*SOURCE* Wand/Stann & Siyar/DHK

A bit extreme maybe? Wand is still a mid-tier guy, hard to accept b/c he used to be so good, but there's still plenty of guys he could beat.

I was sure he would destroy Leben.

Who would you pick to lose to Wand? I seriously can't come up with a name. Maybe Shields? But if he wrestle fucked Hendo, I'm sure he'd wrestle fuck Wand.

And to the guy posting the Cung Le gif, would you seriously pick Wandy in a rematch?

Damn it, wand is probably gonna get his shit pushed in again, and that makes me sad. Still rooting for him, but being realistic about his chances.

I like both DHK and Siyar, so not sure who to root for, but i can see the gun molesting him on the ground.

Hopefully Struve is smart and takes hunt to the ground as soon as the bell rings, otherwise he's gonna be in for a short night as well.

Also rooting for Gomi to smack Diego around a bit.

The problem for Wand is Stann's straight punching. He hits straight, and hard.

First thing that came to mind when I saw the Wand/Stann, was "shit..."

War Wand thou!

I was sure he would destroy Leben.

Who would you pick to lose to Wand? I seriously can't come up with a name. Maybe Shields? But if he wrestle fucked Hendo, I'm sure he'd wrestle fuck Wand.

And to the guy posting the Cung Le gif, would you seriously pick Wandy in a rematch?

Shields? Hell no, Shields would ride Wand for 3 straight rounds, plus Wand never fights wrestlers.

Pick any low to mid level middleweight without good wrestling or massive power: Chris Cammozi, Nick Ring, Buddy Roberts, etc...

Granted he would never fight any of these guys, b/c they aren't big enough names for his profile, but they're all fights he should win. I would give him 50/50 against Cote or Sakara as well.

Last edited:
who do you think would have taken the fight? an up and comer is probably the only one willing to make the trip to japan to fight an asian fighter.

hathaway? not going to sift through the roster checking fighter's avalibility. just disappointed we get a dull predictable matchup for siyar, instead a potential barnburner like siyar/alves or siyar/hardy.

Solid fights, it's going to be awesome seeing Wanderlei fighting in Japan again.

Wasn't wand moving back to 205?

Dhk/siyar sucks IMO I want siyar against a striker like Alves or kampmann

UFC has handled his career disgracefully. All he has fought is dangerous strikers. What the hell???

They think Wand is a fan favorite so he's our golden boy. They put him in matches that is possible for him to win but his chin is holding him back. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he loses. They think it would keep us on the edge of our seat to see if he can still do it.

Looking to be an amazing card if its all true. Although Stann will most likely win, I give Wand a decent chance here. Diaz/Gomi could be interesting since Diego's long layoff and Gomi fighting in his home country could even them out more. Also DHK will submit Siyar. Lol at people bitching just because Siyar's opponent's strength is Siyar's weakness.

Why do my two favorite middleweights have to fight? Oh well, I guess I'll be rooting for wand

Sweet someone's getting KTFO between Stann and Wand

Alright kids, let's get this straight; DHK is a judoka, not a wrestler.I've seen about 10 people on here call him a wrestling beast/straight up wrestler and that is simply not accurate. He is a 4th dan blackbelt in judo and his excellent grappling skills are an example of newaza judo, not wrestling.

One last time; just because he takes people down and smothers them does not make him a wrestler. He's not.

That is all.

Knowing the potential outcome of Wand - Stann doesn't excite me too much being Wanderlei is my favorite fighter of all time. Dude's in the twilight of his career and his chin isn't exactly where it needs to be for fighting good strikers.

Heart rate is going to go bonkers during UFC - Fuel 8.

Wait a second. When the FUCK did the ufc sign tokudome? That is awesome news if true.

Terrible match up for Gomi. Hopefully DHK will put on a grappling clinic on Siyar. And Wand/Stann can go either way.

Back