Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (New Footage from D23 Reel)

What did you think of the teaser trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: April 14, 2017

First Teaser Trailer and Poster for STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

C9YRt1SXkAEYN-k.jpg

Update: February 15, 2016

Production Announcement Video for STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII

11jq8ex.jpg

Rey took her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode VIII, which began principal photography at Pinewood Studios in London on February 15, 2016.

Star Wars: Episode VIII, which is written and directed by Rian Johnson and continues the storylines introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, welcomes back cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis. New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran.

Star Wars: Episode VIII is scheduled for release December 15, 2017.

Production Announcement Video for Rian Johnson's 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'

Link to The Force Awakens thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...10-crosses-900m-u-s-and-2b-worldwide.3128769/

Damn, that island is paradise compared to where Luke had to train on Dagobah. Hopefully it doesn't make Rey soft

I know episode VII has been out 2 months @Dragonlordxxxxx but you put a big spoiler in that returning cast paragraph.

Also, that teaser sucked.

Cool.

I wonder how long after TFA things will pick up?

Who knows....but as long as they don't explain why Rey has such amazing force ability, I'll be happy.

Cool, but I'm expecting a rehash of training scenes and homage to Ben Kenobi between Rey and Luke... more smile inducing moments to remind us of the original trilogy. Still looking forward to but im hoping her training is more if a montage of actions as opposed to Rey practicing with the blue lightsaber and blocking the first shot againt that metal ball that zapped Luke the first time. I beg for original ideas and content, please.

Update: February 15, 2016

STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII Adds Benicio Del Toro, Laura Dern and Kelly Marie Tran

Benicio-Del-Toro-Lauran-Dern-Kelly-Marie-Tran-Star-Wars-Dragonlord.jpg

Benicio Del Toro, Laura Dern and newcomer Kelly Marie Tran have joined the cast of Star Wars: Episode VIII, which started filming in London on Monday.

Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis are all returning for the follow up to The Force Awakens.

Rian Johnson wrote and will direct the film. Star Wars: Episode VIII is slated for release Dec. 15, 2017.

Del Toro was most recently seen in Sicario, Inherent Vice and Guardians of the Galaxy. Dern’s credits include 99 Homes and Wild. Tran is a relative newcomer (as was Ridley when she was first hired to star in the franchise). Her credits include the Netflix's indie XOXO with Sarah Hyland and the College Humor series.

'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Adds Benicio Del Toro, Laura Dern and Kelly Marie Tran

I can't wait to see what a galaxy sized Death Star looks like. It's gonna be amazing.

I know it's a bit early to talk about box office numbers, but will this movie pull bigger numbers than TFA? Or about the same, or even smaller? In the other trilogies, the box office gross always seemed to go down.

Who knows....but as long as they don't explain why Rey has such amazing force ability, I'll be happy.
In the previous threads, you had some issues with certain scenes.

1. You wondered how come newbie Rey defeated Kylo Ren so easily?

2. You didn't like that sanitation worker Finn was holding his own against Kylo Ren.

3. You especially didn't like how come Rey is so good at everything.

Hopefully somebody can answer these burning and not-yet-discussed questions for you.

In the previous threads, you had some issues with certain scenes.

1. You wondered how come newbie Rey defeated Kylo Ren so easily?

2. You didn't like that sanitation worker Finn was holding his own against Kylo Ren.

3. You especially didn't like how come Rey is so good at everything.

Hopefully somebody can answer these burning and not-yet-discussed questions for you.

She has megachlorians.

I know it's a bit early to talk about box office numbers, but will this movie pull bigger numbers than TFA? Or about the same, or even smaller? In the other trilogies, the box office gross always seemed to go down.

No idea.

b6t1s0.png

1zok9dc.png

Update: February 19, 2016

J.J. Abrams Announces STAR WARS Fan Film Awards 2016

I dunno. I'm part of the crowd that would like to see her un-Mary-Sued a little bit. Better pilot than Han, better with the force than Ren, etc...

I think the next one will do even better. glad they're adding Del toro too, he's legit. i think with TFA a lot of people were nervous it would suck, but it was so good I'm sure it's built fan confidence for sequels. Disney knows what they're doing here.

I never know what to expect out of the Box Office now. But I do know I'm ecstatic for Episode 8 with Rian Johnson directing. I loved Looper. I wish we could get some sort of expansion or sequel into that universe. And he directed the Breaking Bad episode, Ozymandias, one of the greatest episodes ever. I'm sure he has some kick ass story cooked up for Episode 8.

As of now, I'm going to say Episode VIII will not suprass The Force Awakens at the box office.

As of now, I'm going to say Episode VIII will not suprass The Force Awakens at the box office.

Sounds reasonable.

Did anyone expect TFA to do numbers THIS huge? I wouldn't bet on it happening again unless it's amazing and gets insane word of mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back