Spence Jr is the welterweight GGG

I expect him to get beat bad. Still good on our end. Now the venue may be an issue. No way E is going overseas. No chance whatsoever.
Anyway you can elaborate on why this is if you're allowed?
I think Spence is the real deal. Or should I say truth...I think his team is doing an awesome job with him. Look how Crawford started becoming noticed first and came out the gate earlier. Boom now Spence is passing him in hype and popularity. That shows that his team is doing all the right moves. That NBC Olympic showcase was brilliant.
I just think since Brook is champ he should be able to call that shot. But you guys know and are way better at this than me. Hate to hear going to the UK is a deal killer for this fight. Huge step up in competition. But I don't see any of the other guys wanting Spence. Except Porter. But that fight is always there. Might as well take a the earned title shot first.

I'd like to see more American fighters going overseas for fights. Money aside (which is obviously better overseas in some cases), it's also just more interesting to see guys in different venues. I always wanted to see Floyd go to England or something.
Same. Its more exciting and dramatic.

Same. Its more exciting and dramatic.

One of the reasons Ali was such a global icon is because he had huge fights in foreign countries. I don't understand why that does not appeal to more fighters.

I think Pacquiao should fight Vargas in Manila. Why the hell not? It would probably make a ton of money there.

One of the reasons Ali was such a global icon is because he had huge fights in foreign countries. I don't understand why that does not appeal to more fighters.

I think Pacquiao should fight Vargas in Manila. Why the hell not? It would probably make a ton of money there.
Entitlement is overwhelming in our society.

Well the money is overseas, and that's likely the reaction you'd get from Eddie Hearn. Brook v Spence would sell out a stadium in the UK, and so far the offers Haymon has made to get Brook over in the US again have been pathetic compared to the money that can be made for him defending his belt in the UK.

Spence should come to the UK if he wants that belt, that's where the champ fights and that's where the money is.

Would be a great fight, but if Spence isn't willing to do what Brook did and go to the champions backyard then it's going to be a tough negotiation.

I don't think E can get a decision overseas. All the close rounds will go to Brook and that hurts for a guy who focuses on body work.

My concern isn't the actual fight (shit I'd like the trip and drinks would be on me) but I think we get fucked. Money initially talked about was a little over a mil. To go overseas it would take 1.5 to talk about that. I don't know if there's enough left to pay Brook and I completely agree he's the bigger draw.

Would be a great fight. That I agree with. We'll see. A while ago I would have said the same thing about Danny and GGG and now it has some legs

I'd like to see more American fighters going overseas for fights. Money aside (which is obviously better overseas in some cases), it's also just more interesting to see guys in different venues. I always wanted to see Floyd go to England or something.

Floyd can't or he would have. He can't take his hand injections (Xylocaine) anywhere but Vegas

I agree with what you're saying. However, I think there is a big difference in fighting on foreign soil for both guys vs going to the home court of the foreign fighter. I think people are scarred of not just the judging but the home crowds ability to make it seem like shots are landing when they really aren't. I think the crowds influence judging more than they will admit too.
Then there's worrying about traveling and food especially if you're trying to make weight.

Fuck that. Imagine if Vargas knocked Pac out in front of his home town crowd.

Anyway you can elaborate on why this is if you're allowed?
I think Spence is the real deal. Or should I say truth...I think his team is doing an awesome job with him. Look how Crawford started becoming noticed first and came out the gate earlier. Boom now Spence is passing him in hype and popularity. That shows that his team is doing all the right moves. That NBC Olympic showcase was brilliant.
I just think since Brook is champ he should be able to call that shot. But you guys know and are way better at this than me. Hate to hear going to the UK is a deal killer for this fight. Huge step up in competition. But I don't see any of the other guys wanting Spence. Except Porter. But that fight is always there. Might as well take a the earned title shot first.

My response to nac:

"I don't think E can get a decision overseas. All the close rounds will go to Brook and that hurts for a guy who focuses on body work.

My concern isn't the actual fight (shit I'd like the trip and drinks would be on me) but I think we get fucked. Money initially talked about was a little over a mil. To go overseas it would take 1.5 to talk about that. I don't know if there's enough left to pay Brook and I completely agree he's the bigger draw.

Would be a great fight. That I agree with. We'll see. A while ago I would have said the same thing about Danny and GGG and now it has some legs"

So those are the concerns on our end

Fuck that. Imagine if Vargas knocked Pac out in front of his home town crowd.
He'd never make it out of there alive. There President would claim Vargas was a drug dealer and ........bye bye

Floyd can't or he would have. He can't take his hand injections (Xylocaine) anywhere but Vegas
Now this is the type of info I love to know. This single post was worth the price of admission and all the other sherdog shit threads and comments I've read here and the heavies.

Now this is the type of info I love to know. This single post was worth the price of admission and all the other sherdog shit threads and comments I've read here and the heavies.

To be honest I don't even go into the heavies and I'm a mod. A person can only take so much

Entitlement is overwhelming in our society.
I know this is a big part of my schtick, but this, this, this.

It's ridiculous to expect foreigners to come to us every time, let's go to them and embarrass them on their own home turf if we're as good as we say we are.

We lost out on so many fights because the American/US based fighter wouldn't go oversees. Of course, that goes both ways, many foreigners hold their belts and never leave their cave, but goddamn, whatever happened to the road warrior? Carlos Ortiz fought fight after damn fight in enemy territory, against multiple certifiable ATGs. Now that's a legend

To be honest I don't even go into the heavies and I'm a mod. A person can only take so much
Yeah its almost as bad as reading world star or youtube comments but with an extra dose of homosexuality... A lot of confused angry closeted young men in there.

Yeah its almost as bad as reading world star or youtube comments but with an extra dose of homosexuality... A lot of confused angry closeted young men in there.

It's where sense goes to die.

I don't think E can get a decision overseas. All the close rounds will go to Brook and that hurts for a guy who focuses on body work.

Would be a great fight. That I agree with. We'll see. A while ago I would have said the same thing about Danny and GGG and now it has some legs

Surely that's a risk you guys are going to have to take though, I really can't see Brook going back out to the US to defend that belt. Historically, you're just as likely to get a poor decision either side of the Atlantic as well, it's not like a fair decision is guaranteed in the US. It would definitely be a safer bet but I imagine that would be a deal breaker for Hearn and it would be Spence looking worse for refusing to travel.

So far Haymon hasn't been able to come close to the mopney Hearn can guarantee over here, but maybe he stumps up. Even so, I still wouldn't travel if I was Brook. He went to Porter's backyard to win the belt and took the risk you guys are currently weighing up. He deserves to defend the belt in his own country, he\'s the champ and that's where the biggest fight is. More money and potentially a stadium as opposed to 12,000 people in a random arena.

It would be an awesome fight to have over here, I really do hope you can come to some sort of arrangement. I will take you up on the drinks offer too!

I imagine the taxation is a big reason too, Floyd would want nothing to do with that UK income tax.

The again, they could probably loophole the shit out of the money and just pay Floyd an untaxed dividend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back