Staunch liberal celebrity Seth McFarlane on the right side of history

exactly, it doesnt take a genius to figure out that the most powerful man in hollywood commands such authority.

same joke can be done at virtually any workplace, replace weinstein with whoever the CEO is.

I actually like Seth. But people making him out a hero are just dumb. He told a joke. And you're right, it was vague as hell.

The hero is the aspiring actress who turned his shit down and went public.

Even these FAMOUS actresses coming out now are COWARDS!! They KNEW he was doing this to younger girls and they didn't say shit because they wanted the fame

The most harrowing thing I've learnt of him is that he dated Emilia Clarke (Daenerys from GOT). Shit had me scratching my head.

32DF1D6400000578-0-image-a-84_1459877370440.jpg

article-2296056-18CA8458000005DC-608_634x904.jpg

eh he's a normal looking white guy not sure why it would be so weird for her to date him. Especially since he's funny and women love that.

Now the right is becoming SJW's. Ever heard of due process guys?

Did you cry for due process when the women came out of the woodwork in the 11th hour against trump?

We have been using your own rhetoric against you because pointing out blatant hypocrisy is a winning strategy.

So while the Trumpets cast this as a purely partisan smear, which is fair game, really, and not at all misleading as a generality, it shouldn't be forgotten that it wasn't some ballsy conservative who took on the king when he still had his scepter.
Seth MacFarlane Opens Up About His 2013 Harvey Weinstein Oscars Joke, Condemns “Abhorrent” Abuse Of Power

Yes, sometimes Democrats have integrity and balls with regard to their beliefs-- even *gasp* actors!

Good on him. To bad it was a voice crying in the wilderness. The fact that it didn't get any traction highlights the fact of collusion.

Even after the fact SNL to whom nothing is sacred (except Weinstein) won't even crack a joke.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...haels-on-why-weinstein-was-left-out-show.html

“Saturday Night Live” – known for its biting satire of President Trump – took on gun control, paid tribute to the victims of the Las Vegas shooting, spoofed OJ Simpson getting out of prison and remembered rocker Tom Petty during Saturday’s night’s show – but not a peep about the sex scandal involving Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein.

Social media users quickly called out the show’s hypocrisy.

“Why didn’t big mouth Michael Che’ say anything about Harvey Weinstein on SNL “Weekend Update”? He’s got so much opinion about everything else ,” Pastor Darrell Scott, a Trump supporter, posted on Twitter.

ESPN columnist Buster Olney called the show “gutless.”

“SNL with nothing on Weinstein? Gutless .” he posted early Saturday.

SNL creator Lorne Michaels said they decided not to go after Weinstein because he’s from New York.

‘It’s a New York thing,” he told The Daily Mail about Weinstein, who was born in Queens.

Gal Gadot, the star of “Wonder Woman,” hosted the show – which has unmercifully mocked Trump, who is also a Queens guy – by remembering the 58 people killed and hundreds wounded in the mass shooting in Las Vegas.

Later, country singer Jason Aldean, who was on stage during the open-air concert when the long gunman opened fire on the crowd, sang “Won’t Back Down” in tribute to Petty who died last Monday.

gotta be honest didn't realize McFarlane was a known liberal

although I'm basing that solely off the type of humor found in Family Guy and especially TED movies

He does seem in interviews like a relatively normal, level headed cat tho.

Really? He's a pretty staunch democrat and was a hardcore Bernie supporter, he's just very anti political correctness.

Palin got so butthurt about this.

Actually, literally triggered that the 'right' are point scoring your ass on a platter.

Take it easy micky.

For the record this whole partisan thing has came about for a few reasons;
-The Weinstein & Democrat connection (Obamas daughter interning at his work place, the money Weinstein gave towards Obamas & Hilarys campaigns). Hilary has condemned all Women who voted for Trump, called him an enemy to Womanhood...whilst she was in part funded by this creep and she also happens to be married to another, people hate the double standards and hypocrisy of it all.

-The fact many hollywood celebrities have been lambasting Trump non-stop, but took their sweet old time to condemn Harvey Weinstein, they waited till he was fired and they were getting backlash for keeping silent on the issue before releasing short generic condemnation statements. The likes of Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence have derided Trump non-stop but they took their time to release a mildly condemning generic statement on Harvey and his behavior after being pressurized into doing so.

-The talk show comedians who have mocked Trump for months on end...but haven't mentioned Harvey in any of their sketches or jokes. Even though this story is big news right now and showcases the sexual mistreatment of Women, Men and Children in 'Hollywood'.

It's a shame this whole issue has become political, but such is the current climate. Trumps supporters saw the Hilary & Obama - Weinstein connection, then they saw the staunch anti-Trumpites like Streep & Lawrence keep their traps shut and saw the chance to showcase the hypocrisy and score political points.

Exactly

Really? He's a pretty staunch democrat and was a hardcore Bernie supporter, he's just very anti political correctness.

Palin got so butthurt about this.

