Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (New Footage from D23 Reel)

What did you think of the teaser trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the golden hand of C-3PO

Last edited:
Although kind of a cool thought for the opening, that scene would have created a whole new bitch-fest for us Star Wars nerds.

Like how did the severed hand escape the gravity of Bespin. How close is Jakku to Bespin for the hand to end up there?
I could only imagine the theories
Why would it have to land on Jakku though since Maz's cantina is on a different planet I believe. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to have landed on Maz's planet?

I hope in the next one the do more wide open shots of landscapes and scenery. JJ's style is so tight I didn't feel like I was in the star wars universe. I loved all the cinematography from Coruscant, Mos Espa, Naboo, etc from the prequels.

Luke's hand/lightsaber floating through space and landing on Jakku or Maz's planet would have been absolutely cringe-worthy. Star Wars has had some pretty awesome opening scenes after the title crawl and then we get... a hand floating through space? dafuq?

Imo they follow proven path.

Rey ends up being the re incarnated Anakin

Luke dies in 8 basically letting Kyle kill him

Snoke is indeed Plageius

Kylo andRey kill Snoke together

I hope they deviate from something like this but I feel they keep close to the original formula to be safe. Sucks as they could make such a better story.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's pretty likely she will be a Skywalker..
could be Luke's kid somehow but I really think she is Anakin re incarnated. Possess the same freakish ability with little to no training , no clue who the patents are and like Anakin might only have a mother, grows up on a desert planet by herself basically....... lots of parrellels to her and Anakin rather than her n Luke.

Imo they follow proven path.
Rey ends up being the re incarnated Anakin
Luke dies in 8 basically letting Kyle kill him

Snoke is indeed Plageius

Kylo andRey kill Snoke together

I hope they deviate from something like this but I feel they keep close to the original formula to be safe. Sucks as they could make such a better story.

I personally think that would be one of the dumbest things they could do.

Update: April 21, 2016

Rumor: Major Plot Details for STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII Leaked

Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-Rey-042116-Dragonlord.jpg

A Reddit user dubbed u/LouEvilOne posted these "leaked" plot details on a StarWarsLeaks Reddit page. Naturally, the authenticity of these details have yet to be confirmed by LucasFilm, and don't expect to get any confirmation until the movie hits theaters on December 15, 2017.

One of these leaked details is the movie's purported title, Star Wars: Echoes of the Dark Side, with the story reportedly following three main plot threads, centering on Kylo Ren, Finn and Rey, all of which will converge in the movie's third act.

[Note: If you read this, please use spoiler tags in your future discussion. And try not to spoil it to the other SW fans. Thanks.]

One of the biggest complaints fans had with Star Wars: The Force Awakens is that it felt to structurally similar to the plot of Star Wars: Episode IV. This Reddit user claims that the Star Wars: Episode 8 story won't be quite as similar to The Empire Strikes Back, as The Force Awakens was to The New Hope, but there will still be plenty of similarities. The story will reportedly feature Rey starting her Jedi training with Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) on a remote planet, which was hinted at in a recent set photo. Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) and Finn (John Boyega) find themselves on a beautiful city that has a "shady, sinister underpinning," which sounds quite similar to Lando Calrissian's Cloud City.

Both Finn and Poe are reportedly captured by Kylo Ren and used as bait to draw Rey out of hiding, which will lead to another duel with Rey and Kylo Ren. This Reddit user also claims that Supreme Leader Snoke seduced Kylo Ren and had him kill all of Luke Skywalker's Jedi trainees, but Luke and a few others survive, including Rey. Luke then sends Rey to Jakku to protect her, with Rey's mother dying in the attack. The biggest surprise revealed in these details is that Rey is actually Luke's father, meaning she's a reincarnation of Annakin Skywalker. Here's the explanation for this alleged twist from the Reddit user.

"Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker. Luke went to the first Jedi temple to better understand how the process works. He learned that the spirit of the chosen one is reincarnated by the Force every time the universe is thrown out of balance, which apparently happens on a semi-regular basis (Anakin was hardly the first time the chosen one reincarnated). This is why she's so crazy powerful with the Force (remember that Anakin blew up the Trade Federation donut ship by himself when he was like 8 years old). Rey was the product of a virgin birth, but midichlorians aren't mentioned (Luke says "you are a child of the Force"). Luke is hesitant to train her because, according to Jedi history, the chosen one always struggles with staying on the light side of the Force because of the chaotic power running through them. He's afraid that she could become Vader 2.0. If he trains her to fight Kylo, and she turns dark, she would do way more damage to the galaxy than Kylo could ever dream of doing."

The post goes on to reveal much more about the story, including details about Benecio Del Toro's character Lord Vikram, who is serving as The Republic's interim leader, and is reportedly clashing with Leia Organa, who wants to go to war with The First Order. Newcomer Kelly Marie Tran is said to be playing Leia's contact Chala, who Finn becomes enamored with. Reportedly, Rey learns how to wield a lightsaber and use the Force, while she has another vision where she speaks with Maz Kanata and Hayden Christensen's Annakin Skykwalker. It isn't clear if this is a dream sequence or some form of telepathy.

There is a rumored scene featuring hundreds of Force ghosts, believed to be past "chosen ones." Later in the movie, Rey tells Luke that she feels Finn's "distress" and that she needs to go to him, a direct call back to Luke's dilema in Empire. Luke shares the time he also felt his friends were in pain, disobeying his master's orders to save them, instead of finishing his training. However, Luke has his own way of training, and goes with her. A different scene shows Finn waking up on a Resistance ship, where he's told by Poe that they're on their way to the Republic homeworld, which was established after the Starkiller Base was destroyed.

