So Whom Ducked Whomst?

Jones ducked.
Ngannou wanted the Jones fight all along but he was unhappy with his contract and thought he could get a better deal elsewhere. Turned out he was right. Like the majority of fans he believed he had acquired the skills to stuff Jones TD's and would knock him out. He also wasn't afraid to take a loss as he already has a couple so it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Jones on the other hand is terrified of losing because remaining undefeated is a big part of his claim as the GOAT. He only committed to HW after Big Frank left. He's there to take advantage of a couple of favorable matchups, harvest the glory, and then ditch the sport before he has to fight Aspinall or Pavlovich.

Neither ducked.

The UFC failed to make the fight, but succeeded in convincing most of you marks that two of the biggest, strongest, most egotistical men on the planet didn't want to fight. You've got to be seriously low-test to think either wouldn't fight the other.

Said it in another thread but I think those two narratives are equally silly.

I think there's a more likely scenario where shit just didn't work out between three different parties with wildly different goals and objectives amongst them. I think timing was definitely impacted, but I don't think Ngannou ran from Jones, or Jones just finally signed after Ngannou left... rather they wanted that fight, couldn't make it work, so pivoted when Ngannou finally made a decision.

Jon was reiteed ubtil ngannou left the ufc. Im sure theres alot of infocbehindbthe scenes we'll never know and the truth is unattainable but based of that ill assume jones was duckin.

They both say it was the other guy who ducked so it's a draw

Jones admitted it was him.

Francis said, "I waited three years for you," to which Jones said, "I had to get to the size to kick your ass."

The implication being that Jones didn't believe he was big enough to deal with Francis.

That's Jon avoiding Francis, not Francis avoiding Jon.

Not sure but maybe jones considering also the sergej case

Probably the guy who from his own mouth said he was offered 8 million for the fight and turned it down

That's not what I took from that. It looked like the contract was only good if they won. Otherwise, Francis got fucked.
Well, that's how it usually works.
Should he be rewarded for losing?

Did Jon Jones duck Ngannou or did Ngannou duck Jones? Very calculated of Jones to call Francis a pussy only after a fight between then could never happen. I'm going with Jon ducking Francis in this situation. Waited for Ngannou to sign elsewhere, came out of the woodwork with a cherry picked opponent for an easy win for the title, and will beat up a mummified Miocic before retiring.
Fury ducked Usyk
Usyk ducked Ngannou
Ngannou ducked Jones
Jones ducked Fury

It took Jones two years to muster up the courage to fight at hw and he made sure Francis left before he stood up to the challenge.

Jones ducked short notice MW Chael Sonnen.

Well to be fair it was not he was scared of losing just that he did not have a convenient excuse if he did lose. And losing to Chael would have broken him.

It was a high risk low reward situation and Jones wanted to be in the best possible situation to beat Chael.
You don't really believe that do you? Look, I'm no Jones fan, but this is stretching it.

Its all about legacy. . .Until its not!

Bunch of goofs smh

Jones ducked ngannou originally. At the time, Jones wanted to fight stipe for the title, but ufc gs e the shot to Francis since he’d been waiting nearly 2 years. Francis destroyed stipe with ease.

immediately after the win, Jones tweeted “show me the money” and ducked the fight. His coach stated they wanted “50 million dollars” for Jones to fight Francis. The real number would have realistically been way less, but it was still at least 20 mil, more than mcgregor got paid for the biggest fight in ufc history.

Framcis ducking Jones came at a time when Francis was battling with ongoing contract negotiations with ufc. This situation became convenient for Jones to use as an excuse when ngannou left the ufc and so Dana white and Jones built this story together. Technically they have a point, but it’s still clearly bullshit.

watch ngannou level people in less than a round and tell me he’s “afraid” of fighting someone lol. Bullshit

Jones is the reason the fight didn't happen. He was supposed to fight Ngannou at 270 but refused to come to a deal and asked to be released. Then Ngannou finishes out his contract, leaves the UFC, and Jones is suddenly ready to fight at heavyweight. What changed Jon? The money situation never changed, he was just willing to fight Gane for less.

Back