Sparring other fighting styles is the best way to improve your striking

Ericsson had 5 kickboxing fights and was in now way shape or form a legitimate Kickboxer.

If you have a kickboxing fight you have a decent claim at calling yourself a kickboxer. If you train kickboxing for a long time and have several kickboxing fights you are by all means a kickboxer. He just isn't a very good kickboxer but a kickboxer nonetheless not worse than what you see at small regional shows and good enough to beat most hobby kickboxers in your average gym.

You went from "a boxer can't deal with anyone who throws lowkick at alL" to "boxer xy only beat a bad kickboxer". That wasn't your question you asked if someone had a case where a boxer wins in any fight where his opponent is allowed to leg kick, gave an example yourself and received a few others.

If you have a kickboxing fight you have a decent claim at calling yourself a kickboxer. If you train kickboxing for a long time and have several kickboxing fights you are by all means a kickboxer. He just isn't a very good kickboxer but a kickboxer nonetheless not worse than what you see at small regional shows and good enough to beat most hobby kickboxers in your average gym.

You went from "a boxer can't deal with anyone who throws lowkick at alL" to "boxer xy only beat a bad kickboxer". That wasn't your question you asked if someone had a case where a boxer wins in any fight where his opponent is allowed to leg kick, gave an example yourself and received a few others.

Okey. So Conor Mcgregor is a boxer in your opinion?

Okey. So Conor Mcgregor is a boxer in your opinion?

He had amateur fights, a pro boxing match and it's the martial art he has trained for most of his life. He would certainly beat some pro boxer maybe some mid level pros even. McGregor is a much better MMA fighter than boxer but yeah i guess he's a boxer. It's not like being a pro athlete is exclusive to one sport.
If some athlete from a different sport claimed he could beat a boxer and somehow beat McGregor in a boxing match then I would give this athlete credit for beating a B level boxer.

But that wasn't even your question you said no boxer would win a fight where someone can kick his legs or something in that way which obviously isn't true.

So all you did was shadowbox and hit the bag?

8 years is a very long time. I reckon you could have been even better if you were at a gym for most of those 8 years

No I did a lot more than just shadow box and hit the bag, too much to even write about. There are many advantages to training alone when you have a solid foundation.

Last edited:
Seems like TS just wants to argue here. He wants to improve and be able to handle diverse styles but only wants to train TKD. This is a major weakness because his style is very limited already. Major lack of commonsense.

No I did a lot more than just shadow box and hit the bag, too much to even write about. There are many advantages to training alone when you have a solid foundation.
I understand your last part. I know a very talented pro fighter who did that for about 2 years and came back way better.

But you can't just let off and say too much to write about. That's bullshit. At least list 5 things. Doesn't have to be super comprehensive

Spacetime... did you forget Ray Mercer ktfo Tim Silvia

Yup.

Motor engrams, AKA muscle memory (dang I hate that term), are the key to perfecting skills. That requires reps, a lot of reps. The more efficient and correct the rep the more you move to motor engram development. Put them to work using the timing, speed, body position, accuracy, etc. that you plan to use them.

The motor engram (dedicated neural pathway) moves the skill to subconscious proficiency. When you get your skill there you're as fast and effective as you will ever be.
I understand your last part. I know a very talented pro fighter who did that for about 2 years and came back way better.

But you can't just let off and say too much to write about. That's bullshit. At least list 5 things. Doesn't have to be super comprehensive
Ok..
1) Cardio- I got up to running 10 miles with a weight vest. Switched to sprints and stairs...unlimited cardio
2) Would wake up and got up to 1,000 pushups then hit the heavy bag. Afternoon I would swim a length of the beach, run back on the sand, swim again, run again. Meditate. Then go to BJJ class..do 2 classes..train BJJ after. Then do Bagua Circle Walking when I got home.
3) Strength and Conditioning off the charts. Ive been a great athlete my whole life and have constantly improved the quality of my workouts. Id do a huge quantity, then increase the quality, then do a huge quantity of quality, then increase the quality.
4) Constant research and study of various champions in combat sports. I prefer southpaw but switch to orthodox as well but I study all the great south paws. Pacquiao, Cro Cop(how he sets up his kicks), Anderson Silva etc. I pick one move that theyre great at and work on it. Like Mannys lunging left cross thats almost like a Superman punch..or GSPs superman punch.
5) Self Motivation leads to Self Discipline, Self Discipline leads to Self Cultivation, Self Cultivation leads to Self Knowledge, Self Knowledge leads to Self Expression!

Its a fantastic idea

a TKD guy though tends to get KTFO when he goes up vs another style maybe consider changing your style though?

Or at least mixing it with solid kickboxing fundamentals ie good boxing and round kicks defense etc plus the TKDO skills might mean something because TKD alone is rubbish

The often sighted TKD guys that do well in MMA etc are actually using alot of kyokushin kickboxing too so its not pure TKD

If you have good training partners with less ego.

I know they exist, I was using hyperbole, my sense of humor is dry. It just so happens that I'm in that intermediate level where I'm not longer a n00b, but not an expert either, and I'm a very big guy, so if I'm sparring with quality guys (i.e. amateurs looking to go pro, or actual pros) they always go hard. I believe it has to do more with the size. I think people feel that the bigger the sparring partner, the harder you have to hit him to get him to register the hit, NOT TRUE

Its a fantastic idea

a TKD guy though tends to get KTFO when he goes up vs another style maybe consider changing your style though?

Or at least mixing it with solid kickboxing fundamentals ie good boxing and round kicks defense etc plus the TKDO skills might mean something because TKD alone is rubbish

The often sighted TKD guys that do well in MMA etc are actually using alot of kyokushin kickboxing too so its not pure TKD

Actually, I can hurt my sparring partner...

He is a Serbian national champion (amateurs) in Kickboxing

who?

TKD is an inferior art

They had to modernize it for starts make it more like kickboxing because the traditional stuff was total dog shite so its not even an authentic art anymore

Then even with modernization towards practicality and effectiveness it still sucks

Then you get TKD guys who do well in mma or kickboxing extremely rarely and inane people like you site them as proof that the art is not totally inferior, when really those few individuals that succeed prove that it is totally inferior otherwise they be more than just a few

Also if you look closely they are not proper TKD fighetrs they need to mix with kyokushin kicking and western boxing to be able to win

Last edited:
who?

TKD is an inferior art

They had to modernize it for starts make it more like kickboxing because the traditional stuff was total dog shite so its not even an authentic art anymore

Then even with modernization towards practicality and effectiveness it still sucks

Then you get TKD guys who do well in mma or kickboxing extremely rarely and inane people like you site them as proof that the art is not totally inferior, when really those few individuals that succeed prove that it is totally inferior otherwise they be more than just a few

Also if you look closely they are not proper TKD fighetrs they need to mix with kyokushin kicking and western boxing to be able to win

Kyokushin my ass. Wonderboy throws kickboxing kicks, which are a combination of TaeKwondo and muay thai

Back