The Starkiller Base's destruction is said to have knocked out communications to several parts of the galaxy, and Vikram wants to re-establish communications before going to war, which is where Leia and Vikram disagree. Leia thinks this is the perfect time to strike, with both sides engulfed in chaos. The Republic is being protected by a massive shield that can repel any First Order attack. Finn, Poe and Chala find out that Vikram's aide is a traitor, one of the First Order's spies. Leia throws him in jail for treason, and essentially takes over the Republic, putting Finn in charge of the shield's codes. But it turns out Vikram's aide wasn't the real traitor, it was Chala all along.

Chala leads Finn into a room where Captain Phasma is waiting, telling Finn that she planted the evidence on Vikram's aide in order to get the shield codes from Finn. After Phasma orders Finn to lower the shields, the First Order comes out of hyperspace and invades the planet, capturing Finn, Poe and Leia. Kylo Ren starts torturing Finn in an attempt to bring Rey out of hiding. Naturally, none of these details have been confirmed. We'll have to wait until 2017 to see if they turn out to be true.

Rumor: Major Plot Details for Star Wars: Episode VIII Leaked Online, Rey's Insane Backstory Revealed?

I'm not sold yet. I remember some random reddit poster seemingly in the know, posted the plot details for the Force Awakens and almost all of it was false. If I'm not mistaken, the only details they got correct were the character's names.

Lol @ disney leaking information. Testing details to the masses to see if they need to go in another direction. Seriously FU reddit and disney devils.

I personally think that would be one of the dumbest things they could do.
I agree and disagree. I'm okay with Rey being incarnated Anakin if they make the story right. If they just follow the same plot as the OS with it then I agree it's dumb.

IMO right now more things point to her being Incarnated Anakin than kin to a living Skywalker. If they make her Luke's kid that would be pretty dumb and fuck up the whole he was following jedi ways shtick, and if she was a,Solo ya think Lei would of known.

Update: May 5, 2016

Full Version of 'Jabba Flow,' The Cantina Song from The Force Awakens

Two of the biggest forces in the universe combined on Wednesday to celebrate May the 4th Be With You day and, shockingly, the planet did not explode. Instead, Hamilton mastermind Lin-Manuel Miranda and Star Wars: The Force Awakens director J. J. Abrams interrupted Miranda's daily #Ham4Ham sidewalk performance to bust out a rare live version of "Jabba Flow," the song the pair composed for the cantina scene in Force Awakens.

J.J. Abrams and Lin-Manuel Miranda Perform 'Jabba Flow' on Star Wars Day: Watch

She's born of the force like anakin.

Which technically makes her related to Luke without being his daughter...

It hurts to look at that.

No pivoting with the hooks, straight punches not fully extended, chin not tucked, hands barely at chest level...

If only they cast Ronda for the role of Rey!!

She'll be ok, Kylo fights with his chin out

Why would it have to land on Jakku though since Maz's cantina is on a different planet I believe. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to have landed on Maz's planet?
No clue but Dragon's post states the hand was to burn up and the lightsaber was to end up on Jakku. Maz's quote of "a story for another time" or whatever it was hopefully has a cool backstory. Not just her serving up a pitcher of space beer to some wookies on her outdoor patio when the lightsaber crashes into the beer. She has to comp the beers, but the lightsaber reminds her of chewie due to it's size/girth

Update: May 10, 2016

Rumor: Tom Hardy's Cameo in STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII Revealed

Tom-Hardy-Star-Wars-Cameo-Dragonlord.jpg

There have already been rumors that Tom Hardy would have a small or even cameo role in Star Wars: Episode VIII, but new rumors suggest exactly what that role would be. Over at MakingStarWars, they have a report on not only the role he'll play, but how he'll be featured in the movie. Possible Spoilers from here on out.

According to their source, Tom Hardy will play a First Order stormtrooper, and one with a pivotal moment, similar to how Daniel Craig played the stormtrooper that Rey used a Jedi mind trick on in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Hardy's stormtrooper sees Finn (aka FN-2187), and the two are old First Order academy buddies. The interesting note is that Hardy's character thinks Finn is on a mission to infiltrate and spy on the Resistance, not on a mission like that forthe Resistance.

Tom Hardy's Rumored Role in Star Wars Episode VIII Revealed

Update: May 10, 2016

Pablo Hidalgo Says Supreme Leader Snoke Is Not Darth Plagueis

Supreme-Leader-Snoke-Star-Wars-051016-Dragonlord.jpg

Darth Plagueis is dead. He has been dead since Darth Sidious killed him, rising to the rank of master in the Sith, as told in 2005's Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.

That's the bottom line from Pablo Hidalgo, of Lucasfilm's Star Wars Story Group and continuity king. Hidalgo has authored multiple books like visual guides and encyclopaedias about Star Wars in addition to being one of the members of the team who help keep the worlds of comics, books, tv, and movies together.

Hidalgo is also nearly constantly harangued on twitter by fans asking questions about canon and continuity. While he's previously said things like "Snoke is Snoke," a conversation over the weekend saw him get very specific about the theory that Darth Plagueis, the master of Darth Sidious aka Emperor Palpatine somehow survived and eventually became Supreme Leader Snoke in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

"His apprentice killed him," Hidalgo said of Plagueis. When pressed, he said, further, "Sidious killed Plagueis. Ascending to master. As is the way of the Sith." and "I said Sidious killed Plagueis. He killed him. Killed. As in "to kill". Like, there was killing."

Believe it or not, a fan actually thought that was still too oblique.

"He is dead. There you go. Three words," Hidalgo said, clearly exasperated.

Star Wars Story Group Definitively Says Supreme Leader Snoke is Not Darth Plagueis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back