So who’s Izzy fighting?

'Suga Daddy'

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Apparently winner of DDP/Whittaker in Sydney or December, but he’s said he wants to stay active before then. Two options I can think of are:

Jan Blachowicz at MW for Revenge

Jamahal Hill at LHW for double champ

Hill is likely booked against Jiri. Everyone at MW is booked. Chimaev is apparently still waiting. Has to be Jan at MW.

If Izzy truly wanted to stay active he would’ve given Pereira the 5th fight. Because there isn’t a clear cut contender in his division, and won’t be one for awhile.

If Izzy truly wanted to stay active he would’ve given Pereira the 5th fight. Because there isn’t a clear cut contender in his division, and won’t be one for awhile.
Izzy wants to fight this summer, I dont think fighting this summer is in Alex's best interest anyway

Alex just got KO’d dead. He needs like a year to recover
Not to mention he is going to 205… I know Izzy said he didn’t want to do the fight for a third time in a row, but it still easily could’ve happened in the next year

Pereira fans are wanting to blame Izzy for the fight not happening again, when they should be blaming Alex for immediately leaving the division after he lost lol

I think it's going to be Alex despite what everyone has said
Would be perfect for international fight week
No word on Jiri. But Jiri hill can't headline that
Wmma is a no go plus Amanda is fighting soon
Leon isn't fighting
Bw isnt happening next
Volk isn't headlining
Considering Conor isn't fighting then and Jones apparently is in new york
It's gotta be Izzy, and all his contenders are taken minus Alex.
HGrxHWs_d.webp

He's already headlined plenty of times. I know what you mean it's the july card, but Worse fights have headlined the july card. This is a title unification bout and it still has a comain title fight with moreno vs pantoja
I'd be surprised
Actually you're right I wouldn't be surprised
So that's all I can see I suppose
Volk or Izzy headlining

I'd be surprised
Actually you're right I wouldn't be surprised
So that's all I can see I suppose
Volk or Izzy headlining
I believe izzy will fight as well. I believe they may shoot for 3 title fights on 290. August/september will be either jones or leon. October is Islam and probably the BW title

Not to mention he is going to 205… I know Izzy said he didn’t want to do the fight for a third time in a row, but it still easily could’ve happened in the next year

Pereira fans are wanting to blame Izzy for the fight not happening again, when they should be blaming Alex for immediately leaving the division after he lost lol
I think Alex was only in mw for Izzy.
If he would have won the rematch I bet he would have moved up anyways.
I'm sure if he actually does move up it's because he won't get an immediate rematch, and he doesn't want to kill himself to fight at mw when he is capable of getting the lhw title

Alex turns 36 in July, you'd have to be some sort of fool to think he should take a year off. There's too much money on the table for him in fighting right now, 6 months off tops.

I don’t think it’s foolish for a person to value their brain health over money. Rushing back too quickly could led to serious damage

You really think a couple months is enough for someone after a brutal KO like that?

Can someone please tell me which leg are they going to cut off so Jan can make 185?

I think Alex was only in mw for Izzy.
If he would have won the rematch I bet he would have moved up anyways.
I'm sure if he actually does move up it's because he won't get an immediate rematch, and he doesn't want to kill himself to fight at mw when he is capable of getting the lhw title
Yeah I agree

I’m just saying you can’t put the rematch not happening all on Izzy when Pereira is the one going to another weight class. Just because Izzy didn’t want it right away doesn’t mean he would never have done the rematch. One win and Pereira would’ve been right there.

Izzy isnt gonna fight this summer, thought that was made pretty clear when they said he'll fight in Aus in fall vs DDp/Whittaker winner.

Izzy isnt gonna fight this summer, thought that was made pretty clear when they said he'll fight in Aus in fall vs DDp/Whittaker winner.

IDK… I think they are gonna want Izzy to headline International Fight Week…

Back