So why isn't Colby getting the shot if he wants it?

Maia was good when Woodley beat him and now I guess Maia isn't good anymore - I think Woodley said some bullshit that Colby "copied his gameplan" or some shit even tho all Woodley did was stand against the cage and defend takedowns the whole fight. Colby actually chain wrestled Maia to death and clear cut 30-27 him.

Colby lost the first round. Literally all the media sites gave it to Demian as did most here. Colby absorbed twice the strikes in a three round fight than T-Wood did in five.

Colby lost the first round. Literally all the media sites gave it to Demian as did most here. Colby absorbed twice the strikes in a three round fight than T-Wood did in five.
Still hurt Maia more then Woodley did :D its a fight after all.

Maia was such a good win when Woodley put on the snoozefest against him and won and now people are trying to deny Colby and talk down his win because they don't like him - thats what I think is going on lol

He said some bullshit like "I cracked the code first" - if you remember he was saying that when he first beat Maia talking like Maia was some unbeatable fighter or some shit, I think he was trying to justify his garbage performance by talking up how good Maia is.

Now Colby comes along and beats him down worse then Woodley did and Woodley just says I did it first and you still gotta climb the ladder and get your weight up or some shit lol. Like you said Maia took no damage aside from his eye in the Woodley fight and Colby beat him down despite having shitty striking.

But I guess beating Maia means different things depending who you are I guess.

And if Colby had maia in there for 5 rounds like woodley did, i think Colby would've put him away.

Because people have know about Covington for about 20 minutes. Oh and $$$$$$.

And if Colby had maia in there for 5 rounds like woodley did, i think Colby would've put him away.
I mean his striking is sloppy so Maia got shots on him but Maia was a bloody mess in the 3rd and Colby got solid cardio. He also stuffed Maia's shot's in the middle of the cage and not against the fence like Woodley did. He for sure would have put Maia away if it was the main event.

I'd expect Colby would jump at the shot but keep in mind he fought 2 weeks ago and had some facial lacerations in the fight. He got a 30 day standard medical suspension. He would literally only have 3-4 weeks of full contact training to be ready for Dec 30.

However, Woodley has dismissed him repeatedly (even though Covington beat Maia far worse than Woodley did).

giphy.webp

Nobody gives a shit about Colby, that's why.

Perhaps not totally true but still I think he's potentially on the rise and fighting for the belt now would potentially be before his peak draw.

The UFC probably wants a few months of him making board line racist comments on social media first.

Or did he turn it down for December? He'd get a few months between fights and he's the only top ranked guy available. He beat Maia 30-27 when Maia was ranked #3 and supposedly so good if you ask Woodley fans and Woodley himself -- and then Colby beats him in a clear cut unanimous decision and Woodley is saying how Colby still needs to climb the ladder lol. Woodley was just talking a few months ago how good Maia was when he beat him and now beating Maia doesn't earn a title shot? Especially considering theirs no one else available (besides Nate Diaz)

I'd rather see him get the shot or pull Robbie from the RDA fight and let him fight Woodley instead of Nate Diaz who is 1-4 at 170 coming off a loss getting a title shot. This is embarassing for the sport.

DO NOT suggest pulling Lawler from the RDA fight.....I have tickets to that fucking card and it's already lost Aldo and Rogerio. Western Canadian cards are so fucking cursed I don't even know why I bother anymore :mad:

Cuz that fight isn't good for Tyruns brand

I disagree. Colby is the one guy at WW who's more boring and less likable than Woodley. This is the Champ's opportunity to be the fan favorite for a change.

He may never get another chance :(

DO NOT suggest pulling Lawler from the RDA fight.....I have tickets to that fucking card and it's already lost Aldo and Rogerio. Western Canadian cards are so fucking cursed I don't even know why I bother anymore :mad:
HA, I hope the card doesn't fall apart for your sake. I've never gotten tickets to an event and the one I almost did in CLE when Stipe vsed Reem the original co-main got pulled. cant remember what it was but it made my change my mind about going. the card was weak aside from the main event and having punk debuting on there

Nobody should give a shit about Nate, he's 1-3 in the division with the one win against a featherweight

I dont disagree, but they do.

Its not like we have a prime Hendricks lined up like when GSP fought Nick or Romero/Jacare like when Bisping fought Hendo.

Two most deserving guys are fighting each other and will still get the next shot barring Nate winning and Conor coming up.

If Colby was a monster wrecking guys left and right they would have made that fight instead. However, hes a boring douchbag and has one good name on his resume and the fight was awful.

Because he farts when minority prostitutes are eating his ass.

Back