So this UFC Boxing promotion is actually happening

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im not even sure if Dana really wants it, but it sounds like WME/IMG wants to get involved

Dana is already getting a promoter's license

Dana White was at Wild Card gym with Freddie Roach promoting this

A lifelong boxing fan, White appeared with Hall of Fame boxing trainer Freddie Roach at a speaking engagement at the trainer's Wild Card West boxing club in Santa Monica, California, on Tuesday night and told the gathering that he is "getting into boxing, 100 percent."

He also said that he is in the process of getting a promoter's license, according to the Los Angeles Times.

As part of the deal, White, who owned a percentage of UFC and made around $400 million on the sale, agreed to remain with the company for at least five years. So he's not planning to leave UFC, but rather wants to incorporate boxing into the company's promotional portfolio.

"No, no, no, I'm not leaving the UFC. I'm getting into boxing with [WME/IMG head] Ari [Emanuel], and the UFC will be doing boxing too," White said, according to the Los Angeles Times. "It's still early. We're still working on it. I've got to get my [stuff] together, but I'm getting into boxing, man. It's coming."

I thought boxing was dying and MMA was taking over?

Last edited:
I have no issue with it..

If more fights occur, and better fights with new prospects I'm all for it

Fuck your logical reaction!!!

Pick a side you shitbird!!

Ok ok...sheesh...

This is just further proof that boxing has gone way south...the fact that it needs dana white to save it is just further proof of this..

Boxing was destined to die...its only one facet of combat fighting, it's just so fucking stupid...

It's the equivalent of telling basketball players, "ok, no more 3 pointers. Only lay ups"

If you don't believe me just look at the ppv ratings this year....every ppv card with the exception of conor vs gayweather was a complete failure.
And conor is an mma fighter...

Boxing just fucking sucks. The mods should shut down this gay ass forum.

Fuck boxing.

Remember guys, after de la hoya, Bernard Hopkins and jermaine taylor there will be no more boxing stars.

Nice, a boxing version of TUF with Dana shouting “do you want to be a fucking boxer?” is all we want.

I have no issue with it..

If more fights occur, and better fights with new prospects I'm all for it

giphy.gif

Ok ok...sheesh...

This is just further proof that boxing has gone way south...the fact that it needs dana white to save it is just further proof of this..

Boxing was destined to die...its only one facet of combat fighting, it's just so fucking stupid...

It's the equivalent of telling basketball players, "ok, no more 3 pointers. Only lay ups"

If you don't believe me just look at the ppv ratings this year....every ppv card with the exception of conor vs gayweather was a complete failure.
And conor is an mma fighter...

Boxing just fucking sucks. The mods should shut down this gay ass forum.

Fuck boxing.

1440.gif

Why not? Fair play and good luck too him. Can only try can't you, let's see what he can do with the sweet science

McGregor must really really want to box. And Dana must want a piece of that pie.

They got a taste of the stage, the attention, and of course, the money. They all know UFC is small potatoes by comparison.

Even a fight between McGregor and Paulie would out PPV draw just about any available MMA opponent short of GSP.

Look man, I just wanna know, will this be real fighting, including the use of pitchforks, broken bottles and small firearms, or JUST boxing?
The UFC stands for true fighting. They seem to be softening up.

Its crazy how quickly the tables can turn. 2016 was all UFC, 2017 has been all boxing. It really just comes down to who has the hotter stars and bigger fights at any given moment.

Ive no issue with it as long as they are not on MMA cards. boxing in a fckin huge cage will be shit

I think the company UFC sold to are connected to Al Haymon and that's one of the reasons why the Floyd vs Conor fight was made so easily.

So will this just be the usual boxing in a ring with boxing gloves or boxing in a cage with MMA gloves? The latter would be the smarter choice IMO because its something different and unique to the fight world which will gain a lot of attention. If you're a big promotion like UFC why try and be like every other boxing promotion?

I'd prefer if the UFC did kickboxing fights in a cage with MMA gloves. That way you could match up boxers, kickboxers and mma fighters together with it being somewhat competitive. Kickboxing is huge in China, Japan and Europe at the moment.

We definitely need more sloppy boxing.

Ive no issue with it as long as they are not on MMA cards. boxing in a fckin huge cage will be shit
I once cornered a guy for an unlicensed boxing match in a cage, on some crappy low rent MMA card in Eastbourne, it was shit

I'd prefer if the UFC did kickboxing fights in a cage with MMA gloves. That way you could match up boxers, kickboxers and mma fighters together with it being somewhat competitive. Kickboxing is huge in China, Japan and Europe at the moment.

Cage Rage used to have those, had journeyman pro boxers facing kickboxers and MMA fighters etc

http://www.cagedmuaythai.com.au/

https://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/5/...e-parr-giving-fight-fans-hybrid-promotion-mma

... ' That's why I decided for the gloves and the cage. Keep it Muay Thai rules exactly the same as MMA except for when it goes to the ground, you stop and stand back up again. Every single UFC fight that they call 'Fight of the year,' is the ones where they stand the whole time. I'm giving the fans exactly what they want to see."...

Nobody that has any value will go for this. Why go work for another brand when you have your own?

It's good for the little guy or maybe the good fighter with no recognition outside of the hardcore fans.

Back