweather made 235 million for one fight were it took Grant Hill like 18 years to make over 200 million in the NBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back