So Whom Ducked Whomst?

Jones is the reason the fight didn't happen. He was supposed to fight Ngannou at 270 but refused to come to a deal and asked to be released. Then Ngannou finishes out his contract, leaves the UFC, and Jones is suddenly ready to fight at heavyweight. What changed Jon? The money situation never changed, he was just willing to fight Gane for less.
Yep. He is not the GOAT.

Is it really ducking to admit a guy is fucking dangerous and price yourself out? And fuck off from the sport for years?

And Ngannou no way fears Jones, he's just stubborn about money

Ngannou sux, one title win, robbed gane

Only one of these two fighters went out in the open and called the other “scary” (a word that usually signifies fear), and it wasn’t Ngannou.
Jones also called rampage scary then ran through him, GSP said he was scared of everyone he fought.

Neither guy really wanted to fight the other. They'd both probably do it for a pile of cash, but they didn't want their stock to drop if they lost. Francis had more to lose than Jon because his boxing dreams go up in smoke if he lost and he's just another guy in the pile, and Jon pretty much would have just lost a bit of stature at the end of a pretty long run.

Jones also called rampage scary then ran through him, GSP said he was scared of everyone he fought.

Neither guy really wanted to fight the other. They'd both probably do it for a pile of cash, but they didn't want their stock to drop if they lost. Francis had more to lose than Jon because his boxing dreams go up in smoke if he lost and he's just another guy in the pile, and Jon pretty much would have just lost a bit of stature at the end of a pretty long run.
I’m not necessarily saying Jones was afraid as I think professional fighters at the highest level will nearly always be confident they can beat any man, especially guys that have been a UFC champion.

but to say Francis ducked Jon out of fear like some morons say “he ran to a different promotion to duck Jones” is just objectively impossible and ridiculous.

The UFC did it by ducking both fighters price tags.

Is it really ducking to admit a guy is fucking dangerous and price yourself out? And fuck off from the sport for years?

And Ngannou no way fears Jones, he's just stubborn about money
Yes that's the definition of ducking

It was been #mutualducking as both combatants recognize that timing is incorrect for fight, but will become good timing after each finish current endeavor, especially if both are victory in battle, or even only Bones Jon.

Just my cents.

Neither ducked. Deals could have been made but both wanted really big money. UFC wasn't going to provide both guys big money. Jon walked through Gane like a hot knife through butter and its ridiculous to presume Francis would have done any better.

Jones talked about moving to HW for years but didn’t do it until Ngannou was out of the picture.

Not quite. He officially made the move last fall and was ready to sign the fight while Francis was still with the UFC. It was suppose to be Francis but he didn't end up making the deal with the UFC. They were waiting on Francis. So it ended up being Gane. Francis had a 3 fight deal on the table and didn't take it, Jon was the first fight.

Did Jon Jones duck Ngannou or did Ngannou duck Jones? Very calculated of Jones to call Francis a pussy only after a fight between then could never happen. I'm going with Jon ducking Francis in this situation. Waited for Ngannou to sign elsewhere, came out of the woodwork with a cherry picked opponent for an easy win for the title, and will beat up a mummified Miocic before retiring.
I think no one ducked.

Who ducked whom?

Not sure why SG, but this is the first time in years that someone corrected grammar on the web that I didn't immediately think "This guy's a dick".

If you made a correction here on your/you're or there/their/they're - it would've been the first thing in my thought process.

Last edited:
I don't think either ducked the other, but Jones priced himself out of the fight. I presume when the UFC knew Francis was leaving they gave Jones the money he wanted as they knew they needed a replacement who they could argue is the best HW

I think Jones is the GOAT*

But it was Jones that ducked Ngannou

Im sure Jones believes he can beat Francis but he for sure realized the threat Francis presented (his power COMBINED with his range and TDD) was far above anything he faced before so Jones being a very smart individual weighed the pros and cons and didnt feel the pros outweigh the potential cons of facing and potentially losing to Ngannou.

Jones is only here for the big money fights if the money is high enough.

Not quite. He officially made the move last fall and was ready to sign the fight while Francis was still with the UFC. It was suppose to be Francis but he didn't end up making the deal with the UFC. They were waiting on Francis. So it ended up being Gane. Francis had a 3 fight deal on the table and didn't take it, Jon was the first fight.

last Fall? And Ngannou’s contract ended in the winter right, Dec/Jan? I think I remember it being pretty clear that Ngannou was going to walk from the UFC to pursue boxing at that point.

it doesn’t matter though. I don’t really think either was ducking.

Seems pretty obvious and well documented that Jones ducked Ngannou. He doesn't seem to be very keen on fighting any of the very dangerous power punchers at HW.

Back