I remember him being on Maher once, but I didn't recall him being too left leaning

maybe that's because other celebs that have been on have been ultra left

I remember him being on Maher once, but I didn't recall him being too left leaning

maybe that's because other celebs that have been on have been ultra left

True, and most comedy writers while being left leaning also get tons of shit from the PC police on both sides. Kind of like how I'm not a conservative outside of a few things but I have more dislike for SJWs than most right wingers.

Seth seems like a pretty cool dude, American Dad is by far his best work in my opinion. That show consistently cracks me up.

Actually, literally triggered that the 'right' are point scoring your ass on a platter.

Take it easy micky.

For the record this whole partisan thing has came about for a few reasons;
-The Weinstein & Democrat connection (Obamas daughter interning at his work place, the money Weinstein gave towards Obamas & Hilarys campaigns). Hilary has condemned all Women who voted for Trump, called him an enemy to Womanhood...whilst she was in part funded by this creep and she also happens to be married to another, people hate the double standards and hypocrisy of it all.

-The fact many hollywood celebrities have been lambasting Trump non-stop, but took their sweet old time to condemn Harvey Weinstein, they waited till he was fired and they were getting backlash for keeping silent on the issue before releasing short generic condemnation statements. The likes of Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence have derided Trump non-stop but they took their time to release a mildly condemning generic statement on Harvey and his behavior after being pressurized into doing so.

-The talk show comedians who have mocked Trump for months on end...but haven't mentioned Harvey in any of their sketches or jokes. Even though this story is big news right now and showcases the sexual mistreatment of Women, Men and Children in 'Hollywood'.

It's a shame this whole issue has become political, but such is the current climate. Trumps supporters saw the Hilary & Obama - Weinstein connection, then they saw the staunch anti-Trumpites like Streep & Lawrence keep their traps shut and saw the chance to showcase the hypocrisy and score political points.

Staunch liberal here.

You make very good points. I was getting ready to call you out for not giving examples and then you did. This is why even though I am a liberal I am instead an independent. Hipocracy everywhere.

This isn't about Trump and people are wrong to make is about Trump or politics. Wrong is wrong and we have all got to be quick to say it especially when its on "our" side.

One small observation about Trump that I really don't think is partisan and that takes nothing from this story. I think he may not be any worse than other politicians as far as being a degenerate but his level of communication advertises it to the whole world in a way that is much worse. I wont even let my 7 year old daughter hear or read anything he says. I would not feel that way.about any other politician on the right or left.

True, and most comedy writers while being left leaning also get tons of shit from the PC police on both sides. Kind of like how I'm not a conservative outside of a few things but I have more dislike for SJWs than most right wingers.

Seth seems like a pretty cool dude, American Dad is by far his best work in my opinion. That show consistently cracks me up.

Yea man. I'm a die hard libertarian. Probably about 50/50 on the Liberal/conservative wheel. But the SJWs irritate me far more than the right wingers

Integrity and guts to make a fucking joke about rape and sexual assault instead of actually doing something?

Motherfucker was a producer not a dictator

[QUOTE="Co-Co Zola, post: 134740181, member: ]
article-2296056-18CA8458000005DC-608_634x904.jpg
[/QUOTE]

image001.jpg

Staunch liberal here.

You make very good points. I was getting ready to call you out for not giving examples and then you did. This is why even though I am a liberal I am instead an independent. Hipocracy everywhere.

This isn't about Trump and people are wrong to make is about Trump or politics. Wrong is wrong and we have all got to be quick to say it especially when its on "our" side.

One small observation about Trump that I really don't think is partisan and that takes nothing from this story. I think he may not be any worse than other politicians as far as being a degenerate but his level of communication advertises it to the whole world in a way that is much worse. I wont even let my 7 year old daughter hear or read anything he says. I would not feel that way.about any other politician on the right or left.

M'gent

<Gordonhat>

I agree, this issue is a matter for everyone to tackle. Sexual exploitation has no place in society, Hollywood needs to be confronted on the issue. It's a shame this matter is becoming a 'right' vs 'left' point scoring contest, but truth be told, the Weinstein - Democrat connection was always gonna' be a talking point, especially after the 'left' have condemned Donald on his sexual abuse allegations and misogyny.

This isn't a matter where one side should be defending anything, if Trump has in fact sexually assaulted anyone, I condemn him as a piece of shit. This stuff isn't on.

It's a shame this issue is becoming about the 'lefts hypocrisy', Hollywood has long been known to harbor sinister elements. The Paedophilia and child abuse is something I'd really like to see get tackled, with people going to prison over it and the victims getting justice.

Sadly it seems this is gonna' be a case of all the victims speaking out...Harvey maybe getting took to court (doesn't look like he'll do any time), then in a few months everyone will move on and the systematic abuse by those in power will continue.

G'day to you sir.

Did you cry for due process when the women came out of the woodwork in the 11th hour against trump?

We have been using your own rhetoric against you because pointing out blatant hypocrisy is a winning strategy.
Yes, actually I did. In fact, I just dismissed the whole thing as bullshit, as it was awfully convenient that they came out right when he was running for president.

That's why I'm pointing it out. I for the most part support Trump. But we can't abandon our principles to become SJWs as well, otherwise our nation will truly be ruined.

Back