So this UFC Boxing promotion is actually happening

I think the ufc will cut back on thier mma fighters and shows. Instead of having 12 Ppvs a year, they’ll cut back a few and run boxing ppvs in their place.

I watch MMA, boxing and kickboxing and enjoy all three. But I don't want to see boxing matches mixed in with UFC cards nor UFC fighters having boxing matches just because they already have them under contract. That would be so lame. If they do it as a separate all boxing event and book actual boxers against each other that would be fine by me.

I for one will boycott 100%

It's like Burger King selling steak all of a sudden. Fuck that.

They should do mixed events and show capoeira some love. Maybe get some arm wrestling on the card. Main event could be who can lift the most with their ding dong.

I think the company UFC sold to are connected to Al Haymon and that's one of the reasons why the Floyd vs Conor fight was made so easily.

So will this just be the usual boxing in a ring with boxing gloves or boxing in a cage with MMA gloves? The latter would be the smarter choice IMO because its something different and unique to the fight world which will gain a lot of attention. If you're a big promotion like UFC why try and be like every other boxing promotion?

I'd prefer if the UFC did kickboxing fights in a cage with MMA gloves. That way you could match up boxers, kickboxers and mma fighters together with it being somewhat competitive. Kickboxing is huge in China, Japan and Europe at the moment.

Or even go full old Greeks and do 3 types of fights : boxing (with mma gloves and clinch / dirty boxing allowed) / wrestling (submissions and throws allowed) / pankration (mma).
All within the 5 minutes 3/5 rounds so fights aren't 1 hour long and more action-packed.

Would be sick and gather a lot more of fighters.

I once cornered a guy for an unlicensed boxing match in a cage, on some crappy low rent MMA card in Eastbourne, it was shit

Haha yeah I cant imagine Eastbourne being a hotbed of fighting talent. Maybe some good crown green bowlers from there though!
I box/kickbox at an MMA gym at the moment, and even though there is a full size ring we end up sparring in the cage from time to time. Its fckin huge andgenerally a horrible experience. Ring craft goes completely out of the window

I for one will boycott 100%

It's like Burger King selling steak all of a sudden. Fuck that.
But why tho? UFC promoting boxing doesn't effect your life in the slightest. If anything it provides you with MORE boxing fights to watch. One of the things I like about the UFC is the fact that you cant really duck fighters. There's none of that BS business sh*t so many boxers do now days. The best fight the best not long after there's demand for it. If AJ and Wilder were UFC heavyweights they would of fought by now. Fighters teams wouldn't be negotiating the split and wouldn't be able to use that shit as an excuse to not fight each other.

But why tho? UFC promoting boxing doesn't effect your life in the slightest. If anything it provides you with MORE boxing fights to watch. One of the things I like about the UFC is the fact that you cant really duck fighters. There's none of that BS business sh*t so many boxers do now days. The best fight the best not long after there's demand for it. If AJ and Wilder were UFC heavyweights they would of fought by now. Fighters teams wouldn't be negotiating the split and wouldn't be able to use that shit as an excuse to not fight each other.
If boxers have way less say in money and who and where they fight then I can't imagine why top boxers would want to sign with them.

My favorite was boxing is your parents sport...so now he's going to "UFC" boxing...

I wonder if they will create a UFC belt.

tenor.gif

Ok ok...sheesh...

This is just further proof that boxing has gone way south...the fact that it needs dana white to save it is just further proof of this..

Boxing was destined to die...its only one facet of combat fighting, it's just so fucking stupid...

It's the equivalent of telling basketball players, "ok, no more 3 pointers. Only lay ups"

If you don't believe me just look at the ppv ratings this year....every ppv card with the exception of conor vs gayweather was a complete failure.
And conor is an mma fighter...

Boxing just fucking sucks. The mods should shut down this gay ass forum.

Fuck boxing.

Uh, sure, fuck you too. Dana is not saving boxing, he knows the money is there and that UFC is going south

Its going to fail, ufc and casual fans are not going to enjoy boxing the only boxer they enjoyed were tyson and pacquiao, and only watched to see big mouth floyd lose if you are going to be boring you have to be unbeaten and a unilikable braggart to get people to tune in unless they find someone super exciting with highly offensive style they won't tune in.

Dana is going to have to deal with american point fighters who are scared to trade blows, and he will have a dificult time building up these amateur fighters he is planning to scout and sign.

Dana might just throw some ufc fighters in a boxing ring to fight each other

I wish him all the success in the world.
He will need to show that he can negotiate better ( not sure if he was just a lay down at Mayweather one)
The ability to cross promote with direct competitors ( has shown in the past but seems to have lost that art)
Garner fighters to the brand
Abiltity to create stars organically
Have grassroot movment local shows and not come in like they are the gaints in the industry
Be prepared to be attacked by a certian big promotor

They should do mixed events and show capoeira some love. Maybe get some arm wrestling on the card. Main event could be who can lift the most with their ding dong.

Dim sim eating contest & foxy boxing and I'm there.

This probably wouldn't go well. UFC would likely introduce yet another sanctioning organization, have a rival sport's main brand steal more marketshare, and White pays his fighters like shit.

Bring back Art Jimmerson.

Hbo should put on some mma fights with jim lampley commentating..trow in larry merchant for good measure

Back