(UFC 300 Theory) Winner of Whittaker VS Costa to face Strickland for Interim MW Championship

Good Theory?

• Yes

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • NoWay

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters
Theory makes absolutely 0 sense. Neither one of the guys is going to turn around in less than 8 weeks. And, DDP just won the title last month! You think they are going to do an interim because he failed to defend 3 months later? I've heard some would ones, but this may be the worst.

I think you got it, thats the ME that's gonna blow our minds.

It's either that or leon vs belal

Theory makes absolutely 0 sense. Neither one of the guys is going to turn around in less than 8 weeks. And, DDP just won the title last month! You think they are going to do an interim because he failed to defend 3 months later? I've heard some would ones, but this may be the worst.
If you actually read the post, I mention that the UFC did this EXACT same thing with Ngannou - where they introduced an Interim HW Chamnpionship 3 MONTHS after Ngannou beat Stipe for the belt.

So there literally is precedent

It seems like poor management and choices sort of put ufc in a corner. How could they rely on this fight to generate a 300 fight? You want them to have a pillow fight? Both these men are gonna beat the crap out of each other at 298!

Same thing happened to DDP. He went to war with Strickland and took the majority of the damage and somehow 300 is hinged on that fight 3 months prior. It's their fault for booking these fights prior

Back