Steph Curry to sign a 5 year $201M deal

Good for him. He has really helped the franchise.

well he ain't no Bosh...

It's actually a 3 year split of 18 month variable rate they're paying him. He couldn't assign a representative payee and that supposedly cost him a couple of points over the entire spread. But let's be honest, Alpha, we know it will be an 1/8th of a point at most. It's not Bosh's deal but it also doesn't have him signing 2 covenant agreements for a simple payout between him and the league's comptroller which would only lead to a bit skimming on the deals 'underbelly'. But, be that as it may, a negotiation like that can only avoid loggerheads if they can bypass the negotiators dispute over the fiduciary rights assigned to the gifting agent.

lebron-makes-stephen-curry-his-son.gif

Fun fact Floyd Mayweather made 235 million for one fight were it took Grant Hill like 18 years to make over 200 million in the NBA.
Floyd is arguably the greatest boxer of all time. Grant Hill was an ungodly player whose career and earnings were debilitated by ongoing major injuries (including to his ankle and his lower back).

Now compare Floyd to Jordan. Then include endorsement deals.

NBA players have the highest mean salary in the world:
http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-average-sports-salaries-2016-11
The Cleveland Cavaliers are the new highest-paid sports team in the world, with players making an average of $8.7 million during the 2016-17 season.
1.png

his wife's vag just got wetter.

I don't know the actual value of having a star on a top team. It probably makes them crazy money having him on the team as an item. I played with a few kids at the park and they were talking about him. Buy they could pick up a piece that costs a third of that and let Klay shoot more and win again.

Floyd is arguably the greatest boxer of all time. Grant Hill was an ungodly player whose career and earnings were debilitated by ongoing major injuries (including to his ankle and his lower back).

1.png

I honestly didn't know cricket players and CFL players made that much money

I was among them. I thought he was made of glass. I also was dead wrong on the rise of Downtown Moneyball in the NBA. My whole life it was: if you live by the 3, die by the 3...you're gonna die by the 3.

So, yeah, holy fucking shit.
Don't worry now that he's set for 50 lives he'll go back to being glass.

He deserves every penny, best shooter in history and all around good guy. He puts butts in the seats as the Dubs sell out wherever they go. The guy is not a sell out like so many athletes, for example he won't endorse fast food or any other product he dos not believe in. He has been drastically underpaid the last few years and has been a good sport about it. He has made the owners a ton of money. Worth every penny.

Overpaid. Curry is worth closer to 40k per year. Not 40m.
Didn't JJ Reddick just get 25 mil a year? That guy is not worth that much. But, if that's the standard we're going by.. then it looks like Curry is worth that much.

Didn't JJ Reddick just get 25 mil a year? That guy is not worth that much. But, if that's the standard we're going by.. then it looks like Curry is worth that much.

Curry lifted a whole franchise. Whether he is "worth" the contract really isn't the point. GS was willing to pay him the money. It should also be noted Curry was underpaid before this contract.

GS has a 3-4 year window to win Championships. Let the champagne flow!

And fuck Lebron.

1.png
Incredibly (possibly, wrongly) surprised about cricket being 3rd. I understand India and Pakistan being huge markets but I never imagined cricket being 3rd, surpassing both NFL and EPL. One of the factors is likely the amount of players in each sport. Less players = higher average. Vice-versa

That's a one year deal by a team who's just trying to fill out their cap space. It's not the norm.

Incredibly (possibly, wrongly) surprised about cricket being 3rd. I understand India and Pakistan being huge markets but I never imagined cricket being 3rd, surpassing both NFL and EPL. One of the factors is likely the amount of players in each sport. Less players = higher average. Vice-versa
Bollywood is soaring, lately, too. Their top actors are starting to crack the top charts for salary and box office revenue, and we're talking about actors that don't speak a word of English in their films.

Why does the NBA even have a salary cap anymore? There's so many ways around it there ought to not even be a salary cap. The whole point of the salary cap is to stop there being super teams like the Warriors who're going to win at least the next 2 championships.

Back